Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers(1) vs. Washington Capitals(7): Eastern Conference Semi-Finals

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Something that annoys me is it seems the Caps are putting shots on Henriks pads constantly while the Rangers are shooting wide of the net or 3 feet above the net.

Holtby lets up a lot of rebounds, even big rebounds. I saw it in the Bruins series. His downfall is going to be that and the fact that he will come far out of the crease a lot. The Rangers need to put more on net.
    Agreed....when you watch the game, the CAPS are outplaying us slightly.

I wouldnt necessarily say that the Caps are outplaying the Rangers but I will say that the Caps are (or appear to be) more willing to go to the high traffic areas in front of the net.

Most of the Rangers rushes are comprised of a high % shot in the circles which either goes on net and is controlled by the Caps defense or misses the net entirely and leads to an easy breakout for the Caps. There has been little to no second wave pressure applied by the Rangers offense after the initial shot.

It is no coincidence that both Rangers goals were scored inside the circles and below the hash marks. This is where the Rangers need to be if they are going to score. They only have a few guys who are skilled enough to score from outside the dots and above the circles.

Look at Gabby as a prime example. All series long he has kept the outside allowing himself to be cut off from the net by both the defenseman and center iceman. On two consecutive shifts in the 3rd OT he went to the high traffic areas. The first resulting on a shot dinged off the crossbar and the second resulting in a goal.

The Rangers offense needs to go to the front of the net and play below the hashmarks to generate scoring opportunities. Keeping it to the outside will not get it done.

Great game by Lundy and the defense last night. I love me some big mac!!! He kind of reminds me of Rafalski. A defensive stalwart on this team for years to come.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedy fried Toon View Post
    I wouldnt necessarily say that the Caps are outplaying the Rangers but I will say that the Caps are (or appear to be) more willing to go to the high traffic areas in front of the net.

Most of the Rangers rushes are comprised of a high % shot in the circles which either goes on net and is controlled by the Caps defense or misses the net entirely and leads to an easy breakout for the Caps. There has been little to no second wave pressure applied by the Rangers offense after the initial shot.

It is no coincidence that both Rangers goals were scored inside the circles and below the hash marks. This is where the Rangers need to be if they are going to score. They only have a few guys who are skilled enough to score from outside the dots and above the circles.

Look at Gabby as a prime example. All series long he has kept the outside allowing himself to be cut off from the net by both the defenseman and center iceman. On two consecutive shifts in the 3rd OT he went to the high traffic areas. The first resulting on a shot dinged off the crossbar and the second resulting in a goal.

The Rangers offense needs to go to the front of the net and play below the hashmarks to generate scoring opportunities. Keeping it to the outside will not get it done.

Great game by Lundy and the defense last night. I love me some big mac!!! He kind of reminds me of Rafalski. A defensive stalwart on this team for years to come.
    well written...well thought out. Hard to find fault with that.

Jets Insider VIP
    looking ahead to the Rangers winning the first shift on Saturday afternoon and then I'll start thinking about the second shift on Saturday afternoon

Jets Insider VIP
    Something that annoys me is it seems the Caps are putting shots on Henriks pads constantly while the Rangers are shooting wide of the net or 3 feet above the net.

Holtby lets up a lot of rebounds, even big rebounds. I saw it in the Bruins series. His downfall is going to be that and the fact that he will come far out of the crease a lot. The Rangers need to put more on net.
    The Rangers also need to start thinking about faking and then going around Holtby when he comes out that far. He's taking away the angle. Solution: make him pay for coming out.

Jets Insider VIP
    game four has begun

0-0 13 minutes to go in the first

Jets Insider VIP
    ARTIE ties it up at 1 in the second minute of the second

Jets Insider VIP
    well, that sucked

but we'll just have to kick their ass twice at THE WORLDS MOST FAMOUS ARENA

Jets Insider VIP
    My DVR malfunctioned.

Argh!

Just as well. I probably would have Stoudemire'd my hand.

All Pro
    Bought outrageously expensive tickets for game 7 on stubhub.

Hopefully we won't need it... But if we do, I'll be there.

All League
    The NYR said they were going to dump puck after puck at Holtby.
    17 shots in the 1st says they are following the plan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Woodall Rocks! View Post
    The NYR said they were going to dump puck after puck at Holtby.
    17 shots in the 1st says they are following the plan.
    perhaps REX predicted a victory.

GO RANGERS!

WOW...what a penalty kill. 2nd period. 13 minutes left.

WOWWWWWWW LET'S GO RANGERSSSSS!!!

And we start OT on PP!!!

All Pro
    ahhhhh holy ****

All League
    I'm not even a huge hockey fan but that was awesome

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Incredible!!

All Pro
    Latest the Rangers have tied a playoff game. Siiiiicccckkkk.

Lots of pressure but not lots of chances. Will be really tough to win this game.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Cliffs?
    6 on 4 with 6 seconds left. Richards scored on a scramble in front.

Fans cheered.

I nodded my head in approval (battling a bad cold, no voice)

6 on 4 with 6 seconds left. Richards scored on a scramble in front.

Fans cheered.

I nodded my head in approval (battling a bad cold, no voice)
    Lol!