Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: So the Pats get another A in the draft

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    I think it's a subjective opinion not a fact. Good article but it proves nothing. In my opinion the Giants have outdrafted the Pats over the last decade and the fact is they have beaten them twice in the last 4 years in the SB because of superior over all talent. That's not a fact either.
    There's no objectivity in the chart. It merely lists the number of AP All-Pros drafted by each team in the league from 2002 -2011. The Pats have 15. The Giants (and the Jets for that matter) have drafted 8. The Giants win/loss average over that span is .550 and the Pats is .769. All facts.

Now, if you want to argue that the Giants have drafted far better APs than the Pats, fine, have it it. but that would only be opinion.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    There's no objectivity in the chart. It merely lists the number of AP All-Pros drafted by each team in the league from 2002 -2011. The Pats have 15. The Giants (and the Jets for that matter) have drafted 8. The Giants win/loss record over that span is .555 and the Pats is .769. All facts.

Now, if you want to argue that the Giants have drafted far better APs than the Pats, fine, have it it. but that would only be opinion.
    Exactly it's all opinion. Where the Pats killed the Giants is they drafted Brady in round 6 while the Giants moved a ton of picks to get Eli in round 1. Still over all the Giants are fielding a team that has beaten the Pats in the SB twice in 4 years with a roster that is filled with their own first round draft picks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly it's all opinion.
    lol...substitute Subjectivity for Objectivity. Haven't finished my coffee this AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    lol...substitute Subjectivity for Objectivity. Haven't finished my coffee this AM.
    The only objective measure is head to head for all the marbles. I take that back it's only objective from the Giants view point. If you want to use win lose in the regular season clearly the objective measure against different competition favors the Pats.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the pats won 2 and the lost 2. thats 4 trips in a decade.

thats outstanding.

what team is always feared? always respected? always expected to win it all?

the pats. i hate saying it as much as u hate reading it but fair is fair.

its a dynasty

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    We will be a physical defense this year!
    Brady, like he is known to do, will wilt with QC on his back..

This offense will fly this year..it has too.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Start winning a lot of games consistently and the media will praise your moves, too. The Jets got a ton of good press during the '09-'10 runs and Rex, despite all of his flaws, was very well liked in the media. WIN. It's that simple, really.

Whining about media coverage when the Jets just finished 8-8 and the Pats are coming off of a 13-3 season and a trip to the Super Bowl is the very definition of SOJF.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    correction: they won 3 sbs

they also had 7 playoff years

3 sbs won, 5 appearances

except for his first year....he never won less than 9 games

7 afc championship games

still want to argue for the giants?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post

Over the same period of time, the Pats got a Pro Bowl ILB (Mayo), starting safety (Chung), starting RT (Vollmer), a rotational DT (Pryor), a decent returner (Edelman), a starting/rotational DE (Deadrick who was a steal as a 7th rounder), a TE who broke the yardage and TD record for TEs, another top 5-10 TE, a starting CB who was a stud his rookie year, but fell off last year, a solid punter, and a future LT (Solder was pretty solid in fill duty at RT last year, but we need to see how he will be at LT). I bet most teams would rather have the Pats' drafts since 2007 than the Jets' drafts from the same period.
    Wait a second, didn't RayRay say the Pats drafts have been "garbage"?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    the pats won 2 and the lost 2. thats 4 trips in a decade.

thats outstanding.

what team is always feared? always respected? always expected to win it all?

the pats. i hate saying it as much as u hate reading it but fair is fair.

its a dynasty
    Dynasty is clumped together. The Pats' dynasty was 2001-2004 or so. Other than that, they've been like the Steelers. Strong team, make the playoffs every year, occasional trip to the Superbowl. You could make the argument that the Colts had a 10 year dynasty with Manning, but it's not.

Few dynasty's in the age of free agency. Patriots, early 90s Cowboys was the last one, maybe. That's about it.

Patriots are now clumped into the list of teams who spearhead the NFL and other franchises should model themselves over:

Steelers
    Patriots
    Packers?

Who else?

Not the Jets, not by a long shot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    correction: they won 3 sbs

they also had 7 playoff years

3 sbs won, 5 appearances

except for his first year....he never won less than 9 games

7 afc championship games

still want to argue for the giants?
    The Pats had Brady as their starting QB in 2001. Since the Giants drafted Eli and installed Coughlin as their HC they have owned the Pats. The Pats haven't won in 7 years. The 49ers were a dynasty at one time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    For what it's worth I think the jets won the off season again.
    Tebow awarded off season MVP....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan49000trollingposts+ View Post
    speaking of garbage, look in your mirror

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Pats had Brady as their starting QB in 2001. Since the Giants drafted Eli and installed Coughlin as their HC they have owned the Pats. The Pats haven't won in 7 years. The 49ers were a dynasty at one time.
    THE Giants have beaten the pats in two sbs. i cant take that way from them but really, do teams fear the giants year after year? no so much.

lets face it the giants surprised everyone last year. and coughlins been there for a long time now

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dynasty means being a champion often. They haven't done that in a while. They are the most dominant team of this generation (post 90s), however.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    and remember... the pats GOT to the SB two times with the giants. thats hard to do right there. the SB is ONE game winner take all.

if it was best of 7, id bet my house the pats would have won both

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    and remember... the pats GOT to the SB two times with the giants. thats hard to do right there. the SB is ONE game winner take all.

if it was best of 7, id bet my house the pats would have won both
    Not a 100% safe bet since the Pats are 0-2 against the same Giants with the same coach.

Steelers have been to the Superbowl 3 times since the Pats "dynasty" in the early part of last decade. They won 2. I'd say the Steelers have been more successful since then. That, a dynasty doesn't make, either.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Without the *tuck* rule, you have no dynasty..

(Dynasty's crumble..btw)

Without Tyree's helmet being dry, you have no Giants double win..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Dynasty means being a champion often. They haven't done that in a while. They are the most dominant team of this generation (post 90s), however.
    The Patriots had a dynasty in the early 2000s -- 3 in 4 is a dynasty.

That dynasty is long over -- it's been 7 years and the team has almost completely turned over in talent since that time. Besides Brady and Wilfork, who's even left from the championship days?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I'm sure it was "taken out of context."