Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rex on Hunter: "I believe that Wayne will be have a big year for us."

Rex on Hunter: "I believe that Wayne will be have a big year for us."

Oh Boy!

Wayne Hunter might be the worst starter at any position if the season would start today. I mean think about.

Jets Insider VIP
    Link?

[url]http://www.ganggreennation.com/2012/4/28/2985297/rex-ryan-indicates-wayne-hunter-will-remain-starter-quinton-coples[/url]

Most telling to me, was the Sparano tried to sign Hunter as a free agent, when he was in Miami....he may feel he has more to bring to the table in his schemes, than he was able to last year in Callahan's.

Also sounds like the team is pretty high on Shlauderaff and Austin Howard.

My money would be on us signing Vernon Carey to compete for the starting job though.

All Pro
    Kiss of Death

Jets Insider VIP
    Makes you wonder...
    Do the coaches take drug tests?

Apparently not. :(

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

STFU Rex

The Mouth never learns---he is such an egomaniac that he thinks he can will a below average player to greatness.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4453001]The Mouth never learns---he is such an egomaniac that he thinks he can will a below average player to greatness.[/QUOTE]

Yes he talks too much, but I'm pretty sure even HE knows that Hunter is a [B]tackle[/B] and not a [B]guard.[/B]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4452997]STFU Rex[/QUOTE]

Kemp walk-off homer in the 10th after Dodgers rallied for 2 in the bottom of the 9th.

[QUOTE=rextilleon;4453001]The Mouth never learns---he is such an egomaniac that he thinks he can will a below average player to greatness.[/QUOTE]

Nonsense. Rex said he believes a player on the team will have a big year. Why does this surprise anyone, and why is there anything wrong with it?

It has nothing to do with "willing" sub-par players. The conspiracy theories that crop up on this board are worse sometimes than the fairy tales the media make up.

Sanchez running for his life in 2012 confirmed. Thank you, Wayne "Revolving Door" Hunter.

As long as his rump is on the bench all year he will have a big year for us.

[QUOTE=Montana;4452954]Most telling to me, was the Sparano tried to sign Hunter as a free agent, when he was in Miami....he may feel he has more to bring to the table in his schemes, than he was able to last year in Callahan's.

Also sounds like the team is pretty high on Shlauderaff and Austin Howard.

My money would be on us signing Vernon Carey to compete for the starting job though.[/QUOTE]

I would feel a little better if the Jets signed Cary as insurance. A LITTLE.

But Sparano and Tannenbaum better be right on this one.

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/Rex-Ryan-Clown.jpg[/IMG]

Forget the Ground & Pound.

It's the Clown & Frown.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    OK. Here is my take.

First of all, Rex's English is really bad or you are misquoting him.

I don't give a sh!t if Hunter turns into a Pro Bowler this year under Sparano. Going into training camp with Hunter and Vlad as your options for RT is asinine. It is negligent. I don't care if they get lucky and he plays better. It will still be the wrong decision.

You cannot take chances like this. Hunter and Vlad have shown nothing to prove that they can be starters in this league. Hunter's stint filling in for Woody was admirable but he has a much more larger sample size of futility than success. He may have ruined Sanchez' career last year.

I hope Rex and Sparano stop thinking they are geniuses that can fix every player and just accept Hunter for what he is. He was a career backup before he came to the Jets who never made a single start. That was for a reason. 32 teams didn't miss on this guy. He isn't a hidden gem.

No matter how this turns out, it is a very dangerous gamble that should never be taken. Even if it does pay off.

We need to bring in a veteran that can start at RT for us.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4453113]OK. Here is my take.

First of all, Rex's English is really bad or you are misquoting him.

I don't give a sh!t if Hunter turns into a Pro Bowler this year under Sparano. Going into training camp with Hunter and Vlad as your options for RT is asinine. It is negligent. I don't care if they get lucky and he plays better. It will still be the wrong decision.

You cannot take chances like this. Hunter and Vlad have shown nothing to prove that they can be starters in this league. Hunter's stint filling in for Woody was admirable but he has a much more larger sample size of futility than success. He may have ruined Sanchez' career last year.

I hope Rex and Sparano stop thinking they are geniuses that can fix every player and just accept Hunter for what he is. He was a career backup before he came to the Jets who never made a single start. That was for a reason. 32 teams didn't miss on this guy. He isn't a hidden gem.

No matter how this turns out, it is a very dangerous gamble that should never be taken. Even if it does pay off.

We need to bring in a veteran that can start at RT for us.[/QUOTE]

yeah, but instead of reaching for an average RT or signing one to an insane contract, they drafted bap and filled a lot of needs. if rt is the only glaring need after they lucked into antonio allen and got a guard to groom late in the draft, well, that's pretty good.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4453114]yeah, but instead of reaching for an average RT or signing one to an insane contract, they drafted bap and filled a lot of needs. if rt is the only glaring need after they lucked into antonio allen and got a guard to groom late in the draft, well, that's pretty good.[/QUOTE]

I agree. But the RT basically ruined our offense last season.

We are a win now team. Not in a position to groom Hunter's replacement.

We need a starting RT. Like really need one. I wanted to take on in the draft and not have to worry. They didn't. OK, but how do they plan to address it? Are they going to sign a veteran? Or are they going to rely on Sparano's fairy dust? Sparano isn't as great an OL coach as everyone claims. The Dolphins line sucked and he got fired. It isn't like they Jets acquired some HoF coach.