Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: ***Official NFL Draft round 2 NYJETS***

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RIJetFan;4451556]Schlegal was slow as molasses and from a huge program. The guy is fast and from a small school. Other than both being LBs not sure what the similarities are.[/QUOTE]

Not comparing them as players. Just reminded me of a coaching staff falling in love with a guy, and picking him far higher than he was projected to go.

Don't dislike Davis as a player, but think the Jets picked him too high. Probably could have moved down, added an extra pick, and still picked him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=auctionking;4451561]6 drops compared to 28 catches last year is a case of very bad hands,can not run pro routes,cannt catch the ball . Only in Jets land is this a great draft.[/QUOTE]

This guy should have gone higher this is a good pick. I call it like I see it ive seen this kid play he is raw but his talent level is near the top. This guy has a higher ceiling then Mike Floyd his problem lack of experience. I never said this was a great draft because the coples pick ruined it.
    Davis is another great pick the guy is a smaller version of ingram this guy is fast athletic and hits hard he has a motor and gets to the QB this guy should replace Thomas and complement Maybin. we would not had to pick him if the Jets draft ingram but it didnt happen Davis should have gone higher. I give this draft a B so far coples is a risk that I think will end up hurting Rex the other 2 picks have star potential.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4451582]Please apply for Mr.T's job. It is apparent that he does not have your ability in assessing NFL talent. Which team did you say you are the GM for?[/QUOTE]

LMFAO!!!!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Digetydog;4451553]I think most of us are angry because it means we are probably stuck with Blad and Hunter for another year. That pick wasted on Tebow sure would be nice right now.[/QUOTE] Tebow could be the best player out of this draft... especially after Sanchez is knocked out with Hunter and Vlad not protecting him

Steelers build a line with DeCastro and Adams and we flip a coin, hope we win but the odds are not good

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Refuel;4451592]Maybe? Ask again after the season.

[B]Honestly, there's a big difference between picking a guy in the 2nd round that most thought wouldn't even get drafted and drafting a guy in the 3rd round that most project would go in the 4th or 5th round.[/B]

Again, compare the Bruce Irvin pick with some or all of those draft projections. Maybe it's a good pick, maybe a terrible pick, but one thing we know now is that Seattle wasn't the only team in the first round ready to make that move -- and that's a guy who almost nobody project would go in the first round.

Who knows who else was ready to pull the trigger on Demario Davis?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this. Jets had no pick til late tomorrow. This kid would have been gone. If they wanted him, they had to get him now. Could have traded down, sure...but who knows what the market was for dealing the pick. Point being His tape looks pretty friggin strong. Let's wait and see shall we?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJ0815;4451606]Let's wait and see shall we?[/QUOTE]

I don't have much of a choice, eh?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's funny watching some of you ***** and moan crying why we didn't select a OT.

Do any of you think Massie or any of the OT's available in this round are more deserving than the potential of Ducasse, or even the other kid, Howard?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4451580]What about a switch to Safety this kid has speed and hits like a truck.[/QUOTE]

ST/backup linebacker this year, Bart Scotts replacement next year inside next to Harris maybe?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4451609]It's funny watching some of you ***** and moan crying why we didn't select a OT.

Do any of you think Massie or any of the OT's available in this round are more deserving than the potential of Ducasse, or even the other kid, Howard?[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes I do...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4451608]I don't have much of a choice, eh?[/QUOTE]

Well you could join the gloom and doomers on the ledge, but I wouldn't advise that ;)

I hated last year's draft and I'm a big fan of this one. Lots of upside with each pick.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=auctionking;4451561]6 drops compared to 28 catches last year is a case of very bad hands,can not run pro routes,cannt catch the ball . Only in Jets land is this a great draft.[/QUOTE]

I'm not discounting the drops but they didn't run pro routes so saying he can't is not doing him justice. He's a raw player who could be a #1 WR in this league. He wasn't a reach, was a Jets need and has all the numbers. 6' 4" with that speed is enticing just needs polish.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sanchise;4451496][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=insE7hE_Czs[/url]

ran a 4.5 and it shows. plays fast and lays huge hits. loving the pick even thought i prefer Massie[/QUOTE]

Never watched him play, he looks like a more powerful Jonathan Vilma, which I mean as a compliment.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Refuel;4451574]I think that opinion is just a little bit extreme.

I like all of their picks so far. I like the Demario Davis selection a lot actually now that I've had a chance to look into it, although I would've felt more comfortable grabbing a good OT while they had the chance. People are criticizing these picks for being boom or bust, but I think the Jets are picking guys that really epitomize what Rex and Tanny consider to be "Play Like a Jet" guys.

Here's hoping there's still one of those left that plays tackle when the Jets make their next selection.[/QUOTE]

I agree with your statements. I also want to add that REX & T have seen Hunter and Vlad up close and know what their abilities are. Last year VLAD did not have OTA's to help train him and get him ready. He will this year and Sparano is a OL guru. If he feels he has something in Vlad and/or Hunter maybe we should stop worrying about us not drafting an OT so far. They also have that big guy at OT that they love: AUSTIN HOWARD. We also have DENNIS LANDOLT from Penn State. Rex saw something in him last year in camp. I think since we see no sense of urgency from the Jets regarding the RT position, they might have faith in one of their players currently on the roster.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4451612]Yes, yes I do...[/QUOTE]

Based on what?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JV51;4451564]Line him up next to hitman harris.. :yes:[/QUOTE]

I dont think we would see Welker survive running that pivot route in there. :D

This place is never dull, if Hill had been drafted by the Pasts, Jets fans would be saying how Revis is gonna have to defend Hill, blah blah blah.

But cause we drafted him, he has bust potential and will drop balls. Christ.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4451623]Based on what?[/QUOTE]

My eyeballs...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait a minute? We picked a tackle called Austin Howard? What do we know about this guy?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJ0815;4451616]Well you could join the gloom and doomers on the ledge, but I wouldn't advise that ;)

I hated last year's draft and I'm a big fan of this one. Lots of upside with each pick.[/QUOTE]

I love Hill... I'm tempered on Coples and not a fan of this one. I'm more homer than not, just know we have a QB that will struggle under duress...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4451609]It's funny watching some of you ***** and moan crying why we didn't select a OT.

Do any of you think Massie or any of the OT's available in this round are more deserving than the potential of Ducasse, or even the other kid, Howard?[/QUOTE]

Yes

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JETFAN1;4451617]I'm not discounting the drops but they didn't run pro routes so saying he can't is not doing him justice. He's a raw player who could be a #1 WR in this league. He wasn't a reach, was a Jets need and has all the numbers. 6' 4" with that speed is enticing just needs polish.[/QUOTE]

Trying to reason with some of these DOOM and GLOOMERS is a hard thing to do. I do not envy you but I agree with what you said about HILL. I am glad he is a JET!