Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complaining About LB D. Davis? LOOK!

Undrafted Free Agent

Complaining About LB D. Davis? LOOK!

For anyone out there questioning our 3rd round pick i just watched about an hour of film from different cut ups, and im not here to say we got Lance Briggs but i must say i am not at all mad, and thats EXACTLY who he reminds me of.

Look at the entire rest of the 3rd round. Look in terms of both VALUE and NEED on our team and there is no more than 2 PLAYERS that we as a fan base really could have said "We should have taken him."*

1. Micheal Ignew TE Miami
    2. Sean Spence LB Pittsburgh
    ** (Spence on here ONLY because we took a LB with the pick so obviously the Jets liked D.D. more than Spence)

REMEMBER the Bernard Peirces are not so much of a need, and any of these OT's we wouldnt have really known because they werent household names...

Its amaizing but look we really cant complain an REMEMBER we picked a Pass Rusher/Run Stuffer, a WR, and have no need for a DT-

Its amaizing but look we really cant complain-

77. New York Jets: Demario Davis, LB, Arkansas State
    78. Miami Dolphins: Michael Egnew, TE, Missouri
    79. Chicago Bears: Brandon Hardin, S, Oregon State
    80. Arizona Cardinals: Jamell Fleming, CB, Oklahoma
    81. Dallas Cowboys: Tyrone Crawford, DE, Boise State
    82. Tennessee Titans: Mike Martin, DT, Michigan
    83. Cincinnati Bengals: Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers
    84. Baltimore Ravens: Bernard Pierce, RB, Temple
    85. Detroit Lions: Dwight Bentley, CB, Louisiana-Lafayette
    86. Pittsburgh Steelers: Sean Spence, LB, Miami (Fla.)
    87. Cleveland Browns: John Hughes, DT, Cincinnati
    88. Philadelphia Eagles: Nick Foles, QB, Arizona
    89. New Orleans Saints: Akiem Hicks, DE, Louisiana State
    90. New England Patriots: Jake Bequette, DE, Arkansas
    91. Atlanta Falcons: Lamar Holmes, OT, Southern Mississippi
    92. Indianapolis Colts: T.Y. Hilton, WR, Florida International
    93. Cincinnati Bengals: Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson
    94. New York Giants: Jayron Hosley, CB, Virginia Tech
    95. Oakland Raiders: Tony Bergstrom, G, Utah
    Last edited by MiseryLovesCompany99; 04-28-2012 at 03:03 AM.

Bewildered Beast
    Lance Briggs? Are you mad?

Really though; great post. It's terrific to get such insight within hours; in the past I've waited 3 days for that info. :D
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 04-28-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    AGAIN not saying he IS Lance Briggs...

Saying he reminds me of him, like player comparison COMING OUT...

We can only HOPE thats the case lol

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [URL="http://m.nfl.com/combine/profile/2533008/demario-davis/"]http://m.nfl.com/combine/profile/2533008/demario-davis/[/URL]

This kid ran a 4.53 40 yd dash.

For everyone complaining about the speed of our LB'ing corps and not having a LB'er that can cover a TE, Demario Davis is part of the solution.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... when you said [QUOTE]look [/QUOTE] - i was hoping to see some vids! ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    [I]Overall, Davis is one of the most explosive and well rounded defensive players in this year’s draft. He comes from a smaller school, where not many people saw him play. Davis is always around the ball and plays with such power and intensity that there is no doubt in my mind he will make in in the NFL. He will be a fit with just about every team in the league regardless of the type of defense they run. Look for Davis to come off the board in round three and looking back on it in five years that could be the steal of the draft.[/I]

Works for me!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;4451873][URL="http://m.nfl.com/combine/profile/2533008/demario-davis/"]http://m.nfl.com/combine/profile/2533008/demario-davis/[/URL]

For everyone complaining about the speed of our LB'ing corps and not having a LB'er that can cover a TE, Demario Davis is part of the solution.[/QUOTE]

Here's a tape on Davis he seems to have the pre game rap down like TJ and LT did.. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=insE7hE_Czs&feature=player_embedded[/url]

All League
    Don't kno much about him and highlights can be deceiving, but from what I have read it seems like a solid pick. Love his speed and seems like he has that killer instinct.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4451897]Here's a tape on Davis he seems to have the pre game rap down like TJ and LT did.. [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=insE7hE_Czs&feature=player_embedded[/URL][/QUOTE]
    This kid looks like a beast.

If Coples is the real deal, this could be the best 1-3 picks I can recall for the Jets.

[QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;4451873][URL="http://m.nfl.com/combine/profile/2533008/demario-davis/"]http://m.nfl.com/combine/profile/2533008/demario-davis/[/URL]

For everyone complaining about the speed of our LB'ing corps and not having a LB'er that can cover a TE, Demario Davis is part of the solution.[/QUOTE]

Davis has speed from side to side, but one of his scouting report cons is he looks lost in pass coverage...

i like the pick, but just saying.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4451914]Davis has speed from side to side, but one of his scouting report cons is he looks lost in pass coverage...

i like the pick, but just saying.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link to anything that says he looks "lost?"

I found this:

[I]His athletic ability allows him to be pretty solid in coverage, can run with backs out of the backfield and get a chip on the TE at LOS – Can also cover a WR out of the slot...[/I]

[I]Man coverage ability can always improve, as well as instincts while in zone coverage.[/I]

Far from "lost."

[QUOTE=Jordy;4451922]Do you have a link to anything that says he looks "lost?"

I found this:

[I]His athletic ability allows him to be pretty solid in coverage, can run with backs out of the backfield and get a chip on the TE at LOS – Can also cover a WR out of the slot...[/I]

[I]Man coverage ability can always improve, as well as instincts while in zone coverage.[/I]

Far from "lost."[/QUOTE]

Per my NFL Mobile app (can't post a link)

Weaknesses:

[QUOTE]"His athletic ability really doesnt translate to pass defense, where he can look awkward and out of place at times (aka lost). He needs to learn to better diagnose plays."[/QUOTE]

here's another one

[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/draft/prospect?prospectId=401178[/url]

[QUOTE]He is prone to overrun plays at times and fly past the point of attack, which makes him susceptible to failing to contain cutback runners. Additionally, Davis is not consistent in pass coverage, especially in a zone defense which negates his speed.[/QUOTE]

Not saying he can't improve on said weakness, but just pointing it out.
    Last edited by TurkJetFan; 04-28-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4451914]Davis has speed from side to side, but one of his scouting report cons is he looks lost in pass coverage...

i like the pick, but just saying.[/QUOTE]

It's possible.... just possible..... that the Jets have a better coaching staff than Arkansas St.----- you can't coach speed, and he's got that...... everything else, they can work on.

[QUOTE=Laxman;4451944]It's possible.... just possible..... that the Jets have a better coaching staff than Arkansas St.----- you can't coach speed, and he's got that...... everything else, they can work on.[/QUOTE]

absolutely! like i said, i like the pick...i'm just reacting to what i read...it may take him time to develop his pass coverage skills a bit (based on what i'm reading), but completely agree with you...he has the natural skill set so the rest should follow.

This kid is good. anyone who thinks he's not or is down on him doesn't realize what we got. He's probably my favorite pick in terms the respective round he was drafted in out of the three.

We're all going to love this guy.

Always comedy when people who work in cubicles for their living complain about draft picks. They don't know one thing about this player yet sit and whine about it. My Mel Kiper draft book didn't have this guy as a best available, boooo hooooooo, shut up, you don't have a clue, go back to flipping burgers!

Jet fans are some of the dumbest around.

That video of him makes me want to gizz in my pants and then run through a wall with the Wolf Pack. Seriously, this pick gives me a boner.

Did you see that fkn hit?!?! And hearing him speak, man he reminds me ALOT of Ray Lewis in that department. And he plays fast as hell with that violence that I love in a LB. That kid brings the wood.

[QUOTE=southside;4451994]That video of him makes me want to gizz in my pants and then run through a wall with the Wolf Pack. Seriously, this pick gives me a boner.

Did you see that fkn hit?!?! And hearing him speak, man he reminds me ALOT of Ray Lewis in that department. And he plays fast as hell with that violence that I love in a LB. That kid brings the wood.[/QUOTE]

his sideline to sideline speed is MUCH needed....he's going to have an instant impact in many ways, and also take some time to develop in other ways...net net he will improve our D from day 1

Jets Insider VIP
    what the Jets said in last nights post round three presser

We went to his pro day and had him in for a visit in which one of our coaches put him through a bunch of drills to test whether he possessed the necessary coverage and reaction skills to drop back as an ILB in the NFL

apparently, since these same guys drafted him, he must have tested out OK

although I'm sure the draftniks at Foxsports had a better hands-on way to judge his being "lost" in pass coverage

Team leader!

Not saying that this guy is going to come in and become [B]the[/B] team leader,but.... you can tell he is a very motivated and positive guy. Last year this is what we missed the most. W:yes:e had no one talkin it up. No leader. You cannot win without one on the team! Tony Richardson was our last one until he left. This guy Davis seems to have a lot of HEART!!! He could help stirs things up, and with time become one of the team leaders!~ Go Jets Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!