Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Projected 2012 Offense

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Projected 2012 Offense

Yeah, too early for this. But here it is anyways :) I know RT is going to make people cringe but that's how I see it playing out. What do you guys think? If we had the #1 defense, which is a possibility, is this offense good enough to make us contenders?

WR Santonio Holmes

TE Dustin Keller

LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    LG Matt Slauson
    C Nick Mangold
    RG Brandon Moore
    RT Vladimir Ducasse

Slot Jeremy Kerley

WR Stephen Hill

QB Mark Sanchez
    RB Shonn Greene
    (? Tim Tebow)
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 04-28-2012 at 01:43 AM.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4451823]Yeah, too early for this. But here it is anyways :) I know RT is going to make people cringe but that's how I see it playing out. What do you guys think? If we had the #1 defense, which is a possibility, is this offense good enough to make us contenders?

WR Santonio Holmes

TE Dustin Keller

LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    LG Matt Slauson
    C Nick Mangold
    RG Brandon Moore
    RT Vladimir Ducasse

Slot Jeremy Kerley

WR Stephen Hill

QB Mark Sanchez
    RB Shonn Greene

(? Tim Tebow)[/QUOTE]

WR Santonio Holmes

TE Dustin Keller

LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    LG Matt Slauson
    C Nick Mangold
    RG Brandon Moore
    RT Vladimir Ducasse

Slot Jeremy Kerley

WR Stephen Hill

QB Mark Sanchez
    RB Shonn Greene
    FB John Connor
    QB/RB/FB/WR/TE/RT/ST/LB/DE/SS/PR/P/K Tim Tebow

Veteran
    Doesn't matter how stacked with talent our skill positions are.

There will be no air attack, ground & pound, wildcat, or Wildcard without an OL.

All League
    Hopefully we can find a blocking TE and maybe another Kerley type late in the draft.

There are late-addition RT's made all the time in the NFL. Guys like Max Starks, Jared Gaither, etc. Hopefully we have something with Vlad, but even if we don't, we'll address the position.

It's not a perfect offense, but Hill just makes the entire complexion much more appealing.

All Pro
    Still don't have that ground and pound RB type.

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4451829]
    QB/RB/FB/WR/TE/RT/ST/LB/DE/SS/PR/P/K Tim Tebow[/QUOTE]

LMAO

But seriously, Tebow is going to surprise, as will Sanchez, this is going to work as long as the fanbase can leave their skirts in the closet on Sunday's, and ignore the braindead media!

not bad. still huge question mark with RT. but would still like to see a faster pass catching RB, that sanchez can just dump off to and take the distance at any time.

Plus, hope Cumberland can come back strong, thought he looked when he started to get playing time. Would be another nice option for Sanchez.

All League
    I would love for Vlad to earn the starting role, But I'm thinking it will be Hunter again.

And I expect that Hill is to raw to start right away, I see a FA WR to fill his role for the time being, hope I am wrong on this.

Veteran
    I would be shocked if Vlad Ducasse is starting right tackle come September.

Hunter is miserable but Ducasse's development to this point has been underwhelming.
    Tannenbaum is in the disinformation business. They will draft a tackle in the sixth round or sign a veteran tackle before the seasons starts.

If Callaghan was right on Caleb Schlauderaff with the benefit of a complete training camp he may provide competition at guard.

Practice Squad
    Vernon Carey.

All League
    NO WAY DUCASSE STARTS

Draft someone in the 7th round and start his ass.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4451823]Yeah, too early for this. But here it is anyways :) I know RT is going to make people cringe but that's how I see it playing out. What do you guys think? If we had the #1 defense, which is a possibility, is this offense good enough to make us contenders?

WR Santonio Holmes

TE Dustin Keller

LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    LG Matt Slauson
    C Nick Mangold
    RG Brandon Moore
    RT Vladimir Ducasse

Slot Jeremy Kerley

WR Stephen Hill

QB Mark Sanchez
    RB Shonn Greene
    (? Tim Tebow)[/QUOTE]

If this is the case, then neither Sanchez or Tebow will last the season. Both will be in the hospital.

I wish someone would have told me 30+ years ago that the Jets were the only team in the NFL that needs ProBowl talent at every position along the line. (On second thought, I still would've been stupid enough to become a fan:mad:)

But seriously -- DBRICK, MOORE, MANGOLD, SLAUSON. I'm not naming 4 future HOFers, but are we really thinking our line is swiss cheese because of RT? Can't we use a blocking TE more, or make SOME sort of adjustment that keeps the season from being over before it even starts?

Maybe Vlad matures, or Hunter finds his 2010 form, or we get lucky with this kid from Baylor? Sure -- a bunch of "ifs", but I just refuse to believe we're as screwed as we were in the Adrian Clarke days . . .

All League
    Split End Santonio Holmes

TE Vlad Ducasse
    LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    LG Matt Slauson
    C Nick Mangold
    RG Brandon Moore
    RT Wayne Hunter

QB - Tim Tebow

LHB - Shonne Greene
    FB - Terrance Gannaway
    RHB - Joe McKnight

With ground and pound in mind - Jets roll out the Wishbone!!!

LOL...Vladimir Ducasse starting.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Gangrene;4451871]I would be shocked if Vlad Ducasse is starting right tackle come September.

Hunter is miserable but Ducasse's development to this point has been underwhelming.
    Tannenbaum is in the disinformation business. They will draft a tackle in the sixth round or sign a veteran tackle before the seasons starts.

If Callaghan was right on Caleb Schlauderaff with the benefit of a complete training camp he may provide competition at guard.[/QUOTE]

The guy will have the benefit of a mini camp and OTA's. he should show signs of life! Last year he was deprived of that kind of training. I think the guy has talent and was projected to be a project. Perhaps we should slow our criticisms of him. This has got to be his year to show something.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4452461]I wish someone would have told me 30+ years ago that the Jets were the only team in the NFL that needs ProBowl talent at every position along the line. (On second thought, I still would've been stupid enough to become a fan:mad:)

But seriously -- DBRICK, MOORE, MANGOLD, SLAUSON. I'm not naming 4 future HOFers, but are we really thinking our line is swiss cheese because of RT? Can't we use a blocking TE more, or make SOME sort of adjustment that keeps the season from being over before it even starts?

Maybe Vlad matures, or Hunter finds his 2010 form, or we get lucky with this kid from Baylor? Sure -- a bunch of "ifs", but I just refuse to believe we're as screwed as we were in the Adrian Clarke days . . .[/QUOTE]

Plus we have Sparano teaching the OL and the entire offense. He will have a positive impact on the players. The fact that we have guys like Landolt, Howard and now Griffin, I think we will do fine at RT. I also expect hunter to step up and have flaws corrected at OTAs.

Hall Of Fame
    Still think we need another veteran WR. Hill is still raw and may not be able to count on him for starter production just yet. Running back is still a bit of a question, considering there is not a complete back on the roster. As others have said, blocking TE would be nice, Cumberland should make a nice second receiving TE with Keller, but an all around conventional TE would be nice.

Veteran
    I'd be shocked if Schillen isn't staring as long as he's healthy, at least to open the season. Hopefully Hill earns that spot as the season goes along.