Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official NFL Draft round 2 NYJETS***

Jets Insider VIP
    wow

even patsfans.com is stunned by the reach in the second round for UDFA quality Tavon Wilson...

but have no fear, patsfanken, robo729, guidowelkhead,PatsfanTX and patriotreign are preparing their assault on JI later to tell us how he was the UNDISPUTED STEAL OF THE DRAFT by Beli the Genius

Positive:Love Hill's size and speed. Huge plus that he is already a good blocker. Looks like a guy that can play and if his enthusiasm going across the stage translates to his enthusiasm on the field even better.

Negative: I tend to agree that with so many holes to fill Im not sure if I would have given up a 5th knowing we already had no 4th. At some point we have to be concerned with depth and every year we trade up. Was there such a difference between the next best Wr, RT, and Hill? Was he worth two potential players?

All League
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4451072]

Negative: I tend to agree that with so many holes to fill Im not sure if I would have given up a 5th knowing we already had no 4th. At some point we have to be concerned with depth and every year we trade up. Was there such a difference between the next best Wr, RT, and Hill. Was he worth two potential players?[/QUOTE]

+1...and stated better than I managed.

Jets Insider VIP
    we still have SIX more picks, cope

last year and the year before we didn't have a TOTAL of six picks

Veteran
    Think we should trade back into the 2nd for Adams or Massie?

All League
    Pass rush and points win rings now

Running game and lock down secondaries just can't cut it anymore in today's NFL when there arn't any traditional running backs anymore and when corners and safeties can't even look at WR's without a flag

All League
    [QUOTE=Nick Blitz;4451078]Think we should trade back into the 2nd for Adams or Massie?[/QUOTE]

Adam's is awful and I expect him to fall even further

Massie on the other hand would be great for us

No on Adams. Yes on Massie. Would be an amazing first 3 rounds.

[QUOTE=sg3;4451070]wow

even patsfans.com is stunned by the reach in the second round for UDFA quality Tavon Wilson...

but have no fear, patsfanken, robo729, guidowelkhead,PatsfanTX and patriotreign are preparing their assault on JI later to tell us how he was the UNDISPUTED STEAL OF THE DRAFT by Beli the Genius[/QUOTE]

Actually Skippy, I hate this pick almost as much as I love yesterdays picks. Really a reach and a wtf moment. Not like he wouldn't have still been available when our next 2nd round pick rolls around.

[QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4451090]Actually Skippy, I hate this pick almost as much as I love yesterdays picks. Really a reach and a wtf moment. Not like he wouldn't have still been available when our next 2nd pick rolls around.[/QUOTE]

Understood. Headscratcher on epic levels...

[QUOTE=Nick Blitz;4451078]Think we should trade back into the 2nd for Adams or Massie?[/QUOTE]

You can't trade compensatory picks

btw..the hats these guys get when they go on stage are awful

All League
    Is it just me or could we really get lucky and have a starting quality Tackle fall to us.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Wallace Wright;4451089]No on Adams. Yes on Massie. Would be an amazing first 3 rounds.[/QUOTE]

Coples, Hill, and Massie?

Hell yeah

I can live with Thomas and Pace at OLB and Leonhard at FS for another year after adding those three guys.

People need to understand that we aren't going to address every single need in this draft.

[QUOTE=copernicus;4451072]Positive:Love Hill's size and speed. Huge plus that he is already a good blocker. Looks like a guy that can play and if his enthusiasm going across the stage translates to his enthusiasm on the field even better.

Negative: I tend to agree that with so many holes to fill Im not sure if I would have given up a 5th knowing we already had no 4th. At some point we have to be concerned with depth and every year we trade up. Was there such a difference between the next best Wr, RT, and Hill? Was he worth two potential players?[/QUOTE]

In terms of what the Jets wanted for their new offense, I think Hill fit perfectly. The days of the dink and dunk Schottenheimer days are over and Sparano wants to run and go deep. There is probably no better combination of blocking (For the run) and going deep than Hill. In Schotty's offense he would probably take a year or so to be productive but in this offense I think he can step right in.

Don't like giving up the 5th either but its not like Jeffrey or Sanu (the WRs people wanted) were capable of being a deep threat.

Barry Sanders.My all time fav player (non Jet)

[QUOTE=sg3;4451077]we still have SIX more picks, cope

last year and the year before we didn't have a TOTAL of six picks[/QUOTE]

Yes, totally agree but the chances of landing a productive player in the 4th and 5th rounds seems more realistic than after the 6th.

Your post speaks volume:"last year and the year before we didn't have a TOTAL of six picks." At some point this is gonna catch up to this team and Im not sure if this is the year you move up in a draft that seems so deep.

Again, Hill seems like a good choice.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=nycuse;4451093]You can't trade compensatory picks[/QUOTE]

Can trade next years picks though.

[QUOTE=revischrist;4451103]In terms of what the Jets wanted for their new offense, I think Hill fit perfectly. The days of the dink and dunk Schottenheimer days are over and Sparano wants to run and go deep. There is probably no better combination of blocking (For the run) and going deep than Hill. In Schotty's offense he would probably take a year or so to be productive but in this offense I think he can step right in.

Don't like giving up the 5th either but its not like Jeffrey or Sanu (the WRs people wanted) were capable of being a deep threat.[/QUOTE]

Schitty would have him run 4 yard curl routes:D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=IHATEDOLPHINS;4451095]btw..the hats these guys get when they go on stage are awful[/QUOTE]

and you can buy one of those fugly things from Nike for only 59.50 a cap...

I wouldn't pay the 50 cents for one