View Poll Results: How do you grade the Jets draft?

Voters
246. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

87 35.37%
  • B

124 50.41%
  • C

30 12.20%
  • D

3 1.22%
  • F

2 0.81%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grade the NYJ 2012 Draft

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Grade the NYJ 2012 Draft

What say you?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    From a draft day persepctive and without seeing anyone of them in a NYJETS uni and on the field.

Id say for discussion purposes a B. Not sure if I liked the Hill trade losing 2 picks, but I like Hill the player who might have been taken if they didnt pull the trigger.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea how to grade a draft of players I never heard of, so I give the Jets an A+!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I say an A-. If the Coples pick ends up working, which I think it might, it goes up to an A.

He addressed as many needs as he could, got players that can play in our system and got some great value at the end of the draft.

This might end up being Tanny's second greatest draft after the draft that netted Revis and Mangold

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we found a way to grab a higher quality T or G earlier I would have gone A. But this is a solid B in my opinion. We seemed to address many needs with great quality/value.

I think we used our picks well and didn't panic or jump around too much. The one time we did, for Hill, I think it was worth it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4452604]I say an A-. If the Coples pick ends up working, which I think it might, it goes up to an A.

He addressed as many needs as he could, got players that can play in our system and got some great value at the end of the draft.

This might end up being Tanny's second greatest draft [B]after the draft that netted Revis and Mangold[/B][/QUOTE]

That was two different years..:confused:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4452604]I say an A-. If the Coples pick ends up working, which I think it might, it goes up to an A.

This might end up being Tanny's second greatest draft after the draft that netted Revis and Mangold[/QUOTE]

Those were 2 different drafts.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4452608]Those were 2 different drafts.[/QUOTE]

SORRY.

(ducks tomatos)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not going to pretent I am any expert and was unsure yesterday about some pick made but in the end it appears they did their homework and took some gambles that were worth taking. Can't complain in the end. Gave them a "A". Yes I am a homer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I voted B, not a bad draft at all. Decastro with our 1st and I would've given it an A.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    4 offensive players

4 defensive players

I like that balance

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't give out As easily, so I'd say this was a B+ draft.

The Jets did an excellent job in this draft, going to help us a lot going into camp.

Improved the pass rush, WR to play opposite Holmes and take the safety out of the box, a speedy LB than can cover, cover and in the box safeties.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    75% of the reason why Sanchez struggled last year was due to our horse**** O-line. So Tanny goes out and drafts 1 guard! So pissed that our O-line is not a focus here. Ground and pound goes no where without a solid blocking line. Any deep threat by Hill or Holmes is negated when Sanchez is on his ass or scrambling in 1.5 seconds. I am a super positive guy when it come to defending the Jets, but I'm a bit surprised here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    B- or C+.

A lot of potential. A lot of potential for disaster.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets addressed some depth issues late which I liked. The biggest problem on defense last year in my opinion was the inability to cover tight ends. We got a few guys who could potentially help in that area with the safeties and Demario Davis. And the 2 top guys have game-breaker potential.

I like it. B+.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4452618]I don't give out As easily, so I'd say this was a B+ draft.

The Jets did an excellent job in this draft, going to help us a lot going into camp.

Improved the pass rush, WR to play opposite Holmes and take the safety out of the box, a speedy LB than can cover, cover and in the box safeties.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was on the B+/A- range, but the Jets got so much value late that it bumped it up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    C, although closer to a B-

I approve of most of the selections, but ignoring the right tackle position (arguably their most glaring need) was enough to lower the overall grade of the draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    B- based on talent acquired... Could easily fall if the top half doesn't pan out...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4452614]I voted B, not a bad draft at all. Decastro with our 1st and I would've given it an A.[/QUOTE]

+1

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I give it a B to B-. Depending on if they bring in a capable starter for RT. I think they failed to address this and are underestimating the problem we have.

I don't see how anybody could give it an A. As much as I LOVE Hill, he and Coples are somewhat unknowns. And drafting unknowns in the 1st and 2nd is risky. Hill hasn't played enough and Coples was up and down. Hopefully we can coach them up. But we have to be realistic.

I would have preferred an OL earlier than the 6th but the 3rd round pick I think was a good pick and the value makes up for it. Instant contributor on STs and he will see some significant playing time on Defense. 3rd downs especially.

I like the Baylor kids. Neither will be a significant contributor this year. Maybe the RB will be but I do not think RG2 will challenge for a spot. I would have preferred them to get a Tackle, but I still like the pick.

The 6th and 7th rounds . . . I am not going to pretend I know these people. I have seen Allen play. I like adding another couple of Safeties to the mix.

I will predict that this will be our best draft OVERALL since 2006. I think the Jets will eventually have at least 4 starters come out of this draft.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 04-28-2012 at 07:32 PM.