Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye, bye Braylon?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jet22dan;4450961]Great pick!! Just teach hill to block and he'll be as good or better than brayon ever was!!![/QUOTE]
    Hill is an excellent blocker. That's one of his skill sets.

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4450934]Does the pick of Hill eliminate the possibility of bringing Edwards back? What do you think?[/QUOTE]

Braylon, Live long and prosper. May the force be with you.

[QUOTE=Dcat;4453020]Braylon, Live long and prosper. May the force be with you.[/QUOTE]

I've always known that Spock would make a good Jedi Master.

It's bad enough we have Holmes as a mentor why would we bring back Braylon?

[QUOTE=Vin;4452860]To put a capper on this thread :

Yes. I'd say this is the Jets Unwise decision to bid Adieu to Mr. Edwards which is sad because of how effective he helped the Jets offense to be in 2010.

And considering that Hill will get the start, It's a done deal that Braylon won't be coming back unless it's under a cheap 1-year deal.

Plus, another thing to consider :

Perhaps he still hasn't fully recovered from his surgery yet.....So the Jets Brass weren't taking any chances, I guess.

Oh well.....Here's hoping that Hill can bring at least CLOSE to the same impact Braylon did 'cause you know that opposing teams are going to double and triple-team Primadonna-man and dare the rookie to beat them in the secondary.[/QUOTE]

I usually agree with you but hope you are wrong on this. Jets still need BE.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4453095]It's bad enough we have Holmes as a mentor why would we bring back Braylon?[/QUOTE]

If you believe for one second that Holmes would be a "mentor" to Hill, I've got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. :rolleyes:

Holmes pitched a hissy fit with his Agent to make sure Braylon didn't come back last year. You'd think he want to teach someone else the position he plays so he can outshine him like Braylon did?

I think not.

Braylon wouldn't be a mentor either but he seems to be the type of guy who wouldn't mind offering a few tips to a young rook every now and then.

But all of this is moot now....

Jets Insider VIP
    According to Steiny on twitter, Jordan White was given #17 by the Jets. Not a good sign if they plan to bring back Braylon.

Hoping to see an article in the future about a healthy Edwards buying back his number.

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4450934]Does the pick of Hill eliminate the possibility of bringing Edwards back? What do you think?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely

[QUOTE=crossfire;4455942]According to Steiny on twitter, Jordan White was given #17 by the Jets. Not a good sign if they plan to bring back Braylon.

Hoping to see an article in the future about a healthy Edwards buying back his number.[/QUOTE]

With the moves they have made this off season, I don't believe they have any intention of bringing Braylon back.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=crossfire;4455942]According to Steiny on twitter, Jordan White was given #17 by the Jets. Not a good sign if they plan to bring back Braylon.

Hoping to see an article in the future about a healthy Edwards buying back his number.[/QUOTE]

No number on him yet on the Jet site.. If Dedrick Epps don't make the cut in camp White can get 83 his college number..

Veteran
    Is it too late to cut Holmes and sign Braylon? Our offense was really clicking in 2010 until Holmes got off suspension and marks tarted forcing the ball to this over rated bum.

Once camp opens Rex will see what hes got. Other than Holmes and Kerley hes got Schillens,Turner and a bunch of rookies. Braylon will be back. ;)

Don't know how reliable this is since it's a post from another *cough*cough* website(TGG) we all know of but :

[quote]Originally Posted by [b]Blue[/b] View Post
    I just heard my boy Adam say that the Jets and Bengals are gonna look into pursuing Braylon when he is healthy on 98.7.

[url]http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=72144&page=7[/url]
    [/quote]

(Adam as in Adam Schein, in case some here don't know)

Now I can't confirm this since I wasn't listening to the show on 98.7 but if true, things are about to get interesting. :cool:
    Last edited by Vin; 05-01-2012 at 06:40 PM.

has edwards signed with anyone? is he healthy yet? aren't these the real issues? you never know but it sounds like edwards won't be signed by anyone until training camp.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;4456632]has edwards signed with anyone? is he healthy yet? aren't these the real issues? you never know but it sounds like edwards won't be signed by anyone until training camp.[/QUOTE]
    I think most of us are aware of the injury issue and realize that he won't be signed unless and until he's healthy.

Awesome, I hope he makes the team and stays around longer than Edwards and Burress.

[B] [SIZE=2]Jordan White [/SIZE][/B]

[B] [SIZE=2]@_JordanWhite[/SIZE] [/B]

For WMU receiver #83 ..Moving on to the opportunities the Lord has provided me with Mark 10:27. . Jets WR #17

[URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/_JordanWhite"]https://twitter.com/#!/_JordanWhite[/URL]

[QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;4451083]Good offenses stockpile elite talent. I'd welcome Braylon back with open arms.[/QUOTE]
    Plus he's the perfect weapon for Sanchez, as shown in the past. If healthy and cheap its a no brainer. Hill has even more athletic talent than the prototypical BE but he is unproven at this point. It's unrealistic to expect him to start and dominate. The dude needs to put on a bit more weight to absorb the hits at pro-level. If Jets expose Hill too early and he gets injured (God forbid) Holmes doesn't seem like the dude to carry the can, as talented as he is...

[QUOTE=Vin;4453044]I've always known that Spock would make a good Jedi Master.[/QUOTE]
    POTD... LOL

All Pro

Not if the FO is smart.

Hill presents the potential for a future franchise WR - but in years 1 and maybe 2 - you can expect some Heyward-bey and D thomas like stumbles.

Jets fans will have to patient this year. Expect reports like "Hill has a ways to go". He should however, be able to make an immediate impact in TEBOW packages as that's a system he's familiar with.