Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex says Coples and Hill will start.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Rex says Coples and Hill will start.

[url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/04/rex_ryan_says_first-round_pick.html[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4452756][url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/04/rex_ryan_says_first-round_pick.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Always good for rookies to know they have a lock on a starting position before their first camp starts.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4452782]Always good for rookies to know they have a lock on a starting position before their first camp starts.[/QUOTE]

And then there is the antithesis, there are the blown draft picks by the Patriots that wind up being cut 2-3 years after being drafted. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would hope so. Jets are desperate for a WR and someone who can pass rush.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4452786]And then there is the antithesis, there are the blown draft picks by the Patriots that wind up being cut 2-3 years after being drafted. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Do you really think we should get into a pissing match with the New England Patriots. They have basically owned us for awhile with the exception of 2010.......I LOVED THAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4452786]And then there is the antithesis, there are the blown draft picks by the Patriots that wind up being cut 2-3 years after being drafted. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

That's why they are a .500 team since BB took over. Can't draft worth a damn.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4452782]Always good for rookies to know they have a lock on a starting position before their first camp starts.[/QUOTE]

Yes, after all, both of these rookie are proven commodities.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea of a guy earning a job, but one size doesn't fit all. These guys will reach their potential faster with practice and lots of playing time. Wilkerson was handed the job and he did just fine.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watched the press conference. Rex is extremely excited about the defense, you can see it in his mannerisms.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4452793]Do you really think we should get into a pissing match with the New England Patriots. They have basically owned us for awhile with the exception of 2010.......I LOVED THAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!! :D[/QUOTE]

Shut it, I'll do what I want.

The Pats have an awful track record in the draft in recent years, especially the last 5 years, and while their top two picks seem solid, reaching for a S in the 2nd round for a player rated as an UDFA, and then peeing away another 2nd round pick for 3rd and 5th rounders is terrible.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsOptimist;4452806]I like the idea of a guy earning a job, but one size doesn't fit all. These guys will reach their potential faster with practice and lots of playing time. Wilkerson was handed the job and he did just fine.[/QUOTE]

If you read the article, all it says is that Rex expects them to play a lot, to start, and that he'll see how things go from there.

Let's not make it into something it isn't.

Rex said Wilkerson would be a starter last year, that's worked out pretty well so far. Rex also said Wilson would not be a starter, but would have a big role, he seems to nail the role he has visions set for the players added to the team, especially through the draft.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4452819]If you read the article, all it says is that Rex expects them to play a lot, to start, and that he'll see how things go from there.

Rex said Wilkerson would be a starter last year, that's worked out pretty well so far. Rex also said Wilson would not be a starter, but would have a big role, he seems to nail the role he has visions set for the players added to the team, especially through the draft.[/QUOTE]

Where am I disagreeing with you? Barking up the wrong tree.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4452819][B]If you read the article[/B], all it says is that Rex expects them to play a lot, to start, and that he'll see how things go from there.

Rex said Wilkerson would be a starter last year, that's worked out pretty well so far. Rex also said Wilson would not be a starter, but would have a big role, he seems to nail the role he has visions set for the players added to the team, especially through the draft.[/QUOTE]
    If you read the article, it's clear Rex really doesn't know WHAT he's saying. He's all over the place.

That's why I think he should do less talking and more coaching.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He said he "expects" them to start, not will start

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Ryan says first-round pick Quinton Coples and second-round pick Stephen Hill will start

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4452796]That's why they are a .500 team since BB took over. Can't draft worth a damn.[/QUOTE]

Your O-line coach and Tom Brady are the reason the Pats are great.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    whether they start or not who cares...they both are going to play alot..that's all that matters

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4452837]Rex Ryan says first-round pick Quinton Coples and second-round pick Stephen Hill will start[/QUOTE]
    Link?

Rex Ryan was all over the place as to wherther Coples will start.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4452883]whether they start or not who cares...they both are going to play alot..that's all that matters[/QUOTE]

[b]THIS.[/b]

Experience, Experience, and Experience. :yes:

The more they play, the more they'll learn, and the better they'll become.

I just pray Hill AT LEAST becomes as effective for this offense as Braylon was.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, and both Bean Counter and the Clown Mouth said that Hunter was their starting guard---although I get the sense that they are slowly realizing how bad he really is. But its ego for them. They can't make errors. They are perfect.