Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coulda had Bobby Massie at 108

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rep View Post
    So if their 4th round pick was a bust, like 90% of 4th rounders historically have been, what did they lose? I just can't believe some of you people are acting like they gave a 1st round pick for Tebow. It's a 4th rounder. 4th. Check up on how many good 4th rounders there are. Just because you can name a couple good 4th rounders in history doesn't mean it's a terrible loss. I am sure I can name about 9 times as many 4th rounders who didn't make it as you can name that did.
    I like Tim Tebow - as a player and as a person. But I think his acquisition illustrates a lack of focus by the Jets. This is a team with no discernible vision for where it wants to go. I see Tebow as a distraction. I really hope to be wrong about that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow better be worth Bobbie Massie? Wow the moronic posts you find on the internet!

Sucks the Saints got Nick Toon. Was hoping he would be a Jet somehow. Also disappointed to see Greg Childs picked. Hoped he would slide to 6th round for Jets. Hope we keep 4th and 5th rounders next year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangenius View Post
    Wow the moronic posts you find on the internet!
    You're right. Who am I to argue with a Ran"genius?"

Still amused by it all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    getting away from the coulda-shudda department into the world of reality

the NY Jets in a trade with the Denver got an athletic backup quarterback AND a former first round pick WHO ACTUALLY started at QB for the Broncos last year and WON a playoff game in OT against the Pittsburgh Steelers

FOR

Phillip Blake, a middling center from Baylor whom the Broncos drafted with the fourth round pick they received from the NYJ
    While I am a 100% Sanchez supporter, and remain such, your point (above) is an excellent one.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBear83 View Post
    Except that our need was at tackle, not center, and Massie would have been there for us.
    Using your experience and training please tell us who the better RT is of the following:

Massie

Austin Howard

Dennis Landolt

Vlad Ducasse

you are on the clock!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBear83 View Post
    I like Tim Tebow - as a player and as a person. But I think his acquisition illustrates a lack of focus by the Jets. This is a team with no discernible vision for where it wants to go. I see Tebow as a distraction. I really hope to be wrong about that.
    Using your considerable knowledge, training and education is such matters, please announce to the world how you would correct these obvious failures that you are pointing out. Then call WOODY JOHNSON and DEMAND that he hire you and fire Mr.T and Rex. You can handle both jobs obviously!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we're bemoaning the trade of a 4th round pick last month for a legit backup QB with additional skills, we must be doing something right in the draft.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy Wayne Hunter. I read that Massie was responsible for 5 of the 8 sacks Miami had last week.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRAGE View Post
    Holy Wayne Hunter. I read that Massie was responsible for 5 of the 8 sacks Miami had last week.
    Cameron Wake literally owns that dude. Can you imagine how excited he'd be to face him 2x a year?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRAGE View Post
    Holy Anthony Munoz. I read that Wayne Hunter is now the starting LT for St. Louis and shut down Julius Peppers and Chris Clemons in consecutive weeks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    Just watched AZ-MIA tape... Cameron Wake beat Bobby Massie on just about every play

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Just watched AZ-MIA tape... Cameron Wake beat Bobby Massie on just about every play
    More of the same today from Long...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Massie is getting owned.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    beat him like a drum

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    In 2000, we drafted in the 6th round Tony Scott...a DBack from NC State who for his career managed a total of 2 tackles

Damn, we could have had Tom Brady in the same round

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only tackle rated worse in the NFL at this point is D'Anthony Batiste, also of the Cardinals. He may turn out ok but he would have been killed on this board for his play and already called a bust.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    The only tackle rated worse in the NFL at this point is D'Anthony Batiste, also of the Cardinals. He may turn out ok but he would have been killed on this board for his play and already called a bust.

Matt Williamson ‏@WilliamsonNFL
    The #Cowboys interior OL & #Raiders CBs are in contention for worst pos group in #NFL as well-prob others, but wow are #Cardinals OTs awful

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post

How does one get called for a penalty and have a positive score for "Penalty"?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was declined. 0.1 is basically a neutral score.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well this thread is pretty hilarious.