Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GO BUFFALO!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4455886]I didn't post anything about a 40 yr old sanitation worker though I don't doubt it is true. I posted an article from today discussing a 50 year old toll taker now retired with a 120K per year pension. What say you on that regard?

Let me guess...Good for him. The system is perfect as it is. Anyone that criticizes it is a racist elitist heartless republican. He worked hard taking tolls his whole life and he had that money coming to him.[/QUOTE]

Nope.

I'd say New York is ****ed up!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4455759]This truly is one of those local issues. I know other teachers in Mass and they don't make much money. Florida is that way as well. You constantly question salary data I give you from NY and NJ but the system here is different. Salaries are much higher and the benefits are crazy. We have loopholes that allow for gaming the system through manupulation of overtime. We have some retired teachers (and police) making over 150K per year on pension.[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%. New York is ****ed up.

Which is why I get perturbed when southpark lumps ALL teachers in with a group that "bankrupting" the country.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4455884]let me tell you something...if i had to do it all over again i would have been a cop.

i dont know any cops that make any less than 100k a year with overtime and now im starting to see my friends retire with 60k a year for life at age 44.

crazy[/QUOTE]

Understood. My best friend retired at 43 and now double dips working for NYC in a different capacity. He is a good guy, the cuty was lucky to have him. However...I dislike the fact that he now collects a pesnion AND works for the city when that job could go to a person who really NEEDS the income.

I actually was ASKED to take the police exam when I worked in government. (I did a 3.t year stint) They wanted me in "white collar" crime. I almost took it.

This was the 80's when cops made 30 -50K and retired with pensions of 30K. THINGS have changed. I dont begrudge these men and women as they have a tuff job and deserve some type of reward BUT. ...

My belief is a 25 year pension with a 50 percent pension (no OT included) and applications would NOT drop one bit. Literally tens of thousands of people apply for 100 jobs in many counties when openings occur. THAT should tell you something.

If the above had always been true....the terrific men and women who do the job would still have a GREAT situation.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 05-01-2012 at 11:20 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4455907]Agreed 100%. New York is ****ed up.

Which is why I get perturbed when southpark lumps ALL teachers in with a group that "bankrupting" the country.[/QUOTE]

Finally we agree. I have always said here that these issues are generally local ones. There are huge differences between the States on how municipal workers are paid. NY NJ and California are some of the worst. There are other areas where the pay structures are very different and more in line with the private workers.

If anything Southpark should say that the Teachers unions and municipal workers unions are bankrupting many of the (Blue)states or local municipalities. It is out of control entitlements and government spending that is bankrupting the country.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4455972]Finally we agree.[/QUOTE]

I feel dirty.

:alien:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Which is why I get perturbed when southpark lumps ALL teachers in with a group that "bankrupting" the country.[/QUOTE]

Read my posts above and other posts ...I absolutely do NOT.

In much, possibly MOST of the country, they are underpaid.

YOU simply dont want to hear the truth....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4456051]Read my posts above and other posts ...I absolutely do NOT.

In much, possibly MOST of the country, they are underpaid.

YOU simply dont want to hear the truth....[/QUOTE]

The truth about what?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4456055]The truth about what?[/QUOTE]

Lets just drop it..... I have to go count my money.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4456057]Lets just drop it..... I have to go count my money.[/QUOTE]

Can I have $20,000...I have a business idea. :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

yea me too.

thats the issue.

there are counties in fl where starting teacher salary is 27k. max is 50k after like 30 years of service. yes, 30. the state retirement sucks. you wind up with 12k a year IF you do the whole 30. you lose 5% per year if you retire earlier. so if you put in 20 years, 10x5%=50% penalty means 6k per year

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4456061]Can I have $20,000...I have a business idea. :D[/QUOTE]

The polish lottery $1 a year for 20,000 years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4456093]The polish lottery $1 a year for 20,000 years.[/QUOTE]

can you will it?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry. SouthPark is a fake.

Look at the times that his is most active posting on the internet. Dude works 70% less that union teachers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4456758]Don't worry. SouthPark is a fake.

Look at the times that his is most active posting on the internet. Dude works 70% less that union teachers.[/QUOTE]

Don't forgt his Jets fan club.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4455987]I feel dirty.

:alien:[/QUOTE]

If you could bend over far enough to wash your feet you'd feel like a new man.:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4456758]Don't worry. SouthPark is a fake.

Look at the times that his is most active posting on the internet. Dude works 70% less that union teachers.[/QUOTE]

Interestingly...75 percent of my income for 2012 is already in the bank. Crazy business. :rolleyes: