Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: ***Official NFL Draft round 2 NYJETS***

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4451582]Please apply for Mr.T's job. It is apparent that he does not have your ability in assessing NFL talent. Which team did you say you are the GM for?[/QUOTE] Ok, in your world the professionals always get it right, but then why do UDFA's make the pro bowl, did the experts make a mistake? Brady in the 6th, Montana in the 3rd, not hard to do better then 50% (flip a coin)

GM's for the Jets did a great job picking Marino, Sap, Reed... oh wait

Go Jets!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4451627]Wait a minute? We picked a tackle called Austin Howard? What do we know about this guy?[/QUOTE]

He was picked up by the Jets last year! He is 6ft 8 and 333. We will see what we have in him in camp!

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4451634]Trying to reason with some of these DOOM and GLOOMERS is a hard thing to do. I do not envy you but I agree with what you said about HILL. I am glad he is a JET![/QUOTE] and we agree on Hill, great pick in the 2nd

Rookie
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4451629]I love Hill... I'm tempered on Coples and not a fan of this one. I'm more homer than not, just know we have a QB that will struggle under duress...[/QUOTE]

Granted, but I think there WILL be OTs that are available in June and after cutdowns. We can probably find a few Undrafted FAs to bring in too...there's plenty of time for that. Big thing for me is that we're adding speed to the D, and that's something we've all been begging for. I like what I'm seeing thus far.

[QUOTE=NYJ0815;4451646]Granted, but I think there WILL be OTs that are available in June and after cutdowns. We can probably find a few Undrafted FAs to bring in too...there's plenty of time for that. Big thing for me is that we're adding speed to the D, and that's something we've all been begging for. I like what I'm seeing thus far.[/QUOTE]

Burfict comes to mind LB depth and special teams lunatic.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ohio State NY Jets fan;4451635]Ok, in your world the professionals always get it right, but then why do UDFA's make the pro bowl, did the experts make a mistake? Brady in the 6th, Montana in the 3rd, not hard to do better then 50% (flip a coin)

GM's for the Jets did a great job picking Marino, Sap, Reed... oh wait

Go Jets![/QUOTE]

No the PROS do not get every pick correct. They are human and humans makes mistakes unless they are chosing in hindsight like most fans! But at least the pros wait until the pick gets an opportunity to play a few years before dissing him. Fans like you think that your knowledge is based on facts but you do not have all the facts. I'd rather give REX RYAN choices a chance then yours. Nothing personal but what experience do you have in picking NFL personnel?

[QUOTE=NYJ0815;4451646]Granted, but I think there WILL be OTs that are available in June and after cutdowns. We can probably find a few Undrafted FAs to bring in too...there's plenty of time for that. Big thing for me is that we're adding speed to the D, and that's something we've all been begging for. I like what I'm seeing thus far.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough...

I'm very happy with the draft thus far. Granted, a big ol' tackle would've been nice, but this LB looks like a player who can be a real asset. Shooting the defense with an injection of youth and speed is always a good thing.

REALLY excited to see what Stephen Hill can do. He was one of my favorite WR prospects, even thought the Jets could do well to trade down in the first and grab him there. Pretty awesome that we got a potential beast of a defensive lineman and a potential stud at WR to boot -- keyword being "potential."

Where are we going in the sixth round? It's gotta be OT & S, right?

All League
    Weird how Massie still is available going into Day 3. Clearly a 1st round talent Tanny missed on...

[QUOTE=rep;4451672]Weird how Massie still is available going into Day 3. Clearly a 1st round talent Tanny missed on...[/QUOTE]

Tanny and everybody else. :confused:

[QUOTE=rep;4451672]Weird how Massie still is available going into Day 3. Clearly a 1st round talent Tanny missed on...[/QUOTE]

I won't lie... I'm puzzled...

Can't wait to hear the reason...

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4451625]My eyeballs...[/QUOTE]

Cool story, bro.

I'm not suggesting this but a couple of people brought up the possibility that they might be thinking of Davis as a Safety. He is fast and seems to hit like a ton of bricks. Can he cover? Is it a really bad idea to totally switch positions like that? I must confess that I'm intrigued by the possibility. This wasn't a great draft for that position and maybe they're trying and end run?

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4451656]Burfict comes to mind LB depth and special teams lunatic.[/QUOTE]

He is slow as shlt and is out of shape.

Veteran
    Man, those highlight videos make Davis seem like a heat seeking missile!

Reminds me of Rey Maualuga's USC days.
    Just the way he arrives with violence.

Give him a couple professional off seasons to put on some good weight and he'll be playing at 250+.
    Last edited by chops44; 04-27-2012 at 11:16 PM.

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4451723]He is slow as shlt and is out of shape.[/QUOTE]

Brings some snot to team LB depth, special teams animal.

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4451659]No the PROS do not get every pick correct. They are human and humans makes mistakes unless they are chosing in hindsight like most fans! But at least the pros wait until the pick gets an opportunity to play a few years before dissing him. Fans like you think that your knowledge is based on facts but you do not have all the facts. I'd rather give REX RYAN choices a chance then yours. Nothing personal but what experience do you have in picking NFL personnel?[/QUOTE] I hope T-Rex is right, and I am not looking in hindsight, just not happy about the high risk picks in the 2012 draft (it is possible my view is correct, just like the fans of past drafts)

I do not think this team needed to take big chances but it is just my opinion (I admit Rex and Tanny are more qualified and it not personal just a healthy discussion)

In my post I said I liked the Chargers draft for the Jets needs
    Melvin Ingram OLB
    Kendall Reyes DT
    Brandon Taylor SS

It it that crazy to think these three guys are a better fit?
    Last edited by Ohio State NY Jets fan; 04-27-2012 at 11:26 PM.

[QUOTE=skipper;4451715]I'm not suggesting this but a couple of people brought up the possibility that they might be thinking of Davis as a Safety. He is fast and seems to hit like a ton of bricks. Can he cover? Is it a really bad idea to totally switch positions like that? I must confess that I'm intrigued by the possibility. This wasn't a great draft for that position and maybe they're trying and end run?[/QUOTE]

Jenny Vrentas ‏ @JennyVrentas

Davis will play inside linebacker and team sees him in sub packages. Bradway adds that Jets improved team speed today. #nyj
    1h

Terry Bradway says Davis can run, hit, cover tight ends and was one of Westhoff's top-rated ST players

For what it's worth, nfldraftscout.com had him going in the 3rd (as high as the middle of the 2nd round, as low as the 4th) and ranked him the 9th best OLB.

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4451627]Wait a minute? We picked a tackle called Austin Howard? What do we know about this guy?[/QUOTE]

Jets signed him off the Ravens practice squad last Oct/Nov....Started a few games for the Eagles in '10..Was a TE his first couple of seasons in college and converted to OT..Big guy 6'8" 330+

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Refuel;4451760]Jenny Vrentas ‏ @JennyVrentas

Davis will play inside linebacker and team sees him in sub packages. Bradway adds that Jets improved team speed today. #nyj
    1h

Terry Bradway says Davis can run, hit, cover tight ends and was one of Westhoff's top-rated ST players

For what it's worth, nfldraftscout.com had him going in the 3rd (as high as the middle of the 2nd round, as low as the 4th) and ranked him the 9th best OLB.[/QUOTE]

I like the pick, but don't like Westhoff having input in the draft.