Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: So the Pats get another A in the draft

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    RamRod has no clue whatsoever, he still thinks Keller is better than Gronkowski and Hernandez combined and that the Jets OLine is better and deeper than the Pats.
    GFY

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Pats and Giants envy needs to stop. Who cares what they do? Don't we realize that complaining like this only makes things sweeter for the Pats and Giants.

NY will always be a Giants town, just like it will always be a Yankees town. Jets and Mets may have some good runs like the Mets did in the '80s but at it's heart NY will always be a Giants town.

As long as Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are with the Patriots, they will be the darlings of the NFL. Beli has been labeled a genius and he will carry that tag for the rest of his life. He will always get the benefit of the doubt. If people don't understand what he does they will chalk it up to Belichick just being smarter than them. He gets it both ways. Good for him. I really don't give a sh!t.

We need to get over this. It is what it is, nothing is going to change it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The Pats and Giants envy needs to stop. Who cares what they do? Don't we realize that complaining like this only makes things sweeter for the Pats and Giants.

NY will always be a Giants town, just like it will always be a Yankees town. Jets and Mets may have some good runs like the Mets did in the '80s but at it's heart NY will always be a Giants town.

As long as Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are with the Patriots, they will be the darlings of the NFL. Beli has been labeled a genius and he will carry that tag for the rest of his life. He will always get the benefit of the doubt. If people don't understand what he does they will chalk it up to Belichick just being smarter than them. He gets it both ways. Good for him. I really don't give a sh!t.

Us beating crap out of cheaters and winning a couple of Superbowls will. Hope is eternal..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

So true, it must suck being second class citizens in your own home town and also the AFCE.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

So true, it must suck being second class citizens in your own home town and also the AFCE.
    GFY

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Technically it does suck, but I don't let it bother me. I rarely think about it. Splitting games with the Pats is nice, but to ever win the division we would need a sweep and even then it might not be enough.

Lets be honest, the Patriots' reign ends once Brady hangs up his cleats. When that happens they will be on even ground with the rest of the AFCE.

That is the difference. Pats have Brady, nobody else does. Belichick is a great coach, but they are not winning 10 division titles without Brady.

Until the Jets find their Brady or win a SB (lol ), I will just have to be content with the Pats losing in the playoffs and the Jets beating them every now and then. And then there will be those extra special years like 2010 when the Jets do the job of ending the Pats season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

NY wasn't always a Yankee or a Giants town you might have missed the late 60's. It's about winning. Beli has been labeled because he wins and does it consistently.

There is something that will change it, a SB win and consistently being at the top.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can pretty much delete page 10 of this thread.

It was pretty funny, though.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    This is patently wrong

The Pats drafts in recent years has been garbage. This fact is the exact reason for the other thread. Last year the Pats dumped several key players who were only drafted a couple of years ago. Their draft record in terms of drafted players still on the team from the last 5 years is at the bottom of the league, yet every year we get the same media spin, and same media BS about how great the Pats are.

The Pats have had success because of Brady, without him they are an average team.
    Since 2007, you can argue that the Pats' drafts have been better than the Jets' draft. The 2008 and 2010 drafts by the Jets were epic failures. Between those draft combined, all the Jets have right now from them are an above average TE, a streaky nickelback (Wilson started last season strong and fell apart down the stretch), and a boom or bust returner. Two horrible drafts.

Too soon to tell about 2011 draft, but Wilkerson and Kearly look to be good picks thus far and not any of the others. The 2009 draft produced three starters, but none of them are standout players. Sanchez was way overdrafted. He is an average at best QB drafted to be a franchise QB with the 5th overall pick.

Over the same period of time, the Pats got a Pro Bowl ILB (Mayo), starting safety (Chung), starting RT (Vollmer), a rotational DT (Pryor), a decent returner (Edelman), a starting/rotational DE (Deadrick who was a steal as a 7th rounder), a TE who broke the yardage and TD record for TEs, another top 5-10 TE, a starting CB who was a stud his rookie year, but fell off last year, a solid punter, and a future LT (Solder was pretty solid in fill duty at RT last year, but we need to see how he will be at LT). I bet most teams would rather have the Pats' drafts since 2007 than the Jets' drafts from the same period.
    Last edited by Rob0729; 04-30-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    This is patently wrong

The Pats drafts in recent years has been garbage. This fact is the exact reason for the other thread. Last year the Pats dumped several key players who were only drafted a couple of years ago. Their draft record in terms of drafted players still on the team from the last 5 years is at the bottom of the league, yet every year we get the same media spin, and same media BS about how great the Pats are.

The Pats have had success because of Brady, without him they are an average team.
    At the risk of entering this sh!tstorm of a thread, I've posted this before. The following article shows how the Pats have drafted more elite talent (defined as AP All-Pros) under BB than ANY other team. All these opinions thrown out as "facts" about how bad they draft are meaningless.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The New England Patriots and Cleveland's old friend, Bill Belichick, find more stars through the NFL Draft than any other team

Fifteen AP All-Pros from 2002-11, excluding special-teams players, were drafted by the Patriots since quarterback Rich Gannon in 1987, dating back to before Belichick was the coach. (note: and 8 for the Jets) Not surprisingly, the Patriots have won more games than any other team over the last 10 seasons.

(cont. with chart)

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral...best_clev.html

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you guido for making common sense.

only delusional jet fans could try to make believe that bellichek cant draft. friggin pats have pretty much been running an empire for the last decade.

anyone notice?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Since 2007, you can argue that the Pats' drafts have been better than the Jets' draft. The 2008 and 2010 drafts by the Jets were epic failures. Between those draft combined, all the Jets have right now from them are a slightly above average TE, a streaky nickelback (Wilson started last season strong and fell apart down the stretch), and a boom or bust returner. Two horrible drafts.

Too soon to tell about 2011 draft. The 2009 draft produced three starters, but none of them are standout players. Sanchez was way overdrafted. He is an average at best QB drafted to be a franchise QB with the 5th overall pick.
    I don't know if you can say 2008-2010 were epic failures, but yes, not as strong as the previous few years. The Gholston pick ruined a lot.

Wilson actually played well last season. He'd start if he was on another team.

I'm not defending the draft - just that some of those players haven't developed like the other players have. Slauson, Greene, Sanchez - all those guys are starting material - they have their moments, but are not consistent, like you said.

Hopefully this draft makes up for the last few years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    At the risk of entering this sh!tstorm of a thread, I've posted this before. The following article shows how the Pats have drafted more elite talent (defined as AP All-Pros) under BB than ANY other team. All these opinions thrown out as "facts" about how bad they draft are meaningless.
    What facts have you posted? Statistics that none statisticians pick and choose to make a point aren't facts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    What facts have you posted? Statistics that none statisticians pick and choose to make a point aren't facts.
    the article says they have 15 aps since belly came onboard. it lists the # of aps by team. what the issue? do you think the article is a fake?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    the article says they have 15 aps since belly came onboard. it lists the # of aps by team. what the issue? do you think the article is a fake?
    I think it's a subjective opinion not a fact. Good article but it proves nothing. In my opinion the Giants have outdrafted the Pats over the last decade and the fact is they have beaten them twice in the last 4 years in the SB because of superior over all talent. That's not a fact either.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I don't know if you can say 2008-2010 were epic failures, but yes, not as strong as the previous few years. The Gholston pick ruined a lot.

Wilson actually played well last season. He'd start if he was on another team.

I'm not defending the draft - just that some of those players haven't developed like the other players have. Slauson, Greene, Sanchez - all those guys are starting material - they have their moments, but are not consistent, like you said.

Hopefully this draft makes up for the last few years.
    Four years after the 2008 draft, the only player left from that draft is Keller and he is a c**k tease of a player who shows flashes of dominance, but disapears a lot and is inconsistent. Most Jets fans call the Pats' draft a failure because they only have Mayo left from that draft and Mayo is a better player than Keller is.

I would say 2010 was a failure too. I know guys like Rah!Rah! are convinced this is the year Ducasse explodes, but he hasn't done anything to suggest he isn't a second round offensive tackle version of Vernon Gholston. Wilson was very good last year at the beginning of the season, but fell apart. You guys have written off McCourty after a solid rookie season and falling apart his second year. I am not ready to do that with Wilson, but he has yet to show consistency to show he could start on a lot of teams. Ryan has already implied the Terminator will be terminated. McKnight hasn't really shown much on offense and he has had more fumbled kick and punt returns as forty plus yard returns. By the 2013 season, there is a good chance that the only player left from this draft that is still on the Jets is Wilson.

BTW, too many fans excuse the Gholston pick because "the Jets had no other choice, but to draft him". That is BS excuse making. If Tannebaum had questions about him, trade down or show the stones to go off script and take the guy you really want even if the experts do a double take like the Seahawks did with Bruce Irvin this past week.
    Last edited by Rob0729; 04-30-2012 at 08:42 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I haven't seen a single draft review that hasn't blasted the Wilson pick. Which ones have you been reading?
    Isn't an A a home run?! I've seen lots of As.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    how is it subjective? its objective. its a fact.

the number of APs is countable and the pats had the most so how can anyone argue with that?

the giants have also drafted well. whether the pats or giants have drafted better than the other...ok thats up to opinion but for me, despite the fact the giants beat them twice, nobody looks at the giants as some dominating powerhouse. they had their two good years

the pats on the other hand have a legit dynasty. not too many people would argue otherwise

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    how is it subjective? its objective. its a fact.

the number of APs is countable and the pats had the most so how can anyone argue with that?

the giants have also drafted well. whether the pats or giants have drafted better than the other...ok thats up to opinion but for me, despite the fact the giants beat them twice, nobody looks at the giants as some dominating powerhouse. they had their two good years

the pats on the other hand have a legit dynasty. not too many people would argue otherwise
    I think if you look at the Pats roster and the Giants roster you will find more talent and better talent all over the Giants roster. The same could be said for the 49ers, Saints and the Packers. It's subjective. The Pats don't have a dynasty they haven't won a SB in 7 years. Better than us clearly best in football, show me the rings.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Four years after the 2008 draft, the only player left from that draft is Keller and he is a c**k tease of a player who shows flashes of dominance, but disapears a lot and is inconsistent. Most Jets fans call the Pats' draft a failure because they only have Mayo left from that draft and Mayo is a better player than Keller is.

I would say 2010 was a failure too. I know guys like Rah!Rah! are convinced this is the year Ducasse explodes, but he hasn't done anything to suggest he isn't a second round offensive tackle version of Vernon Gholston. Wilson was very good last year at the beginning of the season, but fell apart. You guys have written off McCourty after a solid rookie season and falling apart his second year. I am not ready to do that with Wilson, but he has yet to show consistency to show he could start on a lot of teams. Ryan has already implied the Terminator will be terminated. McKnight hasn't really shown much on offense and he has had more fumbled kick and punt returns as forty plus yard returns. By the 2013 season, there is a good chance that the only player left from this draft that is still on the Jets is Wilson.

BTW, too many fans excuse the Gholston pick because "the Jets had no other choice, but to draft him". That is BS excuse making. If Tannebaum had questions about him, trade down or show the stones to go off script and take the guy you really want even if the experts do a double take like the Seahawks did with Bruce Irvin this past week.
    Oh, no way is "had to draft him" an excuse. I wanted Mendenhall or someone else. I called VG a bust before that draft - he just became a superbust with extra bust sauce.

Don't get me started with Ducasse. He's the only player who single handedly injured 3 Jets on one play. One was out for the season.

I'll say the only way he's not labeled a bust is that he wasn't drafted in the top 6, otherwise he's just a huge disappointment.