Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steve Jobs great innovator

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Trades;4457147]They brag about it? Really?

How about we consider what part of the blame American corporate tax policy has to do with the lack of corporate tax dollars and jobs there are in America. 2-way street isn't it or is it just the evil corporation's fault?[/QUOTE]

Jobs in absolute terms , face to face, told OBAMA he could NOT bring jobs to America as we do not produce enough engineers capable of working at Apple.
    Yet these same people want to spend MORE on education and not address our falling math and science aptitude while education costs are the highest they have ever been.

I'm sure OBAMA took that into consideration....:rolleyes: He is a pawn of the NEA.

I'm having SUCH a hard time understanding exactly how a nation that was based on Capitalism and the pursuit of economic happiness, can accuse a corporation that is legally making money, of not being loyal americans.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;4457425]I'm having SUCH a hard time understanding exactly how a nation that was based on Capitalism and the pursuit of economic happiness, can accuse a corporation that is legally making money, of not being loyal americans.[/QUOTE]

Didn't you hear? It isn't fair that they lucked into prosperity and they aren't paying their fair share.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4457399]Jobs in absolute terms , face to face, told OBAMA he could NOT bring jobs to America as we do not produce enough engineers capable of working at Apple.
    Yet these same people want to spend MORE on education and not address our falling math and science aptitude while education costs are the highest they have ever been.

I'm sure OBAMA took that into consideration....:rolleyes: He is a pawn of the NEA.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you're referencing this, but Bloomberg had a fantastic (and very very long) article on Apple about 6 months ago, and it detailed the meeting between Obama and Jobs that you're talking about.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4457388]It's funny but most people don't understand one basic truth. [B][SIZE="6"]The stock market is the single greatest creator of wealth in our society.[/SIZE][/B] The current fiscal problems in most states and localities and the stagnant economy in general is in a large part due to the lack of growth in stocks over the past 12+ years.

A robust stock market literally helps every single American from the poorest to the richest. A robust stock market solves virtually every fiscal problem we have in America. It can lift people out of poverty and lift middle class to upper middle class. Etc.

Corporations represent our financial power. Government should be promoting American businesses and Corporations not stifling them. Legislators should ask themselves if the legislation they are writing will have a strong negative impact on corporations. If it does they should change it.[/QUOTE]

How has the Stock Market been the last year?

[QUOTE=cr726;4457488]How has the Stock Market been the last year?[/QUOTE]

Not bad thanks in large part to Apple, the company you were panning in your OP. We should all do backflips because the stockmarket has returned to 2008 levels? Between 1980 and 2000 the market went up 1500%. Between 2000 and 2012 we are up a staggering 0%.

Deamonizing business isn't the answer. Promoting it is.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4457505]Not bad thanks in large part to Apple, the company you were panning in your OP. We should all do backflips because the stockmarket has returned to 2008 levels? Between 1980 and 2000 the market went up 1500%. Between 2000 and 2012 we are up a staggering 0%.

Deamonizing business isn't the answer. Promoting it is.[/QUOTE]

How is looking into how businesses pay their taxes demonizing them? It makes sense that all itunes charges occur in Luxembourg.

[QUOTE=Trades;4457121][B]America has the highest corporate tax rates in the world now.[/B] Is it surprising that companies would do what they can to protect their money especially considering that it is a world-wide company? I am sure if you were Apple's CEO or CFO you would be volunteering to pay as much as possible.[/QUOTE]

Thats misleading when you consider that america has the most tax loopholes. When you consider the loopholes, our corporate tax rate is smack in the middle.

Solution: Drop the tax rate and close all the loopholes.
    Im sure the corporate reublicans will support that:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4457554]Thats misleading when you consider that america has the most tax loopholes. When you consider the loopholes, our corporate tax rate is smack in the middle.

Im sure the corporate reublicans will support that:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

If it goes along with doing the same for regular taxpayers I am all for it. Actually I would be for it either way.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Trades;4457558]If it goes along with doing the same for regular taxpayers I am all for it. Actually I would be for it either way.[/QUOTE]

+1

Very few people would oppose this on the right. Opposition would come from the left with cries of "the GOP wants to lower taxes on the rich" :rolleyes:

All League
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4457554]Thats misleading when you consider that america has the most tax loopholes. When you consider the loopholes, our corporate tax rate is smack in the middle.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4457588]+1

Very few people would oppose this on the right. Opposition would come from the left with cries of "the GOP wants to lower taxes on the rich" :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Actually I think that has universal appeal whether on income or corporate tax, save one group - Lobbyists.

Don't think that's a left/right thing. Think that's just corruption and our broken campaign finance system.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4457588]+1

Very few people would oppose this on the right. Opposition would come from the left with cries of "the GOP wants to lower taxes on the rich" :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I don't know about the right but the Republicans in Congress including Paul Ryan couldn't identify one tax deduction that he would actually get rid of to flatten out the tax code.

Tax deductions for the most part have broad popular support. Congress is unlikely to take on any popular tax breaks to flatten the tax code.

Personally I think corporations should be taxed at extremely low rates. In a democracy the governments income should come primarily from the individual electorate with the exception of companies that are using Federal lands.

Romney already proposed this type of reform for both corporate and personal taxes. Elliminate loopholes and broaden the base with revenue neutral changes. His proposal was called elitist, racist, only cares about rick people and corporations etc by the left.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4457709]Romney already proposed this type of reform for both corporate and personal taxes. Elliminate loopholes and broaden the base with revenue neutral changes. His proposal was called elitist, racist, only cares about rick people and corporations etc by the left.[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

Want to quickly completely eliminate all the corporate tax loopholes? Set the corporate tax rate at zero. Loopholes can exist on the books, but they won't mean a thing.

And while you're at it, bar corporations from making political contributions to candidates and their PACs.

Everybody wins.

All Pro
    - Eliminate corporate personhood status
    - Eliminate all corporate tax loopholes
    - Set flat corporate tax rates based on domestic workforce thresholds (0% when conditions are met, 35% when conditions are not met)

[QUOTE=parafly;4457771]- Eliminate corporate personhood status
    - Eliminate all corporate tax loopholes
    - Set flat corporate tax rates based on domestic workforce thresholds (0% when conditions are met, 35% when conditions are not met)[/QUOTE]

Of course make the american consumer the tool of Big Labor.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4457790]Of course make the american consumer the tool of Big Labor.[/QUOTE]

Can you elaborate?

[QUOTE=parafly;4457793]Can you elaborate?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing if you punish companies that operate overseas from operating in the US through the tax code you are suggesting we use the tax code to protect US workers over US consumers. Seems like creating unfair trade practices to me and inflation.

Jets Insider VIP

I agree but democrats will NEVER have it. It would resemble a flat tax.

Flat tax is NOT progressive enough for liberals.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4457806]I'm guessing if you punish companies that operate overseas from operating in the US through the tax code you are suggesting we use the tax code to protect US workers over US consumers. Seems like creating unfair trade practices to me and inflation.[/QUOTE]

It's time to implement a much simpler tax code with incentives for hiring and rewarding American workers. I know it's not a completely free market solution, but in my opinion, there has never been a more critical time when American jobs need to be [b]reasonably[/b] protected.

In the coming decades, there will be billions of additional low cost workers entering the global workforce. Simply put, Americans will not be able to compete without taking a huge hit in wages and standard of living.

We're heading toward a future where the only jobs in America are service and infrastructure.