Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stephen Hill vs. Reuben Randle

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Stephen Hill vs. Reuben Randle

I am very excited about getting Hill but at the same time I have to say the Giants did a great job grabbing Randle at 63. It will be interesting to see how both WRs careers develop. I think Randle may be more productive sooner because he is more polished (plus has Manning throwing to him won't hurt) than Hill but Hill has the greater upside and I believe has true # 1 potential, I think Randle could develop into a 1 but most likely his ceiling is a very good # 2.

What are your thoughts folks? And please no Giants S**k posts... :). I just want to focus on the respective abilities of Hill and Randle.

If Randle gets off to a fast start and Hill "stuggles" I can hear the SOJF already.... LOL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gints have a much better history of developing receivers... If the roles were reversed, I would say Hill has a very good chance of dominating the league...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Randle struggled mightily against good corners. In my opinion, he's a bust candidate more so than any of the WRs selected early.

He stock was inflated by his great workouts (running routes for coordinators) and polish.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4453763]Gints have a much better history of developing receivers... If the roles were reversed, I would say Hill has a very good chance of dominating the league...[/QUOTE]

But we have Sanjay Lal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Randles numbers will be better early (because of Eli) but I like Hill's talent better.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4453778]Randle struggled mightily against good corners. In my opinion, he's a bust candidate more so than any of the WRs selected early.

He stock was inflated by his great workouts (running routes for coordinators) and polish.[/QUOTE]

Time to change that sig buddy :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsman51;4453800]But we have Sanjay Lal.[/QUOTE]

I sense sarcasm, which is good because I feel the same way...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4453803]Randles numbers will be better early (because of Eli) but I like Hill's talent better.[/QUOTE]

This.

I tend to agree; we need to have some patience with Hill as it may take him a little time to comfortable playing in a pro style offense. The good news is you can't teach speed and he should open things up underneath for the other receivers and even catch a bomb or two a game as well as create problems in the Red Zone.

Randle is considered to be a bigger version of Manningham and if that is the case the Giants struck gold again.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Giants S**k

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Randle is a body catcher.
    Randle was always an underachiever in college.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsman51;4453800]But we have Sanjay Lal.[/QUOTE]

Lal actually did a decent job with Heyward-Bey while with the Raiders. Don't be fooled by the Indian name - the guy played and knows the game.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=simijet;4453904]Lal actually did a decent job with Heyward-Bey while with the Raiders. Don't be fooled by the Indian name - the guy played and knows the game.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention Denarius Moore, who produced pretty damn well for a 5th round rookie (33 receptions, 618 yards, 5 TD's, 18.7 YPC, in just 12 games)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    AS long as the Giants have Nicks and Cruz, Randle will be a#3, but a very good one. Hill has the chance to be special.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hill has a much higher ceiling and can be an elite WR in the NFL.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Randle is not very good. He only excelled when "The Eew's" big O line started dominating the run game. Then he'd get a big play or two over the top. No one in the SEC was afraid of him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMo;4453804]Time to change that sig buddy :D[/QUOTE]

This is true

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was wondering when one of these threads were going to pop up.

Lets just say that Randle is in a much better situation so that is going to help him a lot.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4453803]Randles numbers will be better early (because of Eli) but I like Hill's talent better.[/QUOTE]

Randle's numbers also will be better because Giants will throw twice as much as the Jets (because of Eli and Sanchez/Tebow)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

NFL SCOUT DOESN'T LIKE STEPHEN HILL PICK as per NY POST

[QUOTE=Paradis;4453778]Randle struggled mightily against good corners. In my opinion, he's a bust candidate more so than any of the WRs selected early.

He stock was inflated by his great workouts (running routes for coordinators) and polish.[/QUOTE]

=www.nypost.com

Dave Razzano, a former NFL scout for more than 22 years with the 49ers, Rams and Cardinals, and currently an NFL analyst for 95.7 TheGame in San Francisco, doesn’t think Jets second-round pick Georgia Tech wide receiver Stephen Hill is a catch.

“I can’t stand that pick,” Razzano said. “I think you’re throwing a dart. That’s a head-scratcher. You’re taking a guy that had 28 catches. You’re just taking a guy because he can run fast. He wins the Combine.”

Asked if he liked Giants second-round pick LSU wide receiver Rueben Randle better, Razzano said: “Oh God, yeah. Rueben Randle is a stud. He’s like a stronger version of Mario Manningham. He’s gonna get jumpballs, he’s gonna get vertical. ... He’s a big guy who can stretch a defense.”
    GOOD PICK: Former NFL scout Dave Razzano believes the Jets missed the mark with their selection of wide receiver Stephen Hill, but believed they did well with their first-round selection of defensive end Quinton Coples (above).
    GOOD PICK: Former NFL scout Dave Razzano believes the Jets missed the mark with their selection of wide receiver Stephen Hill, but believed they did well with their first-round selection of defensive end Quinton Coples (above).

Razzano did, however, like Jets No. 1 pick North Carolina defensive end Quinton Coples, and compared him to Richard Seymour.

“He got a label as an underachiever, but he’s definitely a guy who can be pretty darn good,” Razzano said.

Read more: [url]http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/it_rough_draft_XQeztGnfKJZWdcBloKqh5H#ixzz1tXD8bOEd[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^ No.