Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gun Carrying Man Ends Stabbing Spree

[QUOTE=dickkotite;4454853]ahhhhh straw purchases.

ok so a person legally able to buy a gun buys one from a dealer. legal.

then, that person does something illegal after he leaves the shop.

a problem? yes.

but what did the dealers do wrong?[/QUOTE]

If they're able to trace back a huge number of the guns used in crimes to a relatively small percentage of the dealers, the dealers should be shut down.

hmmmmmmmm. maybe. if it is super clear they are involved in constant questionable trades and in fact in "cohoots" with the straw guy

i dunno id have to hear all the evidence

All Pro
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4454743][B]fair, but the right to bear arms was included so that people could defeat their own military should govt decide to turn against them. thats all pretty clear in the federalist papers. so really, asking for a ak with a 30 round clip is not asking too much imo.[/B]
    besides there are tens of thousands of these out there. maybe more. there is no gun problem in this country. in some areas? yea, but that is unavoidable. in 95% of the rest of the nation? nobody lives in daily fear of being shot. if they did, i would agree with you and look for a solution[/QUOTE]

You're right. We wouldn't want radical right wing terrorists to be at a disadvantage when they're waging ware against the government.

[QUOTE=Austin;4454890]You're right. We wouldn't want radical right wing terrorists to be at a disadvantage when they're waging ware against the government.[/QUOTE]

or radical leftists.....lets not forget them

[QUOTE=dickkotite;4454853]ahhhhh straw purchases.

ok so a person legally able to buy a gun buys one from a dealer. legal.

then, that person does something illegal after he leaves the shop.

a problem? yes.

[b]but what did the dealers do wrong?[/b][/QUOTE]

Nothing... no more more than the store owner who legally sells a six pack to an of age adult who turns around and sells it to a minor...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4454895]or radical leftists.....lets not forget them[/QUOTE]

Eh, the far left would rather occupy things.

But seriously, you're basically advocating that the Timothy McVeighs of the world should have the right to own the same guns as the military because it wouldn't be fair to their terrorist attacks/rebellion if they were outgunned?

[QUOTE=Austin;4454910]Eh, the far left would rather occupy things.

[/QUOTE]

Bill Ayers says hi....

[QUOTE=Austin;4454910]Eh, the far left would rather occupy things.

But seriously, you're basically advocating that the Timothy McVeighs of the world should have the right to own the same guns as the military because it wouldn't be fair to their terrorist attacks/rebellion if they were outgunned?[/QUOTE]

small arms is about the least you can give and thats about all you can get.

you cant punish everyone because of a few bad apples. tim never used a gun anyway

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4454906]Nothing... no more more than the store owner who legally sells a six pack to an of age adult who turns around and sells it to a minor...[/QUOTE]

Unless there is a pattern.

All League
    [QUOTE=cr726;4454945]Unless there is a pattern.[/QUOTE]

Your argument should be geared toward stricter license requirements for dealers and buyers. I think the gun dealer/purchase laws in the southern states are rather lax but the only pattern they have to worry about is complying with the laws in their respective state. You can't go after them if the gun eventually ends up in a criminal's hand at some point if they complied with said state law in the sale.

[QUOTE=PatriotReign;4455158]Your argument should be geared toward stricter license requirements for dealers and buyers. I think the gun dealer/purchase laws in the southern states are rather lax but the only pattern they have to worry about is complying with the laws in their respective state. You can't go after them if the gun eventually ends up in a criminal's hand at some point if they complied with said state law in the sale.[/QUOTE]

a private citizen can sell a pistol to anybody.

i had a piece i didnt really care for. put it on CL and this biker gave me cash. no questions asked

so if any of you get shot with a star BM 9mm, dont come a bittchin

All League
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4455187][B]a private citizen can sell a pistol to anybody.[/B]

i had a piece i didnt really care for. put it on CL and this biker gave me cash. no questions asked

so if any of you get shot with a star BM 9mm, dont come a bittchin[/QUOTE]

===================================================

True only to an extant. It is a federal crime to sell to some one you believe is a felon, crazy, not a resident of you're state. not a US citizen. The purchaser must also be 21 years of age if you are selling a hand gun, or 18 for shotguns and rifles.

Craigslist policy prohibits selling firearms, and PayPal prohibits transactions for firearms, not saying it doesn't some times happen.

Seems there is something about sellin to people with restraining orders also.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=gunnails;4455227]Craigslist policy prohibits selling firearms...[/QUOTE]

Sold a Mossberg 500 and a .30-06 on CL last month....

All League
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4455382]Sold a Mossberg 500 and a .30-06 on CL last month....[/QUOTE]

==================================================
    That's great, But I do know most firearm adds get flagged. I'm all for buying and selling guns on CL.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=gunnails;4455386]==================================================
    That's great, But I do know most firearm adds get flagged. I'm all for buying and selling guns on CL.[/QUOTE]

Ahh...

I see what you're getting at.

I listed mine in "sports"....

Gotta be clever :)

you have to list it in code so only those who know will read like: home protection or 1911 or s&w or fourty five

then it stays up for a while

well, for good measure i did take the guys license plate down and put that info in my gun safe just in case