Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few highlights of SS Antonio Allen

A few highlights of SS Antonio Allen

We loved this guy at South Carolina.....Always seemed to make big plays/turnovers in key spots.......I think he's got a shot to get some playing time, and possibly overtake Eric Smith down the road

Here's a few of his highlights:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDrVWcj6NDY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/url]

I know you're glad that we've got a Gamecock on the roster.

Haha....I am very pumped

Not sure why he dropped so low, but hopefully he comes in with a chip on his shoulder....He was a fine player in the SEC, not just being a homer here :D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=King Koopa;4452805]Haha....I am very pumped

Not sure why he dropped so low, but hopefully he comes in with a chip on his shoulder....He was a fine player in the SEC, not just being a homer here :D[/QUOTE]

I read projections sayinghe was the 4th best safety this year. They felt he'd go in rd 3. We lucked out with him in rd 7. Thanks for the video.

All Pro
    He's better than Tavon

Veteran

Not sure why he dropped so low, but hopefully he comes in with a chip on his shoulder....He was a fine player in the SEC, not just being a homer here :D[/QUOTE]

Good for you Koopa, I remember when the Jets signed Steve@water, I was in heaven. My all time favorite Razorback on my favorite team. Special, just special.

Hall Of Fame

At least it was only one Gamecock.;) I can live with that.

I recall he played kind of a hybrid position for the Gamecocks didnt he? Played a lot right behind the LBs and was active in the box. He really wasnt a conventional safety. I guess teams were not sure of where and how he may transition to a FS in the NFL. For where they drafted him, I like the pick, he was damn productive on a pretty good defense. That will be all the nice things I have to say about the Cocks for a while.:D

[QUOTE=RazorJet;4452839]Good for you Koopa, I remember when the Jets signed Steve@water, I was in heaven. My all time favorite Razorback on my favorite team. Special, just special.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't remember one Gamecock fan ever having one thing bad to say about the guy.....A bunch of my gamecock friends were all texting me "nice steal" and no one likes the Jets lol

On a side note, that's a crazy story about Jarius Wright and Greg Childs being high school teammates, teammates at Arkansas, and now drafted in the same round by the Vikings in the NFL......Unreal story, and I think the trio of Arkansas WRs will make an impact

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4452850]At least it was only one Gamecock.;) I can live with that.

I recall he played kind of a hybrid position for the Gamecocks didnt he? Played a lot right behind the LBs and was active in the box. He really wasnt a conventional safety. I guess teams were not sure of where and how he may transition to a FS in the NFL. For where they drafted him, I like the pick, he was damn productive on a pretty good defense. That will be all the nice things I have to say about the Cocks for a while.:D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I could see that....Although I'm sure Rex envisions him in the "Eric Smith role".....Antonio Allen and Damario Davis are both studs at shutting down the tight end which is what we needed

Hey, that's a lot better than what Tajh Boyd had to say about the Gamecocks defense coming into last seasons game, and that didn't work out too well (just messin with ya) :D

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=King Koopa;4452868]Yeah, I don't remember one Gamecock fan ever having one thing bad to say about the guy.....A bunch of my gamecock friends were all texting me "nice steal" and no one likes the Jets lol

On a side note, that's a crazy story about Jarius Wright and Greg Childs being high school teammates, teammates at Arkansas, and now drafted in the same round by the Vikings in the NFL......Unreal story, and I think the trio of Arkansas WRs will make an impact

Yeah, I could see that....Although I'm sure Rex envisions him in the "Eric Smith role".....Antonio Allen and Damario Davis are both studs at shutting down the tight end which is what we needed

[B]Hey, that's a lot better than what Tajh Boyd had to say about the Gamecocks defense coming into last seasons game, and that didn't work out too well (just messin with ya) [/B]:D[/QUOTE]

UUGGGHHH. The thing that annoys me the most about the Clemson players, is that they act like they have won something and are WAYYY better than they really are. Branch was the same way. The most under-achieving bunch of talent in the country. Top ten recruiting classes and nothing to show for it except the most embarrassing BCS lost ever. :mad:

[QUOTE=King Koopa;4452794]We loved this guy at South Carolina.....Always seemed to make big plays/turnovers in key spots.......I think he's got a shot to get some playing time, and possibly overtake Eric Smith down the road

Here's a few of his highlights:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDrVWcj6NDY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/url][/QUOTE]

Nice stuff. Hard not to get excited about AA. Also good blub on the video link:

Antonio Allen had a breakout season for the South Carolina Gamecocks in 2011 at the Spur position. He was the only player in the SEC to finish in the top 10 in all four of these impact stats: tackles (88), interceptions (3), forced fumbles (4) and fumble recoveries (3). :yes:

Practice Squad
    both Ss we drafted are better then Tavon

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4452822]He's better than Tavon[/QUOTE]
    Poppycock!!

Bill Belichick is a genius! BB thinks it's a great pick.Vollmer blah blah blah. Mankins blah blah blah.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4452850]At least it was only one Gamecock.;) I can live with that.

I recall he played kind of a hybrid position for the Gamecocks didnt he? Played a lot right behind the LBs and was active in the box. He really wasnt a conventional safety. I guess teams were not sure of where and how he may transition to a FS in the NFL. For where they drafted him, I like the pick, he was damn productive on a pretty good defense. That will be all the nice things I have to say about the Cocks for a while.:D[/QUOTE]
    You'd think that Markelle Martin was the perfect pick in that spot being that he's the prototypical FS we really need and I think was rated a bit higher.

But i read he has a knee issue (pinched nerve, water on the knee).

Could that have been the difference in the Jets going with Allen?

All League
    Does he have any potential at FS?

All Pro
    sign this beast now

for the jets to wait until the 6th round to draft safeties and come away with those 2 guys, that was fantastic. kudos to tanny for sticking to his board and not blowing a pick in the first 3 rounds on a safety who probably isn't much better than the guys they got.

Hall Of Fame
    I think this was a steal.

I predict he will be starting by mid-season for Eric Smith.

He played the SS/LB hybrid position in college. He seems to be a good tackler.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4452983]You'd think that Markelle Martin was the perfect pick in that spot being that he's the prototypical FS we really need and I think was rated a bit higher.

But i read he has a knee issue (pinched nerve, water on the knee).

Could that have been the difference in the Jets going with Allen?[/QUOTE]

Martin's career shows that he is not much as a tackler. Allen is a hitter and a tackler. he plays with lots of intensity. Markelle could be the best pure cover safety in the draft though. Allen is not far behind. I firmly think we got a steal!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOPyR-8T0Ic[/url]

Love the play at 1:33. He seems to have a nice all around game. Pretty excited about this pick.

[QUOTE=fullblast;4453281][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOPyR-8T0Ic[/url]

Love the play at 1:33. He seems to have a nice all around game. Pretty excited about this pick.[/QUOTE]

This kid has some great film. Other teams seem to be afraid of his spur position, but I think he;ll be a great fit for Rex. I like the additions of him and Demario Davis. SPEED!