Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demario Davis to play right away in passing situations...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice

Demario Davis to play right away in passing situations...

Jets No. 77 overall pick LB Demario Davis is expected to contribute immediately on obvious passing downs.
    ILB Bart Scott generally comes off the field on passing downs, which is where Davis is expected to step in. Jets' management admitted that Davis' speed (reported 4.49 40-yard dash) was appealing. The rookie should do most of his damage on special teams in 2012, but it's clear he has an opportunity to carve out a part-time role on defense.

[URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?r=1"]http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?r=1[/URL]

I want more of a part-time role for this kid. He's a hitter, he's fast, and can stick TEs.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [QUOTE=51JetsFanInPA;4453277]I want more of a part-time role for this kid. He's a hitter, he's fast, and can stick TEs.[/QUOTE]

I think, with his speed, he'd be a pretty good blitzer off the edge too.

Davis & Maybin blitzing on the same play would be an awful lot of speed for any offensive line to contend with....

absolutely.

It's also been reported Rex asked players to lose weight in an effort to come back quicker/faster...Bart said he is down into the 235LB range..

Hall Of Fame
    Of all our picks, I am probably most intrigued by this guy.

Sure Coples and Hill we're all hoping to be studs, but there is something about the way this guy plays could be a LOT of fun to watch.

To be fair, I've only seen the highlight tapes, and read his reviews, but he does look like a violent guy.

I like that in my LBers :D

_

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4453300]Of all our picks, I am probably most intrigued by this guy.

Sure Coples and Hill we're all hoping to be studs, but there is something about the way this guy plays could be a LOT of fun to watch.

To be fair, I've only seen the highlight tapes, and read his reviews, [B]but he does look like a violent guy.[/B]

I like that in my LBers :D

_[/QUOTE]

:yes: :yes:

[QUOTE=51JetsFanInPA;4453277]I want more of a part-time role for this kid. He's a hitter, he's fast, and can stick TEs.[/QUOTE]

Free Demario!

Ray Lucas doesant think so...:D

Super DeMario. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4453481]Super DeMario. :yes:[/QUOTE]
    Or Super De-duper Demario.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=tfine350z;4453471]Ray Lucas doesant think so...:D[/QUOTE]

Ray Lucas is becoming just as big a media-whore as Cimini. He's in love with hearing himself talk. I'm surprised, I used to like him..... he's clearly forgotten where he came from, though.... he was a ST player that was told he could never play QB in the NFL..... now he's become the guy that tells all of us who can and cannot play in the NFL........ just another media sellout, more concerned with sensationalism than facts. All the scouting reports I have read say that he can cover TEs and slot WRs, which he has done in college..... my eyeballs tell me that he has the speed to do it, and my brain tells me that he will be COACHED to do so. I have to believe the Jets coaching staff is better than the one at Arkansas St.

[QUOTE=Laxman;4453493]Ray Lucas is becoming just as big a media-whore as Cimini. He's in love with hearing himself talk. I'm surprised, I used to like him..... he's clearly forgotten where he came from, though.... he was a ST player that was told he could never play QB in the NFL..... now he's become the guy that tells all of us who can and cannot play in the NFL........ just another media sellout, more concerned with sensationalism than facts. All the scouting reports I have read say that he can cover TEs and slot WRs, which he has done in college..... my eyeballs tell me that he has the speed to do it, and my brain tells me that he will be COACHED to do so. I have to believe the Jets coaching staff is better than the one at Arkansas St.[/QUOTE]

Give Ray a break hes so high on pain killers I doubt he knows what he says half the time.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4453285]absolutely.

It's also been reported Rex asked players to lose weight in an effort to come back quicker/faster...Bart said he is down into the 235LB range..[/QUOTE]

Im not sure if I like this.

One of the benefits to Scott was that he ate up a lot of blockers for Harris.

I don't know why we are messing with Scott so much. Just let him be him on 1st and 2nd down and then he comes off on 3rd downs.

Pace and BT needed to get faster on defense. Not sure how BT is going to do that with his Achilles. On offense I think he was talking about Greene, Mangold and Holmes. They all appeared to be a little softer last season. Towards the end of the year Mangold worked himself into shape and was playing great.

Love it. We needed someone to cover tight ends in space and hopefully we found him.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4453496]Give Ray a break hes so high on pain killers I doubt he knows what he says half the time.[/QUOTE]

The way Ray Lucas talks youd think hes won 5 superbowls for the Jets..lmao

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

From the few clips I've seen he reminds me of a more powerful version of Vilma. Davis and Harris should complement each other well

[QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;4453280]I think, with his speed, he'd be a pretty good blitzer off the edge too.

Davis & Maybin blitzing on the same play would be an awful lot of speed for any offensive line to contend with....[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I have a really good feeling about this guy. If Coples plays out like the Jets organization thinks he'd be, then the Jets might have had one of the best drafts in a long time.

I'm really, really high on DeMario Davis, Stephen Hill, and Terrance Ganaway.

[QUOTE=tfine350z;4453519]The way Ray Lucas talks youd think hes won 5 superbowls for the Jets..lmao[/QUOTE]

And was a HOF player and talent scout

Jets Insider VIP
    Won't be long before he's starting next to Harris. Scott's days are numbered (as if they weren't already).

[QUOTE=C Mart;4453537]And was a HOF player and talent scout[/QUOTE]

I still remember his ***** ass was crying when we beat the Fins in 02 lol.....Go back to Miami dolfag!!!!!!