Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official NFL Draft round 2 NYJETS***

***Official NFL Draft round 2 NYJETS***

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We pick at #15 in round 2, if Courtney Upshaw is still available I think it would be a good pick.

He may be the best player available (and i won't shed any tears if we get him), but at some point you have to give Sanchez some help. Since 2007 we have had 7 first round picks and aside from Taking sanchez the only offensive player we have taken is Keller and we have a defensive head coach.

I would take any of the highly rated offensive tackles remaining or one of the WRs/RBs. I would even be ok with Fleener and run a patriots style 2 TE offense.

Will be happy if we leave with one (or two) of:

OLB Upshaw
    OLB Branch
    OLB Curry
    WR Hill
    WR Jeffery
    WR Randle
    OL Massie
    OL Glenn
    OL Martin
    OL Silatolu
    RB Miller

Any of them would help us significantly.

Jets Insider VIP
    who'd we take??

dammit I hate the pick

your truly

rextilleon

[QUOTE=Wallace Wright;4450344]Will be happy if we leave with one (or two) of:

OLB Upshaw
    OLB Branch
    OLB Curry
    WR Hill
    WR Jeffery
    WR Randle
    OL Massie
    OL Glenn
    OL Martin
    OL Silatolu
    RB Miller

Any of them would help us significantly.[/QUOTE]

No thanks on Branch, Miller, or Massie. Just don't think they will prove to be good players in the NFL. My actual prediction is that they all bust.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;4450350]No thanks on Branch, Miller, or Massie. Just don't think they will prove to be good players in the NFL. My actual prediction is that they all bust.[/QUOTE]

Understandable on Branch and Miller, but curious as to why you think Massie will bust?

[QUOTE=Wallace Wright;4450344]Will be happy if we leave with one (or two) of:

OLB Upshaw
    OLB Branch
    OLB Curry
    WR Hill
    WR Jeffery
    WR Randle
    OL Massie
    OL Glenn
    OL Martin
    OL Silatolu
    RB Miller

Any of them would help us significantly.[/QUOTE]

I like this list but would also add Zach Brown to it

tough decision. we know rex is defense oriented and it isn't so hard to see him going defense this draft. the jets still need some defensive skill positions like lb and safety but at the same time the whole ground and pound concept will require a very good offensive line. imo hunter wasn't quite as bad as he's made out to be but that's not saying that the jets shouldn't pick up some oline beef if given the chance just for depth. and very good oline play will help the defense by keeping them off the field.

obviously we'll see. i'm sure tanny and rex have some free agents targeted once the draft is over and the training camp cuts start.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I'd be happy with Hill, Jeffery, or Glenn. We absolutely must get more talent on the offensive side of the ball, any of those three would be fine picks.
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 04-27-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Hill Jeffrey or Randle, we need one of them. Big WRs with deceptive speed.

Just want to say this: They brought up Coples on the Skip Bayless Show AKA First Take.

THe one guy who said the pick was good: Eric Mangini. Think about that.

Here's the link

[url]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7862292&categoryid=2378529[/url]

Veteran
    I see the Jets going WR - there are some great ones left . . .

Easier to get role-players at LB a bit lower. But if Upshaw is there - it'll be tough.

Jets Insider VIP
    sad that the moderating lady whomever she was sounded way more knowledgeable than Idiot Skip

What time does round 2 start?

Jets Insider VIP
    I think you should know this Mr Official JI Thread Starter!!!:):):)

7 PM EST

Would love if we got Jeffrey.

[QUOTE=sg3;4450398]I think you should know this Mr Official JI Thread Starter!!!:):):)

7 PM EST[/QUOTE]

I wasnt sure and didnt want post the wrong time. Thanks :)

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4450367]Just want to say this: They brought up Coples on the Skip Bayless Show AKA First Take.

THe one guy who said the pick was good: Eric Mangini. Think about that.

Here's the link

[url]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7862292&categoryid=2378529[/url][/QUOTE]

Part of the truth we all know is that the Jets get beat on by the media.

Jets pick Chandler Jones or Bruce Irvins - can you imagine?
    Pats pick Coples - everyone would call it the steal of the draft . . .

It's tiresome . . .

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4450314]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We pick at #15 in round 2, if Courtney Upshaw is still available I think it would be a good pick.[/QUOTE]

My one quote and promise. If the jets do not address the RT position today it will be the last year of Rex Ryan/Tannys time here running this team. It would be a complete mockery of building a team to let your Qb get killed a second year in a row.

All League
    Best Available Offensive Player