Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Based on this draft, which guys on the roster does the coaching staff seem high on?

Based on this draft, which guys on the roster does the coaching staff seem high on?

Given that we didn't take an offensive lineman in the first three rounds, I'm thinking the Jets may be content with letting Hunter, Vlad, and Austin Howard compete for the starting spot.

I think we also learned that Rex didn't look to add a Terrell Suggs type player in this draft, and things a fierce front four will open it up for less naturally gifted/aged players like Maybin, Westerman, Sapp, and Pace.

As for the safety position, even though we didn't take anyone, I still think we gun hard for Otogwe or we're going to have some interesting coverage packages when we play Gronk, Hernandez, and the Pats. Or maybe they'e excited about Tracy Wilson?:huh:

Also, as much as I don't like making this observations, taking Hill and the Baylor boys, all who have experience with an option-oriented offense bodes well for Tebow in the long-run.:(

What players did this draft bode well for according to you guys?

Bodes well for Mario Williams.

[QUOTE=Owen Reed;4452482]Bodes well for Mario Williams.[/QUOTE]

We didn't even take a blocking tight end!

We took Bush, but he seems to project as a dimeback/special teamer as opposed to someone who contend for the FS position.

Sadly, it seems like they think highly of Wayne Hunter and Vlad Ducasse and it's looking unlikely that they plan to bring back Jim Leonhard. :(

[QUOTE=jetsman51;4452475]Given that we didn't take an offensive lineman in the first three rounds, I'm thinking the Jets may be content with letting Hunter, Vlad, and Austin Howard compete for the starting spot.

I think we also learned that Rex didn't look to add a Terrell Suggs type player in this draft, and things a fierce front four will open it up for less naturally gifted/aged players like Maybin, Westerman, Sapp, and Pace.

[B]As for the safety position, even though we didn't take anyone[/B], I still think we gun hard for Otogwe or we're going to have some interesting coverage packages when we play Gronk, Hernandez, and the Pats. Or maybe they'e excited about Tracy Wilson?:huh:

Also, as much as I don't like making this observations, taking Hill and the Baylor boys, all who have experience with an option-oriented offense bodes well for Tebow in the long-run.:(

What players did this draft bode well for according to you guys?[/QUOTE]

Uh, we took two safeties today man

All Pro
    Based on the draft I think it's clear we think speed will improve a lot of our problems -- specifically pass blocking issues will be improved by scheme and by having players that take pressure off the line.

Hope they're right.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Maybin, Ducasse, Greene.

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4452630]Uh, we took two safeties today man[/QUOTE]

This post was just after the Bush pick, and before the Allen pick.

Glad I was proven wrong, especially with Allen. Kid can ball.

Coaching staff obviously likes Maybin.

They also must feel pretty good about the TE prospects: Cumberland, Nelson, Hayden Smith

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetsman51;4452475]Given that we didn't take an offensive lineman in the first three rounds, I'm thinking the Jets may be content with letting Hunter, Vlad, and Austin Howard compete for the starting spot.

As for the safety position, even though we didn't take anyone, I still think we gun hard for Otogwe or we're going to have some interesting coverage packages when we play Gronk, Hernandez, and the Pats. Or maybe they'e excited about Tracy Wilson?:huh:

What players did this draft bode well for according to you guys?[/QUOTE]

Antonio Allen at safety in rd 7 was a steal! Tony Pauline liked Josh Bush at safety , three months ago! Jordan White can flat out play at wide receiver and is a terrific route runner! Demario Davis is a beast!

I think the staff likes the guys we have at RT. I hear Austin Howard's name mentioned a lot! At 6ft 8 and 333 the guy sure has nice size.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 04-28-2012 at 08:16 PM.

All League
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4452644]Antonio Allen at safety in rd 7 was a steal! Tony Pauline liked Josh Bush at safety , three months ago! [B][U]Jordan Whits[/U][/B] can flat out play at wide receiver and is a terrific route runner! Demario Davis is a beast!

I think the staff likes the guys we have at RT. I hear Austin Howard's name mentioned a lot! At 6ft 8 and 333 the guy sure has nice size.[/QUOTE]

Who is Jordan Whits? We didn't draft him, and he ain't already on the team, is he?

Hall Of Fame
    Not Shonn Greene.

_

Somebody is going to have to explain our last wr pick....I really don't get it. We already have a long Payne and Scotty McKnight.

[QUOTE=nycuse;4452671]Somebody is going to have to explain our last wr pick....I really don't get it. We already have a long Payne and Scotty McKnight.[/QUOTE]

Payne and McKnight are hot garbage. Patrick Turner is massively overrated by the jets fans and has done dick all.

Kind of reading way too much into the draft if you draw conclusions like this. At least with the early picks, it's pretty clear the Jets plan was to follow a strict BAP approach, so the lack of drafting an RT early isn't a sign that we're "high" on Hunter. It's just a sign that our board thought we could do better elsewheres, so we did.

All League
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4452669]Not Shonn Greene.

_[/QUOTE]Not John Conner

@TheJetsStream
    Tannenbaum on John Conner: "He's on the team for now." Says he'll compete w/other backs for spot. Rex says there is room for traditional FB

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;4452653]Who is Jordan Whits? We didn't draft him, and he ain't already on the team, is he?[/QUOTE]

ever make a mistake ahole

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ozu;4452686]Not John Conner

@TheJetsStream
    Tannenbaum on John Conner: "He's on the team for now." Says he'll compete w/other backs for spot. Rex says there is room for traditional FB[/QUOTE]

Wow. The Hard Knocks legend and Rex's hand-picked FB.

Tebow is playing FB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;4452653]Who is Jordan Whits? We didn't draft him, and he ain't already on the team, is he?[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eDz-CTPar8[/url]