Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tavon Wilson?? Your thoughts?

[QUOTE=bullitt929;4451726]The question does remain, what would the Mike Mayocks and Mel Kipers of the world have said if the Jets made this pick?[/QUOTE]

Why does anyone give a ****.

[QUOTE=FF2;4451732]I'm outraged.[/QUOTE]

Morally?

[QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;4451702]Well for starters, at that point in time, the Pats did not have any picks beyond the second round. I'll wait and see what he does on the field before I'll label him a bust, which, just like every other selection in this draft, could turn out that way.

PS: I have no idols. I'm a football fan first and foremost.[/QUOTE]

True. It's always a waiting game.

But let's be honest. Regardless of how the pick turns out, if the Jets had been in the exact same situation and made the exact same move, every Patriots fan would be laughing himself to sleep tonight and every analyst would be chalking this pick up as the latest Jets Draft Day Disaster.

The criticism (along with the pressure of being selected in the 2nd round when you're not even projected to get drafted) would probably ruin him before his first trip to Cortland.

[QUOTE=FF2;4451737]Why does anyone give a ****.[/QUOTE]

WE do. Because we are having a great time sh*tting on the stupidity of your front office.:D

[QUOTE=bullitt929;4451740]Morally?[/QUOTE]

Morally Safer....RIP :(

[QUOTE=Mainejet;4451743]WE do. Because we are having a great time sh*tting on the stupidity of your front office.:D[/QUOTE]

I was asking why anyone cares what Maycock and Kiper think.

[QUOTE=FF2;4451737]Why does anyone give a ****.[/QUOTE]

Oh, we say we don't but we all do. They're the ones in front of the camera during this entertainment event. We all want to hear that our team did well. Even though we know that these guys don't really have the answers.

[QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;4451669]Aren't you just simply being a Pats hater? You don't know **** about this kid and you are declaring him a bust? Is this the best you can do? What the hell are you credentials for evaluating him? Do you have any idea what role the Pats are going to ask him to play? Of course not. You know less about him than the media does and that is just about nothing.[/QUOTE]

Your arguement alone just preludes about 95% of the people (I am assuming you as well) on this board from being allowed to make any comment on a draft pick. No we do not have credentials, we are football fans here to talk about a draft. If that is your standard for posting (credentials) then I suggest you go up to HARVARD and take PATS Football 101 and we will talk to you again in the fall.

Veteran

Demario Davis

Uh oh, I just saw on his twitter that he is very dedicated to Christ. He seems very religious like Tebow.

New Yorkers are going to hate him, just as much as Boston fans hate ..... people.

All League
    [QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;4451669]Aren't you just simply being a Pats hater? You don't know **** about this kid and you are declaring him a bust? Is this the best you can do? What the hell are you credentials for evaluating him? Do you have any idea what role the Pats are going to ask him to play? Of course not. You know less about him than the media does and that is just about nothing.[/QUOTE]

I don't call him a bust yet. I simply call him a terrible value pick. It doesn't matter how he turns out. They could have been safe and picked him in the 5th round, and picked another quality 2nd round player.

[QUOTE=bullitt929;4451750]Oh, we say we don't but we all do. They're the ones in front of the camera during this entertainment event. We all want to hear that our team did well. Even though we know that these guys don't really have the answers.[/QUOTE]

Seems like a colossal waste of energy. So Monday everyone will be grading the teams....B-, C+?....what a crock.

All League
    [QUOTE=MadCroatian;4451678]The Tavon Wilson pick was a headscratcher to be sure, but an even bigger headscratcher was the trade they made after... trading thier other 2nd rounder for a 3rd and a 5th. That was TERRIBLE draft value. Awful. Inexplicable.[/QUOTE]

Yeah what the hell was that?

[B]TRADE ANNOUNCED[/B]
    Green Bay Packers: Acquire pick No. 62 in 2012
    New England Patriots: Acquire picks No. 90 and 163 in 2012

Moments later...

[B]TRADE ANNOUNCED[/B]
    Denver Broncos: Acquire pick No. 67 in 2012
    Cleveland Browns: Acquire picks No. 87 and 120 in 2012

I guess Bill B lost Elway's number.

[QUOTE=rep;4451757] It doesn't matter how he turns out. [/QUOTE]

See this is what cracks me up,,,,how do you guys Know he would be available later?

let's see he turns into a Pro Bowler...you say it's a bad value because you THINK he would be available later. how you you know that for sure?

[QUOTE=FF2;4451758]Seems like a colossal waste of energy. So Monday everyone will be grading the teams....B-, C+?....what a crock.[/QUOTE]

You betcha, and I want the Jets to get an A. :)

Besides, on some cosmic level, watching football games could probably be viewed as a colossal waste of energy. ;)

[QUOTE=bullitt929;4451765]You betcha, and I want the Jets to get an A. :)

Besides, on some cosmic level, watching football games could probably be viewed as a colossal waste of energy. ;)[/QUOTE]

whoa...bite your tongue.

hey you're kind of a genius, you belong in the Hampur

[QUOTE=FF2;4451767]whoa...bite your tongue.

hey you're kind of a genius, you belong in the Hampur[/QUOTE]

You should see this genius try to figure out how to do the laundry. Or hang curtains. :)

[QUOTE=dickkotite;4451655]tavon wilson will be a thorn in your side for the next 10 years.

he who laughs last, laughs best[/QUOTE]

True, Belicheat has been one helluva drafter, let's not give them more motivation. Let them die on their own.:yes:

[QUOTE=bullitt929;4451773]You should see this genius try to figure out how to do the laundry. Or hang curtains. :)[/QUOTE]

That would be a waste of your talents.

All League
    [QUOTE=FF2;4451764]See this is what cracks me up,,,,how do you guys Know he would be available later?

let's see he turns into a Pro Bowler...you say it's a bad value because you THINK he would be available later. how you you know that for sure?[/QUOTE]

Because a player that was graded as a 7th rounder at best with UDFA more likely just isn't going to get drafted by anyone else before the 5th rounder.

But hey, keep up the optimism. Can't wait for Brady to eventually be gone so we can see Belichick run the Patriots into the ground with his god awful drafting techniques.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Chrebet Crunch;4451752]Your arguement alone just preludes about 95% of the people (I am assuming you as well) on this board from being allowed to make any comment on a draft pick. No we do not have credentials, we are football fans here to talk about a draft. [b]If that is your standard for posting (credentials) then I suggest you go up to HARVARD and take PATS Football 101 and we will talk to you again in the fall.[/b][/QUOTE]

Most of your post was pretty good. The bolded part wasn't. ;)