Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Jobs great innovator

Steve Jobs great innovator

Did Jobs tell any of the sitting Presidents how he made sure he F'd his country any and every way his company could?

[QUOTE]• Apple’s federal tax bill was $3.3 billion on reported profits of $34.2 billion last year, a tax rate of 9.8%;

• Apple allocates 70% of its profits outside the U.S. note that the value is created in the US, but the low end manufacturing is overseas.

• A Nevada shell company let’s Apple’s U.S. business sidestep California state taxes. California corporate tax rate = 8.84%, while Nevada = 0%.

• California gives tax credits to Apple for conducting R&D in the state worht more* $400 million since 1996;

•* The “Double Irish With A Dutch Sandwich” routes royalties and profits through Ireland and the Netherlands and the Caribbean. On paper, Ireland “generated” one-third of Apple’s revenue last year.

•* Salespeople working in high-tax countries are employed by subsidiaries in low-tax countries.

• iTunes sales “happen” in Luxembourg -- a tax dodge with local incentives. In 2011, iTunes S.à r.l.’s revenue exceeded $1 billion[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KscYtJH988E[/url]

:jets17

How did you get banned at TFY? It's a good site.

[QUOTE=Ernie;4456706]How did you get banned at TFY? It's a good site.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I never posted in there. You gotta ask the bald wanna be scout.
    Last edited by cr726; 05-01-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=cr726;4453598]Did Jobs tell any of the sitting Presidents how he made sure he F'd his country any and every way his company could?[/QUOTE]

Ironic in that we have a sitting president who is making sure he is F'ing his country any and every way he can.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4456761]Ironic in that we have a sitting president who is making sure he is F'ing his country any and every way he can.[/QUOTE]

Except he isn't.

But it's nice to suppose that he is.

Everyone is still posting here, huh? Still have your house? Your car? Your job?

Yeah. I guess Obama hasn't "destroyed" as much as everyone says he has.

9/11 was an inside job and all....Obama destroyed America...the moon landing was faked...a shooter was on the grassy knoll...

[QUOTE=shakin318;4456761]Ironic in that we have a sitting president who is making sure he is F'ing his country any and every way he can.[/QUOTE]

The end of times!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Hey, you guys can feel free to believe what you want, and vote for the guy who promised in his own words to "fundamentally transform" the greatest country in our world's history, and is doing it.

[QUOTE=shakin318;4457003]Hey, you guys can feel free to believe what you want, and vote for the guy who promised in his own words to "fundamentally transform" the greatest country in our world's history, and is doing it.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's me and PK, go back and read our posts and that was exactly what we were saying during the election! Obama is going to change the WORLD!!!!! :rolleyes:

Your views are shared by Newt Gingrich and look how well he is doing. We get it your opinions are always dead on and we are just too dense to understand how you, Palmetto and CPA are always right.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=cr726;4457014]Yup, that's me and PK, go back and read our posts and that was exactly what we were saying during the election! Obama is going to change the WORLD!!!!! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Uh, yeah....wherever did I get that idea?

[IMG]http://ttoes.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/obama_change_x_framed__poster.jpg[/IMG]

By the way, I had no idea you and PK are considered a unit here on JI. Does he know?

what steve jobs did is not illegal and thats what every corp does anyway.

what amazes me are the so called lovers of this country who support this and seem to be oblivious to the blatantly obvious unfairness and legal cheating that is widespread

Jets Insider VIP
    America has the highest corporate tax rates in the world now. Is it surprising that companies would do what they can to protect their money especially considering that it is a world-wide company? I am sure if you were Apple's CEO or CFO you would be volunteering to pay as much as possible.

[QUOTE=Trades;4457121]America has the highest corporate tax rates in the world now. Is it surprising that companies would do what they can to protect their money especially considering that it is a world-wide company? I am sure if you were Apple's CEO or CFO you would be volunteering to pay as much as possible.[/QUOTE]

Yet, they reside in the USA and brag about being an American company?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cr726;4457135]Yet, they reside in the USA and brag about being an American company?[/QUOTE]

They brag about it? Really?

How about we consider what part of the blame American corporate tax policy has to do with the lack of corporate tax dollars and jobs there are in America. 2-way street isn't it or is it just the evil corporation's fault?

I would be angry as an Apple shareholder if they didn't do everything they could to legally avoid taxes or any expenses. Kudos to them.

If Democrats want to continue to avoid tax reform this stuff will continue. California pol's love to tax business and manufacturing. The result is that companies strong enough relocate to friendlier pastures. Illinois raised taxes and companies are moving to Wisconsin.

I personally love the competition between the states. The bungling (mainly Blue) states raise taxes and regulations to stifle business and the more business friendly States like Texas reap the benefits.

[QUOTE=Trades;4457147]They brag about it? Really?

How about we consider what part of the blame American corporate tax policy has to do with the lack of corporate tax dollars and jobs there are in America. 2-way street isn't it or is it just the evil corporation's fault?[/QUOTE]

When did I say he was evil? Jobs exploited the system and then has the balls to tell everyone else what they are doing wrong. FoxCon doesn't exist solely for Apple, but Apple is a major reason why they exist.

Corporations utilize public services and receive great deals from the very gov't they evade. It is a two way street, majority of corporations just do want anyone to know which streets they use.

[QUOTE=cr726;4456781]The end of times![/QUOTE]

The Day Obama was elected!

Apple employees pay taxes, taxes that Apple avoids goes to profits which creates shareholder value which is taxed or goes into R&D and development which employs people who pay taxes.

Apple makes a product that adds to the productivity of people all over the world. Good for the economy, good for tax revenue.

We are taxing corporations at a stupid high level to begin with when mobility is a fact of life and we supposedly live in a country that thrives on competition.

I love the Times read it every day but I'm always amazed at their viscous attacks on US corporations that are providing jobs, paying taxes, pension benefits, health benefits, and creating worker productivity because they legally avoid paying taxes to support bloated government that can't live in its means, is warmongering and has the largest prison population in the world and a failing public education system.

[QUOTE=Trades;4457121]America has the highest corporate tax rates in the world now. Is it surprising that companies would do what they can to protect their money especially considering that it is a world-wide company? I am sure if you were Apple's CEO or CFO you would be volunteering to pay as much as possible.[/QUOTE]

I fought the "APPLE" thing as long as possible. My IT guy forced me to get an Iphone 2 years ago, I was very amazed. I IMMEDIATELY bought about 10K of stock (Glad I did, I was going to lend it to my daughter) and then I bought the IPAD.

Steve Jobs is as big an innovator as this country has seen in 50 years. Up there with Edison IMO. He has made billions for this country and California.

Yet the bleeding liberals want him to voluntarily pay more?

Why ? His employees have done well, pay a ton of tax and HAVE NO pension other than a 401K like most companies.

It's funny but most people don't understand one basic truth. The stock market is the single greatest creator of wealth in our society. The current fiscal problems in most states and localities and the stagnant economy in general is in a large part due to the lack of growth in stocks over the past 12+ years.

A robust stock market literally helps every single American from the poorest to the richest. A robust stock market solves virtually every fiscal problem we have in America. It can lift people out of poverty and lift middle class to upper middle class. Etc.

Corporations represent our financial power. Government should be promoting American businesses and Corporations not stifling them. Legislators should ask themselves if the legislation they are writing will have a strong negative impact on corporations. If it does they should change it.