Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jets target WR in round 2

I wouldn't mind a WR if we stand pat and not trade up, but I also really like Martin's value or Iloka. If say Jeffrey, Martin, and Iloka are all on the board when we pick where would the majority have us going?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4450328]That is so unfair--in his 2 years this guy was phenominal for the Jets--and THAT'S the real Mark Sanchez too (sorry about the music)

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5i9cmLcnUs[/url]

_[/QUOTE]

Seriously +1000

Braylon was our #1 guy that opened things up for our lesser receivers. Not only was he more talented than Holmes, he WANTED to be a Jet because he came from the black hole known as Clevland.

Our current set of receivers will look so much better if the O-Line does a much better job protecting Sanchez and opening up running lanes for our RBs.

We dont need a WR in Rd. 2. This can wait till Round 5 and later.
    We need a RT and OLB for Rounds 2 and 3.

Bobby Massie or Andre Branch in Rd 2 and Jonnathan Massaquoi or Kelechi Osemele in Round 3 please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OL in round 2, receiver in round 3 (Nick Toon).

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4450194]So true. You dont think defenses will stack 9 guys at the line with those WRs? Good luck being ground and pound with zero threat of passing the ball.[/QUOTE]

Why don't people understand this:eek:

[QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4450547]Why don't people understand this:eek:[/QUOTE]

Because I think you need a Right Tackle who doesn't completely suck terribly horribly pathetically for the passing game, too.

I'd like to see an OLB in the 2nd round and then LaMichael James in the 3rd!

[QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4450547]Why don't people understand this:eek:[/QUOTE]

Because Santonio and Braylon were just fine when Damien Woody was our RT and our running game didnt suck.

When you dont have a QB who can complete 60+% of passes and has a gun for an arm, you create an offense that is based on the run, short passes and occasional long ball to keep defenses honest. You need a top notch OL, good FB, and good blocking tight ends to succeed in that scheme, not star wide receivers.

Why dont people understand this:eek:

All League
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4450328]That is so unfair--in his 2 years this guy was phenominal for the Jets--and THAT'S the real Mark Sanchez too (sorry about the music)

_[/QUOTE]

WOW..Who is that guy throwing to Braylon?...He is pretty good..Tebow my ass..

Loved Braylon. I'm on record, hated Holmes and never wanted him OVER Braylon.

Bring back The Beard!

[QUOTE=kennyo7;4450609]Because Santonio and Braylon were just fine when Damien Woody was our RT and our running game didnt suck.

When you dont have a QB who can complete 60+% of passes and has a gun for an arm, you create an offense that is based on the run, short passes and occasional long ball to keep defenses honest. You need a top notch OL, good FB, and good blocking tight ends to succeed in that scheme, not star wide receivers.

Why dont people understand this:eek:[/QUOTE]

Star wide receivers? We're not getting a star wide receiver in the 2nd round. This is our last chance to get a starting caliber WR, and you need two of them to have an effective passing game. Santonio Holmes cannot anchor the receiving corps by himself. I never advocated trading up for Floyd and I never said to go out and spend big for a WR in free agency.

It's easy to plug and play veteran offensive linemen, and a couple of them are always available at the end of training camp. Hunter sucks, I don't want him starting at RT on opening day, but at least he is a starter (albeit a terrible one). You need 2 starting receivers on offense, we only have 1 right now. I love Braylon, but we have no idea how he will recover from his injury.

_[/QUOTE]

So capable of playing WR...yet so incapable of calling the car service and protecting his teammates riding with him..damn shame