Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers(1) vs. Washington Capitals(7): Eastern Conference Semi-Finals

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Huge win! Ways to go but this is the type of win that could lead to a cup.

All Pro
    Im dead. ****ing dead.

My head exploded.

I posted a cheesy facebook status.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Huge win! Ways to go but this is the type of win that could lead to a cup.
    I felt that way about the triple OT too but so much for that. Reminds me of the Bruins of last year. Maybe the more adversity, the better. This team might not play a series in less than 7

Jets Insider VIP
    Game 7 vs Devils in 1994

Valeri Zelepukin of the Devils ties the Rangers with a goal past Mike Richter with, I believe 6.6 seconds remaining in the third period

two overtimes later

Matthau... Matthau...Matthau

NOW

18 YEARS LATER

Rangers tie the Caps with 6.6 on the clock and win it in OT

GO RANGERS..... END THIS THING IN DC IN GAME 6

All Pro
    Probably the wildest hockey finish I've seen. Insane.

Just came back from the garden. The most memorable games are usually torture most of the way. I still can't believe how annoyed I get at the Giants standing ovations when they put them on the screen. I do my part for jets nation and stand up and boo.

Veteran
    that slap shot from the blue line was insane. I keep watching the replay wondering how it went thru all of that traffic.

Jets Insider VIP
    I have no rooting interest in the NHL but it is great to see the Rangers and Devils doing well. Tonight's game was amazing.

I dont know who I will root for in a Devils/Rangers series

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by fivewide View Post
    Just came back from the garden. The most memorable games are usually torture most of the way. I still can't believe how annoyed I get at the Giants standing ovations when they put them on the screen. I do my part for jets nation and stand up and boo.
    I'll allow it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndbtp...bedded#t=2m40s

Justin Tuck was hilarious dancing after Staal's goal. Tuck is shown at around 2:40 into it.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Great Game awesome comeback and OT victory...This Is the Rangers Year I think.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I have no rooting interest in the NHL but it is great to see the Rangers and Devils doing well. Tonight's game was amazing.

I dont know who I will root for in a Devils/Rangers series
    That would be a great event - both teams are playing very well (but still have to finish their respective series). I, sure as ****, know who I'd be rooting for though.

I don't think I can stomach a Rangers Stanley Cup, but this Ranger team is more palatable than past incarnations - its a hard working, predominantly home grown team. You have to give credit where its due.

I said to my girlfriend, prior to the Rangers tying the game, 'This damn Rangers team reminds me of the Jets, god damn nail biting gameplay, they have to score, they just HAVE to score! They DON'T want to go back to Washington down 3 games to 2, they'll be toast!' I had my back to the TV until the final minute, I couldn't watch, and then I made myself watch ... THAT Goal with 6.6 seconds was some of the most exciting Hockey I've seen in years, and THEN the OT goal, without waiting thru 3 OT's, was even SWEETER

Jets Insider VIP
    That was insane. 6.6 seconds away from facing an elimination game on Wednesday, and about 100 seconds later gamewise they're up 3-2.

Awesome finish, but hopefully this builds momemtum for their powerplay because it has been awful this whole postseason.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rep View Post
    I'll allow it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndbtp...bedded#t=2m40s

Justin Tuck was hilarious dancing after Staal's goal. Tuck is shown at around 2:40 into it.
    It's interesting how the game has evolved and screening the goalie is so prevelent. Defenders want to get in front to block, but if they miss it it's usually disaster because the goalie can't see the puck.

Holtby was brilliant this game, better than the suprisingly shaky King, but Holtby didn't see the Staal puck until it was already by him. Awesome slowmo on the video you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Holtby was brilliant this game, better than the suprisingly shaky King, but Holtby didn't see the Staal puck until it was already by him. Awesome slowmo on the video you posted.
    I have to respectfully disagree here. Lundy made some amazing saves on odd man rushes to keep the rangers in this game. See the stop on Nic Backstrom with under 10 left. He barely got his jersey on it but it was enough to change the direction of the shot into the crossbar.

Theres a reason why the Caps are selling out on blocking a ton of shots. I have yet to see Holtby demonstrate consistent rebound control in this series.

The Rangers get themselves in trouble when they refuse to go to the front of the net. On this play you have Artie setting the screen. Holtby knew the shot was coming and may have been able to pick it up after the failed blocking attempts if Artie was not standing at the top of the crease.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree here. Lundy made some amazing saves on odd man rushes to keep the rangers in this game. See the stop on Nic Backstrom with under 10 left. He barely got his jersey on it but it was enough to change the direction of the shot into the crossbar.

Theres a reason why the Caps are selling out on blocking a ton of shots. I have yet to see Holtby demonstrate consistent rebound control in this series.

The Rangers get themselves in trouble when they refuse to go to the front of the net. On this play you have Artie setting the screen. Holtby knew the shot was coming and may have been able to pick it up after the failed blocking attempts if Artie was not standing at the top of the crease.
    I agree that there has been times in this series where Hank hasn't gotten much help from his teammates and has to make his usual brilliant saves, but I think this game was his worst of the postseason (although still better than most). It happens to the great ones.

Holtby has exceded expectations in my book so that's why I say he was brilliant although I agree with you on his achilles heal of rebound control. Of course, he's not as good as Hank although I think Holtby outplayed him in this particular game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    It's interesting how the game has evolved and screening the goalie is so prevelent. Defenders want to get in front to block, but if they miss it it's usually disaster because the goalie can't see the puck.

Yeah, Hank has been a bit shaky in the last 2 games. Especially with the glove hand.

But man, what an exhilarating win. Dale Hunter spoke as if it was "just a hockey game," but that has to do some damage to the psyche of the Caps players. At least I hope.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hockey Noob Question:

Are all these NBC network games non hd if you have Time Warner?

That is so ghey.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Yeah, Hank has been a bit shaky in the last 2 games. Especially with the glove hand.

But man, what an exhilarating win. Dale Hunter spoke as if it was "just a hockey game," but that has to do some damage to the psyche of the Caps players. At least I hope.
    That must have been absolutely brutal for Caps fans. That was the quintessential "stomach punch" game for them.

Athletes tend to rebound better than fans because they're in the middle of it, so in the begining I don't expect the Caps to show any ill effects. They rebounded nicely after that Triple Overtime loss. But I think if the Rangers can somehow get ahead early with a 2 goal lead then I don't think they can come back like the Senators did.