Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan's weight loss

I like this guy, it's a change from the negative, sky is falling crowd. stick around

All Pro
    Welcome. I like your positive energy. I often wonder why so many folks maintain their interest in the team if all they can do is spew negative reactions to every move made by the team. At some point I realized that they would just find some other interest to be ultra-negative about.

Tebow has grown on me and I think he is a genuinely good guy but I hope Sanchez plays well enough to keep him off the field, except in wildcat situations (or maybe as FB or TE).

And Rex has lost ninety lbs. Not too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    I like this guy, it's a change from the negative, sky is falling crowd. stick around

the tebow freaks are coming....this draft was such a feel good thing, NFLN Barely mentioned Tebow and when they did they mentioned him in scheme not as a starter then they went about their business now the feel good is being taken away as the tebow freaks arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetnoob View Post
    so , in order to be a Jets fan , I have to be a fan of the entire team, and it is not allowed to be a Jets fan just because of one player.. is that it ?
    as long as youre not sitting in the stadium chanting for tebow, it is all good

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You guys are way too easy. I think this is somebody who created a second account.

Stop taking the bait. Can't you ever just ignore a Tebow v Sanchez debate? I promise if people stop fighting the Tebow lovers, they will go away.

Besides, Tebow is the best thing to ever happen to this site for Sean.
    This

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Welcome aboard. Glad to see some enthusiasm on here for once.
    What's the over/under in posts of that lasting?

Practice Squad
    I like Tebow and will of course root for him when he is in the game, which I hope is NOT to often. Having said that, the problem with these Tebowbots is that I believe they will root for Sanchez to fail, so Tebow will start. That is where we part ways, sorry.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    Quite an opposite, they are welcome addition and good counterweight to "sky is falling" SOJ crowd.
    As much as I loath to another season at the circus, I totally agree with this. The posts from Gloom-and-Doom SOJers are getting real old. It's about time we get SOMEONE with a shred of optimism around here.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Noticed right off the bat, the coach is lighter.. a LOT lighter.

New guy here, well I have been lurking for a while..

I can safely say the last time I rooted for the Jets was when Joe Willie left Bama and was a Super Bowl winning Jet.

Of course I was on the First National Bank Cowboys, and my coach had just finished a tour in 'Nam.. so it was a while back.

I am here for the Tebow, plain and simple.

I am a little dismayed at the intense hate for the Jets some of you have..seriously, when I have gotten that disenchanted with a team (like the season tickets for the Suckaneers I threw out the window ten years ago) I just quit wasting my time on them.. people change.

This year is going to be an excellent year for the JETS ..I predict the Patriots will wish they pulled the trigger on Tim when they tried to draft the entire Gator offense years ago.. LOL.. back when they were paying attention when the kid took the Gators on a 22 win streak.

I wonder what the Jets fan base would do with a 22 game winning streak..it sure shocked all of us.

Glad to see Coach Ryan lose weight.. 90 lbs.. WOW.

I thought you were here for Rex Ryan's weight loss.

I am looking forward to Tim Tebow pushing Mark Sanchez out and done..

He was a non winner at USC and he is a non winner at the NFL.

Tim, on the other hand, ran a TD and threw a TD against Ohio as a freshman in the BCS CG ..while Eddie George boo hooed on the sideline for his precious O H I O buckeyes..

Then , I watched him lead his team on a 22 game winning streak..and leave Sam Bradford speechless on the sidelines..in fact, Sam looked a little like
    Mark did when Tim ran that TD against the Jets last year..of course, I am used to that look, I watched it on the faces of Cam Newton while he was Tim's understudy and I watched it on Matt Staffords face when Florida buried Georgia..and I watched it on , etc. etc. etc..

You Jets fans just don't know it yet, but this is Tim Tebow's team..sry.
    For those who cannot understand why my point of view on my favorite team and website has changed I give you this. Why in the world did we trade for Tebow when we had a work in progress who has had success in Sanchez? Unreal.

But hey, its all about the positive, right? No criticizing the Jets and what they've become with Tebow-mania.

So welcome Jetsnoob, Im sure they'll be hundreds more of you that come around here............
    Last edited by copernicus; 04-29-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maddbaron View Post
    the tebow freaks are coming....this draft was such a feel good thing, NFLN Barely mentioned Tebow and when they did they mentioned him in scheme not as a starter then they went about their business now the feel good is being taken away as the tebow freaks arrive.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post
    yes that is the definition of a Jets fan....
    Exactly. We want FANS here, not fanboys.

Hall Of Fame
    Noticed right off the bat, the coach is lighter.. a LOT lighter.

New guy here, well I have been lurking for a while..

I can safely say the last time I rooted for the Jets was when Joe Willie left Bama and was a Super Bowl winning Jet.

Of course I was on the First National Bank Cowboys, and my coach had just finished a tour in 'Nam.. so it was a while back.

I am here for the Tebow, plain and simple.

I am a little dismayed at the intense hate for the Jets some of you have..seriously, when I have gotten that disenchanted with a team (like the season tickets for the Suckaneers I threw out the window ten years ago) I just quit wasting my time on them.. people change.

This year is going to be an excellent year for the JETS ..I predict the Patriots will wish they pulled the trigger on Tim when they tried to draft the entire Gator offense years ago.. LOL.. back when they were paying attention when the kid took the Gators on a 22 win streak.

I wonder what the Jets fan base would do with a 22 game winning streak..it sure shocked all of us.

Glad to see Coach Ryan lose weight.. 90 lbs.. WOW.
    So you quit on the teams you root for after adversity, and you are going to tell us how we are bad fans if we criticize the Jets. Great, I am sure we all cant wait for you to tell us how to be fans.

Bewildered Beast
    I guess I am confused, most of the people on this forum hate the Jets..and they hate the coaches, and they hate Tim Tebow..and Sanchez..

There are like two people who barely like Sanchez, two that barely can stand Tannenbaum, and one or maybe two that like Rex Ryan..

Yet, this is a JEts fan forum, right ?

Think I will go back to lurking.. it is much easier that way..

btw, Rex Ryan is smarter than John Elway.. a lot smarter about football.. and your new boy, TT.. made a 22 game winning streak run in the toughest football
    conference in America the SEC.. don't underestimate the kid, it looks like Ryan and the GM are getting the grip on it, adding a triple option running back and WR...

I'll be back when we beat the Patriots.
    Lol; dude where in the world do you call home? Move to Jackson Heights or Washington Heights for 3 months, and then you will understand. Take it with a grain of salt - if time and money are being spent to follow this team, that's all the "signs of love" needed.

Tell you what chief

Tim Tebow better come in here like its his last shot; he's the one that better come in with his nuts strapped up tight, because we have SEEN enough second comings to know a true "savior" IMMEDIATELY.

Better get to NYC boss, if you want to be a real Jets fan (and get all the other awsum circus treats in that bag).

Dude!

Bewildered Beast
    Oh and for all this bs about being JEts fans without having favorite players, give me a break..

and for all this bs about college being different than the NFL, ask Luck and RG3 if college don't count.

Tim has a monster arm, and Reilly Cooper, Percy Harvin and Arron Hernandez, David Nelson can all attest to that, in fact were it not for TT's arm , none of those guys would have a job in the NFL today.

So, does anyone give a rats butt about Ryan losing almost a bill in flab ?

I bet his heart thinks someone cut his legs off..
    Pretty thin skin for a "winner"; take your BS somewhere else. I'm not long for reading this garbage, so maybe leave your coat on.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Pretty thin skin for a "winner"; take your BS somewhere else. I'm not long for reading this garbage, so maybe leave your coat on.
    You have the power, make it happen.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    For those who cannot understand why my point of view on my favorite team and website has changed I give you this. Why in the world did we trade for Tebow when we had a work in progress who has had success in Sanchez? Unreal.

But hey, its all about the positive, right? No criticizing the Jets and what they've become with Tebow-mania.

So welcome Jetsnoob, Im sure they'll be hundreds more of you that come around here............
    It's like I don't even know who you are any more; I have never seen u so emo. Add the Teboners and it's too crazy

I like Fat Rexy.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    nobody old enough to have seen Joe Willy play uses the word "noob".

this is a put on.