Thread: Define Ground and Pound

Define Ground and Pound

The guru wants one of the "FANS" to define ground and pound, and just how it works. Please include a section on how you are going to ground and pound against the Ravens, Texans, Dolphins, Steelers etc and other top notch run stopping teams? Could someone else tell me why there will be holes to run through this year, with the upgrading of the line with stars like Hunter and Ducasse. Last but not least, could someone tell me why pretty much every playoff caliber team in the modern day game, uses the pass to set up the run, and desires a QB that can win games with their arm? (Check out the Giants of last year---non existent running game but top notch QB and receivers).

I have the greatest respect for your football knowledge and would love to learn how this works.

The Ravens and 49ers would have been in the Super Bowl if not for some terrible luck.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4452791]The guru wants one of the "FANS" to define ground and pound, and just how it works. Please include a section on how you are going to ground and pound against the Ravens, Texans, Dolphins, Steelers etc and other top notch run stopping teams? Could someone else tell me why there will be holes to run through this year, with the upgrading of the line with stars like Hunter and Ducasse. Last but not least, could someone tell me why pretty much every playoff caliber team in the modern day game, uses the pass to set up the run, and desires a QB that can win games with their arm? (Check out the Giants of last year---non existent running game but top notch QB and receivers).

I have the greatest respect for your football knowledge and would love to learn how this works.[/QUOTE]

:zzz::zzz::zzz:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4452791]The guru...[/QUOTE]

just who might that be?

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4452811]:zzz::zzz::zzz:[/QUOTE]

Wake UP!

Veteran
    Ground and pound is actually refering to running the ball (ground) and play strong defense (pound)

Yes, I know what it means, but how are the Jets going to accomplish it. What has changed besides the coach---have we improved the O-Line? Have we really improved the running backs? Ground and Pound means, we made a mistake with our FRANCHISE QB and this the only thing left for us to do.

Practice Squad
    Run hard - Man blocking - Run a lot
    Pass deep - Pass off play action

Run sets up pass
    Deep routes to free up run

Add in some Wildcat

Add in a QB who is also a threat to run

Play Tough Defense

Check the 09' and 10 seasons

Yes they had a great defense and a very fine offensive line. Do you really think this group is that good?

[QUOTE=rextilleon;4453002]Yes they had a great defense and a very fine offensive line. Do you really think this group is that good?[/QUOTE]

Not as good, but they will be better than last year.

All League
    OP is not looking for real answers, rather sympathetic, like minded belly-aching.

Just to keep the ratio up: "kool-aid kool-aid kool-aid."

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

We have added speed to both sides of the ball. We will be better able to contain on D and punish teams on O that stack the box. That's the plan.

My question is why do the Jets not draft a quality O-Lineman like the Steelers in the 1st or 2nd rounds if "Ground and Pound" is their strategy.

[QUOTE=ScottyMo;4453103]My question is why do the Jets not draft a quality O-Lineman like the Steelers in the 1st or 2nd rounds if "Ground and Pound" is their strategy.[/QUOTE]

that baylor guy can play all the positions on the line except center and he's huge...he is raw but if he makes the team his ability to switch positions will be big for sub sets.

The new o-line coach and offensive scheme will rely less on finesse and trickery(like schitty's calls) that confused our guys and more on straight power play calling. We're going to be playing a version of the old giants offense when parcells was there. We also have guys on the roster who fit the new philosophy better.

On top of that we don't know who gets cut maybe jake long maybe someone else.

We also have loaded up on RB's and then there's tebow and our new deep threat Hill who if things work will keep defenses from stacking the line thus allowing the jets to get more delayed handoffs and straight running plays with more open lanes, with sanchez's excellent play action ability defenses will have to be in react mode more instead of attack all the time mode like last season.