Thread: I know..

I know..

I know people are going to go off on Rex here for saying this but I think its funny and I dont think it will matter in the long run.

Rex Ryan on Jets defense for 2012: "I don't want to put undue expectations on our team... So I expect that we'll lead the league."

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4452690]I know people are going to go off on Rex here for saying this but I think its funny and I dont think it will matter in the long run.

Rex Ryan on Jets defense for 2012: "I don't want to put undue expectations on our team... So I expect that we'll lead the league."[/QUOTE]

I love it and I loved his draft! I also expect we will be the #1 defense!

Veteran
    If Rex changes his demeanor now it will be a hit to his psyche and be construed as he was told to shut up. I never had a problem with his predictions but if they don't come to fruition people will and have jumped all over him. The cat is out of the bag.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/Rex-Ryan-Clown.jpg[/IMG]

[I]"If you didn't think I was a clown before, well, now you know."
    --Rex Ryan[/I]

SAR I

That's a major downgrade from the crap he normally spews.

I'd say that anyone who has issues with that is nitpicking. The guy hasn't mentioned Superbowl in months.

What do you want him to say? "We'll be competitive."

You're an NFL franchise in New York. "Competitive" is what Bruce Coslett was.

All League
    I'm pretty sure that was said tongue firmly in cheek.

[QUOTE=John_0515;4452711]That's a major downgrade from the crap he normally spews.

I'd say that anyone who has issues with that is nitpicking. The guy hasn't mentioned Superbowl in months.

What do you want him to say? "We'll be competitive."

You're an NFL franchise in New York. "Competitive" is what Bruce Coslett was.[/QUOTE]

What about---I expect to have a good defense this year? How complex is that and guess what, it doesn't put a target on anybody's back.

Jets Insider VIP
    This message is hidden because rextilleon is on your ignore list.

best JI feature EVER

Rex can't help himself...

and I love him for it.

Thank you JB----Without me, and Sar this is just one big ugly cult!

[QUOTE=JB1089;4452769]Rex can't help himself...

and I love him for it.[/QUOTE]

EPIC WIN

[QUOTE=rextilleon;4452775]Thank you JB----Without me, and Sar this is just one big ugly cult![/QUOTE]

I love Rex, but I also criticize him when I think it's appropriate. One of the things I like about him is the way he carries himself.

bottom line.....just deliver.

[QUOTE=JB1089;4452810]I love Rex, but I also criticize him when I think it's appropriate. One of the things I like about him is the way he carries himself.[/QUOTE]

He carries himself like an adolescent with a touch of narcissistic personality disorder. Not my cup of tea.

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4452690]I know people are going to go off on Rex here for saying this but I think its funny and I dont think it will matter in the long run.

Rex Ryan on Jets defense for 2012: "I don't want to put undue expectations on our team... So I expect that we'll lead the league."[/QUOTE]

How on Earth could anyone criticize Rex for this statement? Sounds like he's poking fun at himself, while staying true to himself at the same time.

Quite honestly, except for some occasions where his anger has gotten the better of him (although flipping the bird to rowdy Dolphins fans is a big fat win), I have zero issues with anything he's said. He says what I think every coach should say.

"We're going to be the best."

As a fan, as a Jets player, that's exactly what I want to hear. I don't want, "We're going to be competitive" or "We're going to try really, really hard." I don't want a coach or a player or a team that goes into the season thinking, "Let's play hard and see what happens." No, don't tell me that's a better mindset than "We're going to play our best, and that will MAKE us the best." It's not trash talking, it's showing that you're confident and passionate, two key ingredients to actually performing at the best of your abilities. So what if that means teams actually show up to play us? What's wrong with a target on our backs? There should be a target on every opponents back every Sunday. If we're the best, if we're going to win the Super Bowl, it won't make a difference.

Jets Insider VIP
    Cmon refuel....rex should say We are gonna stink

So our resident glomy SOJFs can be happy in wallowing in their misery

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sg3;4452763]This message is hidden because rextilleon is on your ignore list.

best JI feature EVER[/QUOTE]

Nobody cares who you have on your ignore list. What are you trying to prove? Why ignore someone, just to quote them. That is three times now. I know I am feeding you, but seriously this is lame.

As for Rex, he can't help himself. But I do not think many people (media) will be listening this year. He is sort of like the boy who cried wolf. After a while, it is just noise.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4452916]He carries himself like an adolescent with a touch of narcissistic personality disorder. Not my cup of tea.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://marketingtomilk.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/pot_calling_kettle_black.jpg?w=529[/IMG]