Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 641

Thread: ***Official NFL Draft round 2 NYJETS***

  1. #21
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,686
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    My one quote and promise. If the jets do not address the RT position today it will be the last year of Rex Ryan/Tannys time here running this team. It would be a complete mockery of building a team to let your Qb get killed a second year in a row.
    The fact that they were going to draft DeCastro if Coples and Irvin were not there shows that they are aware of the O-line problems

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,495
    the more i think about tonight the more i wonder if they go offense 2x. wr depth is such they can take a lineman in the 2nd and a wr in the 3rd, but a guy like randle would really help the offense. as long as they draft good players i'll be happy. there are so many whining about filling this need or that need. the best teams draft good players and let those guys win games. then you fill the remaining needs around them. and over time you wind up with fewer needs since your goal is to draft good players rather than draft positions.

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,686
    As we suspected, Melvin Ingram's short arms were they key in the Jets being turned off by him. From Glauber:

    Lot of Jets fans preferred Melvin Ingram over Quinton Coples. Team had some concerns about Ingram's short arms, which could limit pass rush.

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    As we suspected, Melvin Ingram's short arms were they key in the Jets being turned off by him. From Glauber:

    Lot of Jets fans preferred Melvin Ingram over Quinton Coples. Team had some concerns about Ingram's short arms, which could limit pass rush.
    it's not just the jets. there's a reason the best pass rushers look like jpp. the giants are the best team in drafting pass rushers and they all have the same build. nothing like ingram.

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,686
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    it's not just the jets. there's a reason the best pass rushers look like jpp. the giants are the best team in drafting pass rushers and they all have the same build. nothing like ingram.
    Yes. We should create two separate threads. One for the whiners and one for the people who are willing to use their heads.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,656
    Rex coming up on ESPN........

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,686
    That's two.

    Bruschi and Mangini supported the pick

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    That's two.

    Bruschi and Mangini supported the pick
    Herm is bitter towards the NYJETS.

  9. #29
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    That's two.

    Bruschi and Mangini supported the pick
    wow, bruschi too. what did he say?

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,686
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    wow, bruschi too. what did he say?
    He said that Coples is going to one of the most passionate coaches in the NFL and that will get him to where he was in his junior year

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,686
    Rex on NFL Network said that Mike sent him down to UNC to scout Coples and that the pick in the war room was "unanimous"

  12. #32
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    That's two.

    Bruschi and Mangini supported the pick
    All these guys who were saying how great a talent evaluator Mangini is just got egg on their face.

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,686
    Rex citing coach changes after junior year and switching from right end to left end as reasons that Coples got off to a slow start in his senior year. Also said what I said before that 7.5 sacks in an off year is still 7.5 sacks

  14. #34
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Rex citing coach changes after junior year and switching from right end to left end as reasons that Coples got off to a slow start in his senior year. Also said what I said before that 7.5 sacks in an off year is still 7.5 sacks
    If Coples manages 7.5 sacks in his rookie year I'd call that a success.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Part of the truth we all know is that the Jets get beat on by the media.

    Jets pick Chandler Jones or Bruce Irvins - can you imagine?
    Pats pick Coples - everyone would call it the steal of the draft . . .

    It's tiresome . . .
    You know, I don't ordinarily pile on the Patriots, but there's a lot of truth to this statement. I'm still waiting for all the talking-heads to apologize for telling us over and over and over again what a brilliant, shrewd, genius move it was picking up Albert Haynesworth and Chad Ochocinco.

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,114
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Part of the truth we all know is that the Jets get beat on by the media.

    Jets pick Chandler Jones or Bruce Irvins - can you imagine?
    Pats pick Coples - everyone would call it the steal of the draft . . .

    It's tiresome . . .
    lol so true...i can see it now...YOU KNOW BB CAN GET THIS GUY TO PLAY HARD

  17. #37
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,263
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    who'd we take??

    dammit I hate the pick

    your truly

    rextilleon
    LOL, got to love the expert opinions this board has seen in the last 24 hours... Let the dust settle and see what holes have been filled come Saturday night.

    So far a back up QB with game experience and a pass rusher has been added this off season.

  18. #38
    Could Glenn now that he went.home be there at our pick?????

  19. #39

    mean spirited but funny

    Sanu pranked...lol
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/N...aft-day-042712

    UPDATED APR 27, 2012 2:01 PM ET

    Rutgers wideout Mohamed Sanu thought he was receiving the phone call he dreamed about his whole life during the NFL Draft only to find out he was the victim of a cruel prank.
    The Rutgers wide receiver was watching Thursday night's first round closely when his phone rang and the voice on the other end, claiming to be from the Bengals, told him the team was about to select him with the 27th pick, SI.com reported Friday.
    Sanu's agent, Mike McCartney, immediately tweeted the news as the 22-year-old receiver projected as a second- or third-round pick began celebrating with family and friends.
    But the party came to an abrupt halt as NFL commissioner Roger Goodell stepped to the podium at New York's Radio City Music Hall and announced Cincinnati had selected Wisconsin guard Kevin Zeitler.
    "This is a great kid, I guarantee you, and someone played a cruel joke on him," McCartney told SI.com. "It is unreal that someone would do that, but it happened."
    The Rutgers' star appeared to be taking the mean-spirited prank in stride Friday, writing on Twitter, "Thank God for giving me another day and another opportunity to chase my dream ... #thankfulandblessed."
    Sanu's fortunes are expected to turn around quickly with the second and third rounds getting underway Friday night at 7 p.m. ET.

  20. #40
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,686
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    LOL, got to love the expert opinions this board has seen in the last 24 hours... Let the dust settle and see what holes have been filled come Saturday night.

    So far a back up QB with game experience and a pass rusher has been added this off season.
    Laron Landry?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us