Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow-Jaws and Herm inadvertantly mock a team whilst discussing RG3 and Cousins

Hall Of Fame

Wow-Jaws and Herm inadvertantly mock a team whilst discussing RG3 and Cousins

So the Skins go out, trade up and pick THEIR guy--their franchise leader.

RG3. Skins done for the next decade.

And then a few rounds later go out and pick another possible starting QB...Kirk Cousins? :huh:

Both made the point this is just a horrible move from a lockeroom standpoint, a practice reps/snaps standpoint, a fan standpoint.

Just an idiotic thing to do.

I've heard this story before.

_

There were so many other players they could have picked based on BAP, need, etc.

I don't understand why they picked him, either. Maybe they're not totally sold on RG3? You can't draft Cousins with the intention of making him a career backup. Can you?

It's crazy yet quite a few successful teams do it.

[QUOTE=John_0515;4452082]There were so many other players they could have picked based on BAP, need, etc.

I don't understand why they picked him, either. Maybe they're not totally sold on RG3? You can't draft Cousins with the intention of making him a career backup. Can you?[/QUOTE]

No but you can draft him, develop him and trade him...

Backup QB is an important position, especially for RG3 who projects to be a mobile QB and will get tackled more than most QBs.

I see nothing wrong with it, the problem actually is most teams think drafting a player for a position of need means the problem is solved. There's just too much uncertainty with projecting college kids and injuries. You are drafting lottery tickets.

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4452085]No but you can draft him, develop him and trade him...[/QUOTE]

Why not draft a player you need, develop him and keep him?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4452082]There were so many other players they could have picked based on BAP, need, etc.

I don't understand why they picked him, either. Maybe they're not totally sold on RG3? You can't draft Cousins with the intention of making him a career backup. Can you?[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm no expert, but they made a very valid case for why you just don't do that.

Good thing for RG3 that Cousins doesn't have legion of Buddhist fans rooting for him.

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4452085]No but you can draft him, develop him and trade him...[/QUOTE]

So, this is a play for 3-4 years down the line?

Interesting strategy.

Maybe get a high pick for him in 2016.

:D

_

Veteran
    No.... this is different. THIS is a bad move if your looking for a unified lockeroom.
    What we have going is possibly a completely different kind of disaster. But if it works, it'll be alot of fun to watch how they rotate TT into the game. Maybe come in at H-back for a play and then take a snap so its not keyed on so much. I back Sanchez all the way, but this is what it is.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;4452095]No.... this is different. THIS is a bad move if your looking for a unified lockeroom.
    What we have going is possibly a completely different kind of disaster. But if it works, it'll be alot of fun to watch how they rotate TT into the game. Maybe come in at H-back for a play and then take a snap so its not keyed on so much. I back Sanchez all the way, but this is what it is.[/QUOTE]

Whoa whoa whoa--who mentioned the Jets?

_

[URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/greggrosenthal"][B]gregg rosenthal[/B] ‏ @[B]greggrosenthal[/B] [/URL]
    [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/greggrosenthal"][/URL]John Beck was big story on 3rd day of '11 draft. Redskins leaked he's the guy. 1 year later, he's gone.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4452089]Hey, I'm no expert, but they made a very valid case for why you just don't do that.

Good thing for RG3 that Cousins doesn't have legion of Buddhist fans rooting for him.

_[/QUOTE]

ur sneaky funny....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Peebag;4452116]ur sneaky funny....[/QUOTE]

I tend to fly under the radar.

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4452109][URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/greggrosenthal"][B]gregg rosenthal[/B] ‏ @[B]greggrosenthal[/B] [/URL]
    [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/greggrosenthal"][/URL]John Beck was big story on 3rd day of '11 draft. Redskins leaked he's the guy. 1 year later, he's gone.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the NFL.

[QUOTE=JStokes;4452094]So, this is a play for 3-4 years down the line?

Interesting strategy.

_[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought that didn't make sense either.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4452109][URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/greggrosenthal"][B]gregg rosenthal[/B] ‏ @[B]greggrosenthal[/B] [/URL]
    [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/greggrosenthal"][/URL]John Beck was big story on 3rd day of '11 draft. Redskins leaked he's the guy. 1 year later, he's gone.[/QUOTE]

Yup- just released.

He would be a good backup.

No, wait...

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Herman Kotite and Jaws...

two more excellent reason to watch the draft on NFLN

[QUOTE=JStokes;4452094]So, this is a play for 3-4 years down the line?

Interesting strategy.

_[/QUOTE]

When the Pats did it with Mullet, they were geniuses, to be fair...

Well not really a stupid move at all IMO. They had nothing at QB and burned every bridge in FA. Bringing back an aging Rex or drafting their next BU WAS their only options. Now for the next 4 years they don't have to even look at QBs. From a GM standpoint I'd say he made a good move. Picking Cousins isn't undermining the guy you JUST spent 3 1st rounders on. You think he will actually see Cousins as his competition? I don't think so. Cousins will be a good BU and may have some trade value down the line.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Jaws said Kellen Clemens was the next Drew Brees.

Herm is... Herm.