Thread: Im love with this draft, just giddy...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Im love with this draft, just giddy...

I dont remember ever been so high about a Jets draft before. Getting Steed as an udfa has me even more pumped.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    A nice draft is good, but the players have to gel with the rest of the team. This team could be great, or just like last year.

Being giddy over a draft is fine, but there's a lot of work to do before Mario Williams and company arrive.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    beyond giddy!
    pass rusher = check
    legit deep threat = check
    safety = half a check
    oline = eh

best potential draft in years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheOne;4453205]beyond giddy!
    pass rusher = check
    safety = half a check
    oline = eh

best potential draft in years.[/QUOTE]

WE NEED more OLINE......or Mark will be killed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4453210]WE NEED more OLINE......or Mark will be killed.[/QUOTE]

maybe when Sanchez learns how to get rid of the ball a bit quicker, he won't get hit so much! As far as the OL goes: we have four guys ready to fight for the RT position. Vlad, Austin Howard, Dennis Landolt, Caleb Schlauderaff. Now we signed an UDFA from Utah as well. I think Vlad will become a force with a full training camp, ota s and mini camps under his belt in a simplified scheme run by Sparano. Who is to say that HUNTER won't improve? Incidentally didn't BRICK allow more sacks then Hunter last year!

I agree with SLIK though. This is a REX RYAN type draft and it is making me very confident in our team. It smacks of toughness, speed and intensity from top to bottom. Now UDFAs like STEED & Fletcher join us and we are really building something here.

Antonio Allen in RD 7 is in my opinion : a steal! This guy can flat out play! Then throw in Demario, Coples, and our team speed and hitting intensity goes up several notches! Opening the center of the field with a burner like HILL is all important for the run game we are going to use as our bread and butter!

Its a great time to be a JETS fan! The Bills and Pats have also improved and its going to be a great , hard fought season filled with great games! The AFCE rules!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 04-29-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, it's as if someone finally listened, and we got all the type of players we need....

1. Replace Pryce/Jenkins/Ellis for the standard pass rush - Coples - that interior rush up the middle was missing all last year.

2. Add speed to cover backs & TEs in space - D.Davis / J. Bush - remember what Braylon tweeted (& then deleted) last year when he knew he wasn't coming back to the Jets? - 'hey green, better get backers that can cover in space' - or something like that. i think we all know what he was referring to now.

3. Add a deep threat, speed, & red zone target at WR who can block - S. Hill & Schilens

4. Add RB depth in case Greene gets injured - Ganaway

5. Add OL depth - Griffin and Rex made it clear they like some of the young guys.

6. Add OT to challenge Hunter - not addressed, but if you read b/t the lines to what Rex & co. are saying i think its clear. They keep saying that Wayne will be better this year. That, some times, players get a worse rap then they deserve. To me, that means that Rex & co. feel that Schotty put Hunter in bad positions leaving him on an island against the best pass rushers. Sparano won't do that, and Hunter won't be nearly as bad.

7. Add playmakers on offense - S.Hill, Tebow.

8. Add speed on Special Teams - D.Davis, J. Bush, A. Allen.

9. Add S depth - J. Bush, A.Allen

10. Add OLB depth - Rex answered this in the presser. Same as the OL, they like their young guys.

So far, I think we can say that we nailed nearly everything, and then some. We improved speed on both sides of the ball to complement our current roster. All that's left is for these rookies to show how much contribute.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, very happy.

This is the first draft in a while where there wasn't a real head-scratcher (notwithstanding the Coples Ingram drama).

Actually really interested in what this Davis kid brings to the LB corp.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4453210]WE NEED more OLINE......or Mark will be killed.[/QUOTE]

Don't completely S**t on the o-line just yet.

I am not going to say Sanchez had a great year. But watch some games over. Holmes was NEVER open. Burress was too lazy to get open. He was forcing balls trying to make plays, and he was hanging onto the football FAR too long.

But....Stephen Hill is going to change that. So will Braylon if he is brought in. This could be REAL interesting this season. Real interesting.......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheOne;4453205]beyond giddy!
    pass rusher = check
    safety = half a check
    oline = eh

best potential draft in years.[/QUOTE]

awesome draft! I'd give safety a full check, JMO...oline agreed....either the jets really believe in Ducasse/Hunter or they plan on making a move leading up to training camp.

I'm willing to take a serious look at Ducasse in TC and preseason though. I haven't written him off yet.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    i was giddy at the brick/mangold draft too... despite the boar hunter. our 4th round was gold that year too... Leon Washington, Brad Smith...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MadCroatian;4453591]i was giddy at the brick/mangold draft too... despite the boar hunter. our 4th round was gold that year too... Leon Washington, Brad Smith...[/QUOTE]

i think this will be the equivalent on the defensive side of the ball, which i think is pretty much what you are saying...so i guess i could just say i agree

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the jets have certainly loaded up on defense in the past few drafts. as for this draft, no complaints. they filled a lot of holes or got really good depth. can't wait for august.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4453050]A nice draft is good, but the players have to gel with the rest of the team. This team could be great, or just like last year.

Being giddy over a draft is fine, but there's a lot of work to do before [B]Mario Williams and company arrive[/B].[/QUOTE]

Bills are improved. They had a really nice draft.

BTW, Who is blocking Super Mario?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    the fact is that more than half the players from this draft won't succeed where they're drafted. if 2 or 3 of our picks succeed it will be a good draft. just don't know yet which 2 or 3 it will be.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4453050]A nice draft is good, but the players have to gel with the rest of the team. This team could be great, or just like last year.

Being giddy over a draft is fine, but there's a lot of work to do before Mario Williams and company arrive.[/QUOTE]

The Bills have definitely had a strong offseason. But I also am not going to shake in my boots until they put it together on the field.

We've seem numerous times teams go all out in the offseason and just not put it together on the field.

As recently as the 2011 Eagles, which is recent proof that sometimes too many new pieces is actually detrimental.