Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Your Parents For $20k

Jets Insider VIP

Ask Your Parents For $20k

[QUOTE][url]http://www.newser.com/story/144951/romney-to-go-getters-borrow-20k-from-parents.html[/url]

Good advice for young entrepreneurs or another sign that Mitt Romney can't relate to ordinary Americans? Romney told Ohio college students yesterday that if they wanted to start a business, they should just borrow $20,000 or so from their parents, as a friend of his did. (Jimmy John of sandwich franchise fame, notes the New York Times.) "We’ve always encouraged young people: Take a shot, go for it, take a risk, get the education, borrow money if you have to from your parents, start a business," he said at Otterbein University, notes the progressive blog ThinkProgress.

"The advice fits right into the characterization that Romney is ‘out of touch’ with regular people," writes Annie-Rose Strasser. "Most students don’t have parents with $20,000 in disposable capital sitting around to give to their kids to start a business."[/QUOTE]

What a complete and utter absolute friggin moron.

Thanks a lot, Republicans...for successfully securing another 4 years of Obama by nominating this...freaking idiot.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Michelle Obama's vacation with one of her little spawns cost the taxpayers over $450,000. This was just one of her 35+ vacations so far.

I'm sure a whole lot of Amuuricuns can relate to that too.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4451887]Michelle Obama's vacation with one of her little spawns cost the taxpayers over $450,000. This was just one of her 35+ vacations so far.

I'm sure a whole lot of Amuuricuns can relate to that too.[/QUOTE]

Possibly.

Just for fun, I forwarded my Dad the article and then asked him for 10k (a 50% savings) to start up my business. An online bait shop.

Get in on the ground floor. PM me.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

I'm confident this is written 'liberally'...

I'm sure it went... Borrown money, <-------- note the pause... From your parents if you have to...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4451903]I'm confident this is written 'liberally'...

I'm sure it went... Borrown money, <-------- note the pause... From your parents if you have to...[/QUOTE]

Sure.

Let's get a list of the parents of the kids whom he was addressing and see just how many of them have $20k...lmao...just "kicking around" that they can loan to their kids to start a...

...lmfao...

business.

Your candidate is utterly out of touch with 97% of this country. Him and his kokoboeam Mormans.

He's a freak. And complete freak who has NO idea about what the real world is like...

HI!! I'm MITTEN ROMNEY!! I "worked" (LMFAO!!!!) for a "living" (LMAFAO)....

Sure. I know. My dad was loaded and basically handed me millions of dollars. But I know just what it's like to wake up and wonder where your next filet mignon is coming from. It's horrible. I had a Tiffany account that was....*gasp*...limited to only 50k. Horror!! Humanity.
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 04-28-2012 at 01:48 PM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4451867]What a complete and utter absolute friggin moron.

Thanks a lot, Republicans...for successfully securing another 4 years of Obama by nominating this...freaking idiot.[/QUOTE]

I love you but reaching brother, reaching.....

And 'borrowing' 20 grand from a Saudi national to go to Harvard is... what?

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4451867]What a complete and utter absolute friggin moron.

Thanks a lot, Republicans...for successfully securing another 4 years of Obama by nominating this...freaking idiot.[/QUOTE]

Most of my clients ( and myself) could VERY EASILY lend 20K for a biz but wouldn't. They would ask for a piece of the biz, a preferred rate of return and only to a child who has a record of hard work.

A LOT of people have 20K to lend...just sayin......

Agreed.

Mitt Romney is out of touch.

However, yesterday the US government released first quarter 2012 GDP numbers and it is a depressing 2.2% growth.

There is going to be more government economic data released in the coming months and I can almost guarantee that none of it will be good.

Obama also has two current cases in the US Supreme Court that are likely to go against him, too.

I don't see how Barack Obama manages to win reelection. :dunno:

:jets17

I live in Jersey, so perhaps not all of you can relate to this.

Parents routinely spend $20K+ for weddings, "quincieras", etc. Don't tell me you don't have the money to help your child start a business, but you do for one night of open bar . . .:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4452004]A LOT of people have 20K to lend...just sayin......[/QUOTE]

The AMI of the US is 50k.

A LOT of people just have 40% of their yearly income just sitting around :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Wonder how many people serving in the Armed Forces could drop $20k in their kids laps.

lolz...

F*cking out of freaking touch.

The GOP has become Windsurfing John Kerry. Used to lambast the Dems for being out of touch with "flyover country". Now...they've poised to nominate Teresa Heinz Kerry's Chamber of Commerce buddy. lolz....

All League
    Regardless of who your guy is Romney unintentionally says some dopey stuff while trying to relate to us ham and eggers... "my wife has a couple of cadillacs actually" now its borrowing the extra 20 large that mom has stuffed in the mattress...lol.

Obama won't win the next election, Romney will defeat Romney and he'll get it by default.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4452103]The AMI of the US is 50k.

A LOT of people just have 40% of their yearly income just sitting around :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

20 percent of Americans could do this......

The bottom 50 percent who pay almost no tax, of course they could not.

Work 25 Saturdays a year for 15 years and save the earnings..... What's so hard about that???

OH...Work, I forgot.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Not only is this a politically stoopid comment but is this going to be the policy of the federal government under President Romney?

I can see the White house press secretary now:

"...We were hoping for 4% growth this quarter but apparently America's Dads were too cheap to lend their kids $20,000..."

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4452215]Work 25 Saturdays a year for 15 years...[/QUOTE]

Most people have to do that just to make ends meet.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4452297]Most people have to do that just to make ends meet.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...[/QUOTE]

But most people don't. BTW..my plumber does. He lent his daughter 20K.

My other plumber client doesn't.... He's living paycheck to paycheck. Oh..he has a motorcycle and other toys but no savings.

Jets Insider VIP
    Just blew a piston ring on my minivan. 200 for a tow... Probably 1200 to fix.

Real life, CPA. There goes the $$$ from the past 2 months of Saturdays.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4452325]But most people don't. BTW..my plumber does. He lent his daughter 20K.

My other plumber client doesn't.... He's living paycheck to paycheck. Oh..he has a motorcycle and other toys but no savings.[/QUOTE]

You're so full of sh*t, bro. You keep telling stories...none of what you post has a shred of truth.

Jets Insider VIP
    South Park World.

Housewives of Orange County are what make America great. Union iron workers destroy it.

Jersey shore is what makes America great. Union fireman destroy it...