Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Call me crazy but I like what Mike T is doing

Waterboy

Call me crazy but I like what Mike T is doing

Gotta give the guy credit for addressing several of the problems our team has had over the past season. I will keep this short and sweet, which will inevitably leave it open ended for nay'sayers to chime in.

1) Tebow Trade: a)Someone to motivate and push him. b) Boost our running game. c) A viable backup

2) Coples: A pash rushing defensive end.

3) Hill: A deep threat, and WR with the ability to block

4) Davis: A OLB that can move laterally.

5) Contract resturcting: Its inevitable, all teams must do it in today's NFL. But he has kept all the parts of the team that got us to 2 AFC championships.

Now, I realize our RT situation is still not viable, but I think there are still options in the draft and FA that are better than Hunter.

All I am saying is GMs walk a fine line in prosports, especially the capped ones. Hopefully, these moves payoff as they are intended to, and if not well.........Tanny will end up like the rest of the GMs that have run thru our beloved team.

J-E-T-S! Jets! Jets! Jets!

[IMG]http://www.peliq.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/scarface-photo-xl-scarface-6228849.jpg[/IMG]

....or you could see it for what it [I]really [/I]is:

A series of high-risk-high-reward picks from a GM that's stuck with the wrong head coach and is 16 games away from his dismissal unless he pulls a rabbit out of his capped-out hat.

It's called "going out in a blaze of glory". Pacino never looked better coming down those stairs with that gun; problem was, about 60 seconds later he resembled swiss cheese.

SAR I

Waterboy
    Seems like there were only two semi-gauranteed picks in this draft. Meaning every other pick was risky, just like 99.97% of the picks made int he history of drafts.

don't worry be happy!

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=dickie_kak;4451647]Seems like there were only two semi-gauranteed picks in this draft. Meaning every other pick was risky, just like 99.97% of the picks made int he history of drafts.

don't worry be happy![/QUOTE]

1st six.

I'm VERY happy with what we've done in the first three rounds. We picked up some really talented guys that satisfy needs. What more could you ask for?

Granted, I wanted a OT like everybody else, especially with Massie still on the board. But clearly there's something up with that guy, as he's still available after the first two days.

I'd probably trade Davis for an equally talented tackle, but if there wasn't the value there at that position, what can you do? I definitely like all three players that we got, though.

3-4 Five Technique DE's who can stuff the run are never risky picks....don't buy into media hype, and do your own research and analysis, to come to conclusions.

The results are worth it.

[QUOTE=SAR I;4451631][IMG]http://www.peliq.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/scarface-photo-xl-scarface-6228849.jpg[/IMG]

....or you could see it for what it [I]really [/I]is:

A series of high-risk-high-reward picks from a GM that's stuck with the wrong head coach and is 16 games away from his dismissal unless he pulls a rabbit out of his capped-out hat.

It's called "going out in a blaze of glory". Pacino never looked better coming down those stairs with that gun; problem was, about 60 seconds later he resembled swiss cheese.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

That pretty much sums it up.

Veteran
    What the morons who bash the Coples pick don't realize is that the Jets play a lot of 4 down lineman formations. Coples will thrive in this defense.

Hill looks like most dynamic and explosive WR in the draft.

I love the Davis pick and our 4th rounder is essentially Tim Tebow.

Tanny was genius this year.

[QUOTE=Rangenius;4451759]What the morons who bash the Coples pick don't realize is that the Jets play a lot of 4 down lineman formations. Coples will thrive in this defense.

Tanny was genius this year.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Nothing to complain about. It's strange when people criticize Tanny for drafting boom-or-bust players...as if there's anything BUT boom-or-bust players in the draft. There IS no fool proof selection, no sure thing. They picked high potential guys that really fit their plan perfectly. Smart draft thus far.

[QUOTE=Rangenius;4451759]What the morons who bash the Coples pick don't realize is that the Jets play a lot of 4 down lineman formations. Coples will thrive in this defense.

Tanny was genius this year.[/QUOTE]

with one of the best DL coaches in football and Rex, Coples will be a monster

from the Jets games last year, the Jets team demonstrated weakness on the Oline and in the middle of the defense and you are happy that Landry, a backup QB, rookie DE, WR and special teams players will help this team win more games?

Veteran
    Great so far, Tanny's doug a solid job.
    Who do we want tomorrow....Joe Adams, anyone, anyone

[QUOTE=Refuel;4451768]Agreed. Nothing to complain about. It's strange when people criticize Tanny for drafting boom-or-bust players...as if there's anything BUT boom-or-bust players in the draft. There IS no fool proof selection, no sure thing.[/QUOTE]

The Pittsburgh Steelers beg to differ.

how can people say tanny has done a good job,when players have not even played one game???

we will know if he did a good job in 1-2 years from today

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Im excited. I like all 3 of these picks.

[QUOTE=RazorJet;4451781]Great so far, Tanny's doug a solid job.
    Who do we want tomorrow....Joe Adams, anyone, anyone[/QUOTE]

Yes, but no picks until round 6. :mad:

Wondering who you guys would have picked over Coples if the idea is to find the player that helps out this team the most right now?

-DeCastro's natural position is LG, Slauson and Moore already have the guard spots locked down. Scouts say he doesn't have the wingspan to play RT so what would the Jets have done about that, slid Slauson to RT? Building the trenches is never a bad idea but DeCastro doesn't address the weak point of the line, he just adds to an existing strength.

-Ingram would have worked but he is not an edge rusher, most of his sacks came from blitzing inside and he had one hell of a DE eating up blocks for him in Clowney. Still I can understand why some wanted him but Coples is just as fast as Ingram and weighs 20 lbs more, also was a consensus top 5 pick in 2010.

-Reiff and other RT prospects would work, but why draft tackle that high when he's not protecting the blindside? We had arguably the league's best O-Line when Woody was here and how many rings did that get us without a pass rush? Plus I remember SAR killing the D-Brick pick for being one that didn't address a larger problem before the Jets took Sanchez, everyone and their mother identified our pass rush as our biggest issue preventing us from going to the big game. Coples and Davis address this very nicely, I'm not sold on Hill yet but I'm liking Tanny's approach in giving this team some much needed speed.

Not calling anyone stupid for disliking the Coples pick, there are totally legitimate concerns about his motor. Just wondering who would have helped this team more?
    Last edited by XingDaorong; 04-28-2012 at 12:06 AM.

All League
    I think what most people are not seeing right now is that this is probably the final year for Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, and Bryan Thomas. The Jets have already replaced 2 out of 3 in this draft and will save a lot of money cutting these players who are half as good as they used to be. Davis and Coples are younger and faster and are looking to be the future. Braylon Edwards and the down field threat, big target, great blocking from WR has been replaced as well.

Nice job by Tanny and Rex (whose finger prints are all over this draft), but only time will tell.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4451631]A series of high-risk-high-reward picks[/QUOTE]

Go big or go home.

So you'd rather us take the conservative approach with guys that have a solid floor but a very low ceiling? Screw that noise. We basically said f*ck getting "contributors", we want bonafide playmakers who can take over games.

We've shown major balls in this draft.

Are Coples and Hill risks? Sure, and their upsides are through the roof. Both have legit chances to be total studs if they pan out.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 04-28-2012 at 12:33 AM.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4451815]Go big or go home.

So you'd rather us take the conservative approach with guys that have a solid floor but a very low ceiling? Screw that noise. We basically said f*ck getting "contributors", we want bonafide playmakers who can take over games.

We've shown major balls in this draft.

Are Coples and Hill risks? Sure, and their upsides are through the roof. Both have legit chances to be total studs if they pan out.[/QUOTE]

???

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7079/7120401491_c4aa96ee79.jpg[/IMG]