Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks (7) vs. Miami Heat (2): Eastern Conference Quarterfinals

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Lol... Amare punched the glass casing of a fire extinguisher after the game... Lacirated left hand...
    He could very well be out of Thursday's game. He reportedly was bandaged and in a sling.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I wish we could go back in time and use the Amnesty Clause on Amar'e instead of Billups.
    It's not just hindsight... Many people (including me) were highly critical of using the amnesty on Billups at the time...

Truth be told, the Knicks are not in good shape. Amare flat out stinks and has for about 1.5 seasons -- and we're still paying him max money for three more years. He's one of the worst defenders in the league, has no more explosion and can't co-exist with our best player...

I'm really not sure what the next step is for the Knicks.

How do they get better to compete with the Heat/Bulls/Spurs/Thunder of the world?

I dunno.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    He could very well be out of Thursday's game. He reportedly was bandaged and in a sling.
    He's likely done for the series (season) according to Stepehen A Smith.

Jets Insider VIP
    The amnesty argument on Billups is certainly valid, but Chandler was worth it. I agree with Austin on STAT, but they have 3 yrs left with him which isn't bad. Essentially it's 2 years because they'll be able to trade his expiring contract right before the 3rd year.

I know the word is he'll be out, but I doubt that he would be. He's a selfish prick, though, and can't believe how stupid he was. That said, this gif made me LOL.

JetsInsider.com Legend

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Amare is out for the series!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Where'd you hear that? Just wondering because nothing official has come out.

That said, if he misses the next 2 games it's the series anyway. What an idiot he is.
    Last edited by SMC; 05-01-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post

That said, if he misses the next 2 games it's the series anyway. What an idiot he is.
    Well now there are 2 different stories. The Times is reporting he's done for the series. Espn is reporting he's out game 3 and could miss more time beyond that.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Honestly, what Knicks fans have to come to terms with is they may be better w/o Amare. This team played it's best ball with Amare out, especially Anthony who was sick while Amare missed time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Well now there are 2 different stories. The Times is reporting he's done for the series. Espn is reporting he's out game 3 and could miss more time beyond that.
    Yeah, that's what I saw too. I thought you had seen the official release from the team which is supposed to be due shortly.

Doesn't matter though. I know he's had a tough season, but it was an utter POS move and he looks like an absolute stiff out there getting beaten by J. Anthony, Haslem, Battier and even freakin Chalmers to rebounds.

I hope Dolan fines him heavily.

Was waiting for you to show up...

How could you possibly enjoy watching LeBron flop around like that? Isn't that embarrassing as a fan?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

How could you possibly enjoy watching LeBron flop around like that? Isn't that embarrassing as a fan?
    Honestly never been a huge LBJ fan. Reminds me of an Arod type. Tries too hard to fit in.

Having said that I agree. He does flop at times. But there is no denying his talent. He's the best all around player in the league. Plays so hard on each side of the court and his emotions get the best of him at times, hence the flopping. If LBJ is on your side though, it's hard not to appreciate his game.

Jets Insider VIP

It is amazing how a rock-solid 6'9" 270lb man can so easily get knocked to the ground by guys a fraction of his size.

Honestly never been a huge LBJ fan. Reminds me of an Arod type. Tries too hard to fit in.

Having said that I agree. He does flop at times. But there is no denying his talent. He's the best all around player in the league. Plays so hard on each side of the court and his emotions get the best of him at times, hence the flopping. If LBJ is on your side though, it's hard not to appreciate his game.
    Fair enough...

And while I have you here...

What about 'Shoe Gate'?

Minutes after Chandler receives a technical for enthusiastically throwing down a dunk and staring down his opponent, Bibby loses his shoe and it is tossed towards the bench by Wade IN FRONT OF THE GOD DAMN REFEREE!!!

WLF?

Jets Insider VIP

He's the clear cut MVP and most talented player in the NBA IMO.

The flopping will stop once the refs call a competent game. He stops getting these ridiculous calls then he'll stop doing that.

Luckily, he flopped a couple of times in Game 2 and the refs didn't call them so he stopped doing it.
    Last edited by SMC; 05-01-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The Knicks are better without Melo.

The Knicks are better without Amare.

We need to pick one and stick with it.

Unfortunately, for all of us who care -- these two games have proved one thing: The NY Knicks are further away from a championship than they were 2 years ago when they had all that cap space and FAs to sign.

As for all the LBJ hate - and I effing hate the guy - the fact is if he came to the Knicks, *we* would be in the position the Heat are in today. You cannot deny his ability is world class and would make everyone of our role players better. The guy is not human.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    As for all the LBJ hate - and I effing hate the guy - the fact is if he came to the Knicks, *we* would be in the position the Heat are in today. You cannot deny his ability is world class and would make everyone of our role players better. The guy is not human.
    I would still crucify him for playing basketball like it is soccer...

All Pro
    It is amazing how a rock-solid 6'9" 270lb man can so easily get knocked to the ground by guys a fraction of his size.
    That's what bothers me. He's basically a lightning fast bulldozer -- such a freak athlete that you pretty much can't defend him in transition.

Then he runs into a moving pick and he thrashes around and feigns whiplash like he was in a serious car accident.

It's embarassing. I know the Jordan comparrisons aren't fair, but this is another one of those "Michael was wasy too good for this nonsense" things.

All Pro
    Tweet from Robin Lundberg:

"When LeBron heard Amar'e punched something, he fell down and a whistle blew."

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Tweet from Robin Lundberg:

"When LeBron heard Amar'e punched something, he fell down and a whistle blew."
    Lol