Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tavon Wilson?? Your thoughts?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Tavon Wilson?? Your thoughts?

Can you imagine how everyone would have tarred and feathered the Jets had they opted to do something so stupid? This guy wasn't even ranked in the top 100 players in the draft. Yet, now that the Patsies took him and WASTED all of the equity in that 2nd rounder in the meantime, the media will most certainly come to their aid. They'll stroke them in the newspapers somehow.

But when you hear it, don't believe it. This f*ckin' kid could have been have been selected by the Patsies somewhere in the 4TH round. Instead, they wasted a 2nd rounder. The Patsies are a f*ckin' joke.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Top 100?

He wasn't even ranked in the Top 200.

This was a bigger reach than Irvin in the 1st round. But it's the Pats so everyone is going to blow Belichick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Horrible pick but who cares...

We have better **** to discuss...

No really though... Worst pick in the draft... By a long shot...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    tavon wilson will be a thorn in your side for the next 10 years.

he who laughs last, laughs best

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4451637]Can you imagine how everyone would have tarred and feathered the Jets had they opted to do something so stupid? This guy wasn't even ranked in the top 100 players in the draft. Yet, now that the Patsies took him and WASTED all of the equity in that 2nd rounder in the meantime, the media will most certainly come to their aid. They'll stroke them in the newspapers somehow.

But when you hear it, don't believe it. This f*ckin' kid could have been have been selected by the Patsies somewhere in the 4TH round. Instead, they wasted a 2nd rounder. The Patsies are a f*ckin' joke.[/QUOTE]

Aren't you just simply being a Pats hater? You don't know **** about this kid and you are declaring him a bust? Is this the best you can do? What the hell are you credentials for evaluating him? Do you have any idea what role the Pats are going to ask him to play? Of course not. You know less about him than the media does and that is just about nothing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;4451669]Aren't you just simply being a Pats hater? You don't know **** about this kid and you are declaring him a bust? Is this the best you can do? What the hell are you credentials for evaluating him? Do you have any idea what role the Pats are going to ask him to play? Of course not. You know less about him that the media do and that is just about nothing.[/QUOTE]

How can you defend that they could have traded back ROUNDS into the draft and taken him...

Pretty much blind, homerish faith on your part to state otherwise...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Tavon Wilson pick was a headscratcher to be sure, but an even bigger headscratcher was the trade they made after... trading thier other 2nd rounder for a 3rd and a 5th. That was TERRIBLE draft value. Awful. Inexplicable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gil Brandt had him as a free agent. :yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;4451669]Aren't you just simply being a Pats hater? You don't know **** about this kid and you are declaring him a bust? Is this the best you can do? What the hell are you credentials for evaluating him? Do you have any idea what role the Pats are going to ask him to play? Of course not. You know less about him than the media does and that is just about nothing.[/QUOTE]

I'm no expert, but I follow college football and the draft religiously, year round.

I've never even heard of the kid and everyone from Mayock to Gil Brandt to Kiper had him as a 7th round pick/UDFA.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was projected a 7th rounder-UDFA. I love the Pats draft outside of that horrendous pick. Anyone who defends this pick of Johnson, Taylor etc is an idiot.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;4451669]Aren't you just simply being a Pats hater? You don't know **** about this kid and you are declaring him a bust? Is this the best you can do? What the hell are you credentials for evaluating him? Do you have any idea what role the Pats are going to ask him to play? Of course not. You know less about him than the media does and that is just about nothing.[/QUOTE]

Well, you may very well be correct about that, but let me tell you what I do know...

The Patsies (your idols) just PISSED away a perfectly good 2nd round draft choice by selecting a player that could have been taken somewhere in the 4th round at the earliest. THAT is a f*ckin' waste.

NO excuse for that. Simply NO excuse.:rolleyes:

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not going to try and predict how good of a player he'll be, but it's REALLY hard to believe he wouldn't still be available tomorrow, given that few even had him getting drafted. With guys still in the green room at Radio City Music Hall, the Pats select a guy who probably wasn't even watching the draft at home. Questionable move at least.

But it's true. Just because it's the Patriots, commentators will overanalyze this pick into the steal of the draft. :rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure from what I've read for the past two days that knowing anything about a player is a necessary credential on this board for drawing conclusions about the worth of a draft pick. ;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4451687]Well, you may very well be correct about that, but let me tell you what I do know...

The Patsies (your idols) just PISSED away a perfectly good 2nd round draft choice by selecting a player that could have been taken somewhere in the 4th round at the earliest. THAT is a f*ckin' waste.

NO excuse for that. Simply NO excuse.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Well for starters, at that point in time, the Pats did not have any picks beyond the second round. I'll wait and see what he does on the field before I'll label him a bust, which, just like every other selection in this draft, could turn out that way.

PS: I have no idols. I'm a football fan first and foremost.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4451655]tavon wilson will be a thorn in your side for the next 10 years.

he who laughs last, laughs best[/QUOTE]

?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bullitt929;4451700]I'm not sure from what I've read for the past two days that knowing anything about a player is a necessary credential on this board for drawing conclusions about the worth of a draft pick. ;)[/QUOTE]

Word.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;4451702][B]Well for starters, at that point in time, the Pats did not have any picks beyond the second round.[/B] I'll wait and see what he does on the field before I'll label him a bust, which, just like every other selection in this draft, could turn out that way.

PS: I have no idols. I'm a football fan first and foremost.[/QUOTE]

I guess you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, ugh?

COMMON SENSE will tell you if you didn't have your sunglasses on that the Patsies could have come up with approximately 53 better options before even thinking about Tavon Wilson. And that is a VERY generous estimate.

HELL, if they didn't have anyone that they truly liked, WHY didn't they trade down so they could accumulate more draft choices?!

This was beyond stupidity.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;4451702]Well for starters, at that point in time, the Pats did not have any picks beyond the second round. I'll wait and see what he does on the field before I'll label him a bust, which, just like every other selection in this draft, could turn out that way.

PS: I have no idols. I'm a football fan first and foremost.[/QUOTE]

The question does remain, what would the Mike Mayocks and Mel Kipers of the world have said if the Jets made this pick?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm outraged.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bullitt929;4451726]The question does remain, what would the Mike Mayocks and Mel Kipers of the world have said if the Jets made this pick?[/QUOTE]

You already know the answer to that question. But, because it's the Patsies they will somehow manage to get stroked by the media. Especially that dingbat Peter King, that guy I'm sure cannot even remember when he sold out.:rolleyes: