Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets seem to be really high on Schlauderaff, Howard...

Jets seem to be really high on Schlauderaff, Howard...

and possibly even Ducasse. They see these guys every day so they know better. The tackle class took a real drop after Reiff, no sense reaching when what you have in house is better. I also think they like Maybin and Sapp both as pass rushing OLB''s in this defense, I really excited to see Ricky Sapp with a full offseason under his belt, he was a beast at Clemson.

Your avatar compliments your posting.

Rookie
    It seems as if your post is based entirely off your opinion. And your inference of what a few draft picks could possibly mean is not accurate at all. Therefore, it is incorrect and wrong for you to say what the Jets believe.

Permaban?

They are high on them the same way they loved Kellen Clemens and Brett Ratliffe.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;4453945]They are high on them the same way they loved Kellen Clemens and Brett Ratliffe.[/QUOTE]

Difference is the offensive line equivalents of Brett Favre and Mark Sanchez weren't picked up by the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Not reaching for a position doesn't necessarily mean they have confidence in what they have.

They had a lot of areas of need to fill.

Great thread. I was wondering what happened to you.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4454023][B]Not reaching for a position doesn't necessarily mean they have confidence in what they have.[/B]

They had a lot of areas of need to fill.

Great thread. I was wondering what happened to you.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that is wrong.

Tannenbaum has made several references to evaluating draft prospects, and working their draft board, relative to the players already on their roster.

There is no question, decisions were made throughout the draft that included evaluations of Maybin, Sapp, Ducasse, Schlauderaff, and the players on the roster at OT and OLB.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 04-29-2012 at 10:47 PM.

[QUOTE=jetsman51;4453957]Difference is the offensive line equivalents of Brett Favre and Mark Sanchez weren't picked up by the Jets.[/QUOTE]

Yet.

Favre was acquired well after the draft, if memory serves.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;4453916]and possibly even Ducasse. They see these guys every day so they know better. The tackle class took a real drop after Reiff, no sense reaching when what you have in house is better. I also think they like Maybin and Sapp both as pass rushing OLB''s in this defense, I really excited to see Ricky Sapp with a full offseason under his belt, he was a beast at Clemson.[/QUOTE]

I just know that I have heard Mr.T and REX say many nice things about Schlauderaff and Howard as well as Vlad. Rex also praises Nick Bellore quite a bit! Time alone will tell. But I do believe in Rex Ryan's opinions and judgement in personnel matters. he is human and makes mistakes but overall I turst him!

Jake Steinberg ‏ @Steiny31
    The #Jets passing on Massie confirms what I've been saying from day one. The #Jets LOVE @AustinHoward68. #nyj

Steinberg was probably the most connected jets beat writer i followed on draft weekend and all weekend he had been saying how the jets love howard and he also mentioned how much they loved sapp but couldnt find that tweet

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4454034]Actually, that is wrong.

Tannenbaum has made several references to evaluating draft prospects, and working their draft board, relative to the players already on their roster.

There is no question, decisions were made throughout the draft that included evaluations of Maybin, Sapp, Ducasse, Schlauderaff, and the players on the roster at OT and OLB.[/QUOTE]
    When you have at least 5 areas of need, you don't go reaching for one of those positions.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=ratliff5;4454072]Jake Steinberg ‏ @Steiny31
    The #Jets passing on Massie confirms what I've been saying from day one. The #Jets LOVE @AustinHoward68. #nyj

Steinberg was probably the most connected jets beat writer i followed on draft weekend and all weekend he had been saying how the jets love howard and he also mentioned how much they loved sapp but couldnt find that tweet[/QUOTE]

Interesting, thanks.

[QUOTE=Slikmojet;4453916]Jets seem to be really high on Schlauderaff, Howard... and possibly even Ducasse. They see these guys every day so they know better. The tackle class took a real drop after Reiff, no sense reaching when what you have in house is better. [/QUOTE]

IIRC Tony confirmed this on the draft board and said the Jets would not likely take an OL early as a result.

In fact Tony said Callahan wanted to replace Moore last year when he was not playing that well with Schlauderaff.

Austin Howard is the guy who I think could challenge Hunter for the RT spot. He's huge and has been in our system for two years now.

[QUOTE=lageman4ever;4454189]IIRC Tony confirmed this on the draft board and said the Jets would not likely take an OL early as a result.

In fact Tony said Callahan wanted to replace Moore last year when he was not playing that well with Schlauderaff.

Austin Howard is the guy who I think could challenge Hunter for the RT spot. He's huge and has been in our system for two years now.[/QUOTE]

Don't snooze on Big Vlad this is the guy that will step up big time. To be fair he was a development pick, with ENORMOUS potential.

[QUOTE=Jordy;4454159]When you have at least 5 areas of need, you don't go reaching for one of those positions.[/QUOTE]

There wasn't a single pick the Jets reached for. A reach would have been taking a OT to appease fans since it was glaringly apparent the Jets value the OT's on the roster over what was available after the 1st round, and probably the second.

It's great to see that the Jets love Austin and Schaderlaff, they better be freaking starting in that case this year or the jets are blowing smoke up asses. Hunter is terrilbe and our guards are not pro bowlers at this point. We'll see just how much they 'love' them come game one.

What is a Schlauderaf? And how do I get high on it??

[QUOTE=mavericknyc1980;4454243]Don't snooze on Big Vlad this is the guy that will step up big time. To be fair he was a development pick, with ENORMOUS potential.[/QUOTE]
    Vlad is beastly strong. If he comes into TC mentally switched on and ready to rock then we have a road grader at RT.

Jets made some good pickups in the draft. Looks like Maybin, Sapp ready to blossom this season. Also interested to see how Kenrick Ellis develops and shares playing time with beastly Pouha. Ellis got sky high potential. A lot of people sleeping on this dude

[QUOTE=CTJetFan92;4453935]It seems as if your post is based entirely off your opinion. And your inference of what a few draft picks could possibly mean is not accurate at all. Therefore, it is incorrect and wrong for you to say what the Jets believe.

Permaban?[/QUOTE]
    P

Permaban.... How cute and original.

[QUOTE=ratliff5;4454072]Jake Steinberg ‏ @Steiny31

Steinberg was probably the most connected jets beat writer i followed on draft weekend and all weekend he had been saying how the jets love howard and he also mentioned how much they loved sapp but couldnt find that tweet[/QUOTE]

People are too quick to forget the Jets went to two straigh AFC championship games before going 8-8 last season, many here would love nothing more than to see the team fail though, its like nothing the FO does is right in their eyes. I have a feeling this team will be the hungriest its been since Rex got here.