Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official NFL Draft round 2 NYJETS***

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=KR;4450409]My one quote and promise. If the jets do not address the RT position today it will be the last year of Rex Ryan/Tannys time here running this team. It would be a complete mockery of building a team to let your Qb get killed a second year in a row.[/QUOTE]

The fact that they were going to draft DeCastro if Coples and Irvin were not there shows that they are aware of the O-line problems

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the more i think about tonight the more i wonder if they go offense 2x. wr depth is such they can take a lineman in the 2nd and a wr in the 3rd, but a guy like randle would really help the offense. as long as they draft good players i'll be happy. there are so many whining about filling this need or that need. the best teams draft good players and let those guys win games. then you fill the remaining needs around them. and over time you wind up with fewer needs since your goal is to draft good players rather than draft positions.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As we suspected, Melvin Ingram's short arms were they key in the Jets being turned off by him. From Glauber:

Lot of Jets fans preferred Melvin Ingram over Quinton Coples. Team had some concerns about Ingram's short arms, which could limit pass rush.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4450435]As we suspected, Melvin Ingram's short arms were they key in the Jets being turned off by him. From Glauber:

Lot of Jets fans preferred Melvin Ingram over Quinton Coples. Team had some concerns about Ingram's short arms, which could limit pass rush.[/QUOTE]

it's not just the jets. there's a reason the best pass rushers look like jpp. the giants are the best team in drafting pass rushers and they all have the same build. nothing like ingram.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4450440]it's not just the jets. there's a reason the best pass rushers look like jpp. the giants are the best team in drafting pass rushers and they all have the same build. nothing like ingram.[/QUOTE]

Yes. We should create two separate threads. One for the whiners and one for the people who are willing to use their heads.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex coming up on ESPN........

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's two.

Bruschi and Mangini supported the pick

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4450473]That's two.

Bruschi and Mangini supported the pick[/QUOTE]

Herm is bitter towards the NYJETS.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

wow, bruschi too. what did he say?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4450477]wow, bruschi too. what did he say?[/QUOTE]

He said that Coples is going to one of the most passionate coaches in the NFL and that will get him to where he was in his junior year

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex on NFL Network said that Mike sent him down to UNC to scout Coples and that the pick in the war room was "unanimous"

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

All these guys who were saying how great a talent evaluator Mangini is just got egg on their face.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex citing coach changes after junior year and switching from right end to left end as reasons that Coples got off to a slow start in his senior year. Also said what I said before that 7.5 sacks in an off year is still 7.5 sacks

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4450491]Rex citing coach changes after junior year and switching from right end to left end as reasons that Coples got off to a slow start in his senior year. Also said what I said before that 7.5 sacks in an off year is still 7.5 sacks[/QUOTE]

If Coples manages 7.5 sacks in his rookie year I'd call that a success.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=adpz;4450407]Part of the truth we all know is that the Jets get beat on by the media.

Jets pick Chandler Jones or Bruce Irvins - can you imagine?
    Pats pick Coples - everyone would call it the steal of the draft . . .

It's tiresome . . .[/QUOTE]

You know, I don't ordinarily pile on the Patriots, but there's a lot of truth to this statement. I'm still waiting for all the talking-heads to apologize for telling us over and over and over again what a brilliant, shrewd, genius move it was picking up Albert Haynesworth and Chad Ochocinco.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=adpz;4450407]Part of the truth we all know is that the Jets get beat on by the media.

Jets pick Chandler Jones or Bruce Irvins - can you imagine?
    Pats pick Coples - everyone would call it the steal of the draft . . .

It's tiresome . . .[/QUOTE]

lol so true...i can see it now...YOU KNOW BB CAN GET THIS GUY TO PLAY HARD

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4450347]who'd we take??

dammit I hate the pick

your truly

rextilleon[/QUOTE]

LOL, got to love the expert opinions this board has seen in the last 24 hours... Let the dust settle and see what holes have been filled come Saturday night.

So far a back up QB with game experience and a pass rusher has been added this off season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could Glenn now that he went.home be there at our pick?????

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

mean spirited but funny

Sanu pranked...lol
    [url]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-hopeful-Rutgers-Mohamed-Sanu-pranked-on-draft-day-042712[/url]

[QUOTE]UPDATED APR 27, 2012 2:01 PM ET

Rutgers wideout Mohamed Sanu thought he was receiving the phone call he dreamed about his whole life during the NFL Draft only to find out he was the victim of a cruel prank.
    The Rutgers wide receiver was watching Thursday night's first round closely when his phone rang and the voice on the other end, claiming to be from the Bengals, told him the team was about to select him with the 27th pick, SI.com reported Friday.
    Sanu's agent, Mike McCartney, immediately tweeted the news as the 22-year-old receiver projected as a second- or third-round pick began celebrating with family and friends.
    But the party came to an abrupt halt as NFL commissioner Roger Goodell stepped to the podium at New York's Radio City Music Hall and announced Cincinnati had selected Wisconsin guard Kevin Zeitler.
    "This is a great kid, I guarantee you, and someone played a cruel joke on him," McCartney told SI.com. "It is unreal that someone would do that, but it happened."
    The Rutgers' star appeared to be taking the mean-spirited prank in stride Friday, writing on Twitter, "Thank God for giving me another day and another opportunity to chase my dream ... #thankfulandblessed."
    Sanu's fortunes are expected to turn around quickly with the second and third rounds getting underway Friday night at 7 p.m. ET.
    [/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4450565]LOL, got to love the expert opinions this board has seen in the last 24 hours... Let the dust settle and see what holes have been filled come Saturday night.

So far a back up QB with game experience and a pass rusher has been added this off season.[/QUOTE]

Laron Landry?