Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rex Ryan's weight loss

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetnoob View Post
    so , in order to be a Jets fan , I have to be a fan of the entire team, and it is not allowed to be a Jets fan just because of one player.. is that it ?
    That's exactly it. We already had our Pennington. Never Again.

Jets Insider VIP
    I am looking forward to Tim Tebow pushing Mark Sanchez out and done..

He was a non winner at USC and he is a non winner at the NFL.

Tim, on the other hand, ran a TD and threw a TD against Ohio as a freshman in the BCS CG ..while Eddie George boo hooed on the sideline for his precious O H I O buckeyes..

Then , I watched him lead his team on a 22 game winning streak..and leave Sam Bradford speechless on the sidelines..in fact, Sam looked a little like
    Mark did when Tim ran that TD against the Jets last year..of course, I am used to that look, I watched it on the faces of Cam Newton while he was Tim's understudy and I watched it on Matt Staffords face when Florida buried Georgia..and I watched it on , etc. etc. etc..

You Jets fans just don't know it yet, but this is Tim Tebow's team..sry.

This is what I was warning everyone about. Rabid born again southerners.

Yeah how'd throwing those season tickets out feel when the bucs won the superbowl.

We need more Jets fans, not more Tebots.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveInNNJ View Post
    Second that. I think we should have traded up for TR, but well ... I like Hill.
    That said, I think Shonne Greene is the most top-heavy, weak kneed RB in the league. IF you look at him funny, he falls down. Not an endearing quality in a RunningBack.

Tebow stared down the Jets defense and ran 20 yard touchdown in a must win game. I saw Revis pull up from hitting Tebow in that game; and Tebow scrounge the first down. I saw Tebow ... welll you get the point. He is the best running back on the team and clearly has a stronger arm than Sanchez.

Sanchez had two years 2009 and 2010 with a top five D and a top 5 rushing game (which means we had top five run support on both sides). And he blew the opportunity.
    He played pretty damn well in both AFC championship games. He certainly didn't caust us the game. That top 5 D and greene getting hurt did.

Jets Insider VIP
    Browning Nagle and Ryan Leaf also had cannon arms stronger than Sanchez

they, like Tebow, were also inadequate NFL starting quarterbacks

summary

Better than Brunell as the backup

Better than Kerley/Tomlinson at wildcat, maybe better than Smith

beyond that

BUPKUS

All League
    Why do you all have to attack the guy? Welcome aboard, pay no mind to the retards.

He decided to join JI for one reason or another, and he's not a troll. So that's fine with me.

All League
    After reading through most of the thread, maybe he is a troll. LOL

Veteran

He was a non winner at USC and he is a non winner at the NFL.

You Jets fans just don't know it yet, but this is Tim Tebow's team..sry.

Speechless

Jets Insider VIP
    I thought the most telling comment was that "Sanchez was a non-winner at USC"

I seem to remember that in 2008, that non-winner took his team to a number 5 ranking and then to the Rose Bowl where he and USC defeated Penn State...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys4mys9EYtY

but maybe I "misremembered

Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    After reading through most of the thread, maybe he is a troll. LOL

Rooting for the starting QB to fail. You are not a Jet fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post
    Hey

Goodbye.

This is a jets board. not a tim tebow board.

you can talk abut tim all you want here: http://www.topix.com/forum/football-players/tim-tebow

enjoy!

ha ha thanks for setting him straight. I checked out that board - the first post was 'Manning getting hurt in Denver would be sweet justice'. Nice. Must have come from a good Christian poster.

All League

Think I will go back to lurking.. it is much easier that way..
    Easier for us too.

Rex Ryan is smarter than John Elway.. a lot smarter about football..
    I trust Elway more with the offense. In fact, I don't trust Rex at all with it.

Rex is a glorified D-Coordinator wearing larger epaulets.

Outside of defense he knows nothing but food.

Doesn't even know his locker room.

The fact that the OL wasn't revamped after a scrappy '09, catastrophic '10, and a gravely unacceptable '11, gives reason to believe that Rex and staff don't grasp the offense.

I predict a .500 soap opera season with the usual dose of unfair blame on you-know-who.

Thank god the draft is over so we can get back to these stimulating 24 hour non-stop teblow threads

The thread title was bait and switch, doesn't that make it dump candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Easier for us too.

I trust Elway more with the offense. In fact, I don't trust Rex at all with it.

Rex is a glorified D-Coordinator wearing larger epaulets.

Outside of defense he knows nothing but food.

Doesn't even know his locker room.

The fact that the OL wasn't revamped after a scrappy '09, catastrophic '10, and a gravely unacceptable '11, gives reason to believe that Rex and staff don't grasp the offense.

I predict a .500 soap opera season with the usual dose of unfair blame on you-know-who.
    It amazes me that because the OL doesn't have 5 pro bowlers on it, Rex and co get this much heat. Sometimes you need to count on guys you've been grooming, comes with its lumps. I'm sure we'll all have a a better indication of our RT situation when TC and pre-season roles around. Also, you seem to forget that veteran o-lineman get cut in pre-season quite a bit. Pete Kendall being the best example for us. Gurode was an example of one last year. Patience man, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I thought the most telling comment was that "Sanchez was a non-winner at USC"

I seem to remember that in 2008, that non-winner took his team to a number 5 ranking and then to the Rose Bowl where he and USC defeated Penn State...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys4mys9EYtY

but maybe I "misremembered

Same year Tebow and the Gators beat the Sooners for the BCS title..and a crystal football..
    Do they get a bouquet of roses in the Rose Bowl ?

Mark ranked behind Tim then.. maybe now too.

Most Passing Yardage in a BCS Bowl Game: Tebow threw for 482 yards in the 2010 Sugar Bowl.
    Last edited by Jetnoob; 05-02-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Hey, I want to be a Jets fan, I do.. in fact, I was probably a Jets fan long before most of you were sucking air.... but it's impossible around here with the
    entrance examination..

Goes like this:

1) Do you love Mark Sanchez, even though we hate him, and he sucks ? Answer must be yes, or risk being hated and scorned forever.

2) You must hate Tim Tebow , even though we have never reviewed any of his play in an unbiased way, and most of us never heard of the guy till he stomped into our endzone. Answer must be yes, or risk being hated and scorned forever.

3) If you don't love Mark Sanchez, you don't know anything about football, and if you like Tim Tebow you are an ignorant slut, Jane.

Is that about right ?
    \

Thats why this place rules man. Its been so long since the Jets had a winning team, the fans forget how to be fans.

Quote Originally Posted by MACPAC View Post
    \

Thats why this place rules man. Its been so long since the Jets had a winning team, the fans forget how to be fans.

yeah, well the pats suck.. your boy Brady is gonna love QC's hot breath on his neck.

I trust Elway more with the offense.
    I trust Elway to worry about his cosmetic surgery and his restaurant appeal, while the donkeys enjoy a year of finding out what they have, a year of talking about doing something about it, and a year of *Mannings last year*..
    I predict you will complain regardless of what happens.