Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: So the Pats get another A in the draft

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Feeble

First, the 2008 draft netted Keller, who is our start TE, Jets traded up to get him. Gholston was a bust, Lowery was traded.
    The Jets trade up for a JAG TE who can't block, draft the biggest NFL bust of the decade and a safety who is gone, and you think that was a good draft?

And 2010 was almost as bad with a bunch of JAG's who aren't even starters.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Wow, luv ur optimism. Why do you even watch?
    He doesn't, he just whines incessantly as if he was a Browns or Lions fan.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Jets trade up for a JAG TE who can't block, draft the biggest NFL bust of the decade and a safety who is gone, and you think that was a good draft?

Biggest bust of the decade? Please old man I thought you knew football.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Biggest bust of the decade? Please old man I thought you knew football.
    OK, biggest non-QB bust.

Better?

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, biggest non-QB bust.

Better?
    That would have to be Dewayne(Bowling Ball With Butcher Knives)Robertson.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, biggest non-QB bust.
    You mean like Taylor Price

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Sorta. Price was a big disapointment for sure. But it's hard to compare the 90th pick to the 6th overall, don't you think?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Sorta. Price was a big disapointment for sure. But it's hard to compare the 90th pick to the 6th overall, don't you think?
    I'm pretty sure I saw a thread started by a Pats fan a couple days ago comparing a 2nd round pick from the Pats and a 6th round pick from the Jets...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

You are a JAG A$$ poster

GFY

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets went 8-8, missed the playoffs.

Pats went 13-3, almost won a Super Bowl

This whole thread is like the C student making fun of the A student who got an A-.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 04-30-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I'm pretty sure I saw a thread started by a Pats fan a couple days ago comparing a 2nd round pick from the Pats and a 6th round pick from the Jets...
    Two wrong posts don't make a right!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Of course there is always Ron Brace. Of course fair weather fans like yourself and the ass from Texas may have never heard of this guy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Feeble

First, the 2008 draft netted Keller, who is our start TE, Jets traded up to get him. Gholston was a bust, Lowery was traded.

The 2010 draft is hardly a failed draft. Wilson had a very solid year last year, and is ready to step in a starting role now. Ducasse will be competing for the starting RT spot this year, there is some upside there, he was a player with a big ceiling but was raw coming out. McKnight is a pro-bowl calliber returner, our 3rd down back, and has played on defense, very versatile. Conner is our starting FB, how the hell is that a failed draft? The only failure is your research, and feeble attempts to ward off the Patriot draft failures by trying to spin the Jets' draft record.
    LOL! How many times did I say the only player still on the team was Keller. You gotta love a draft that four years later the only player left from a draft is a slightly above average TE.

Gotta love your spin on the 2010 draft. Duccasse is competing for a starter role like Vernon Gholston was competing for a starting role year after year. It is coaches speak for we won't admit our high draft pick is a bust. The upside for Duccasse will be the free roster spot when they cut him. At least Belichick has the balls to admit a high draft pick is a bust and doesn't waste a roster spot on him.

The NFL was going to give McKnight the Pro Bowl spot for returners, but he fumble the award and they gave it to someone else. Other than McKnight fumbling away a bunch of kick and punt returns last year, he was spectacular. Holding onto the ball is a pretty low priority for a returner.

As for Conner, the Jets have already intimated that they he may not make the final 53 man roster.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously?!? The sixth overall pick vs. the 26th pick in the 3rd round. Price was a draft bust for sure, but Gholston is one of the biggest draft busts in NFL history.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    LOL! How many times did I say the only player still on the team was Keller. You gotta love a draft that four years later the only player left from a draft is a slightly above average TE.

Gotta love your spin on the 2010 draft. Duccasse is competing for a starter role like Vernon Gholston was competing for a starting role year after year. It is coaches speak for we won't admit our high draft pick is a bust. The upside for Duccasse will be the free roster spot when they cut him. At least Belichick has the balls to admit a high draft pick is a bust and doesn't waste a roster spot on him.

The NFL was going to give McKnight the Pro Bowl spot for returners, but he fumble the award and they gave it to someone else. Other than McKnight fumbling away a bunch of kick and punt returns last year, he was spectacular. Holding onto the ball is a pretty low priority for a returner.

As for Conner, the Jets have already intimated that they he may not make the final 53 man roster.
    2010 stunk.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course there is always Ron Brace. Of course fair weather fans like yourself and the ass from Texas may have never heard of this guy.
    Brace is a bust at this point too, but he had a few good games in 2010. That is more than Gholston or Duccasse who was drafted in the same round as Brace had thus far in their careers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Jets went 8-8, missed the playoffs.

Pats went 13-3, almost won a Super Bowl

This whole thread is like the C student making fun of the A student who got an A-.
    The thread has devolved into that, I agree. But if you're just looking solely at draft selections, the Pats haven't done well in recent years. You can point to their record, but that's due almost entirely to Brady and Belichick.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have NO surviving non kickers from TWO drafts 2006 & 2007....and with 24+ draft picks for mumbles to pee away

Jets drafted ONE HOF PLAYER IN EACH OF THOSE TWO DRAFTS

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    The thread has devolved into that, I agree. But if you're just looking solely at draft selections, the Pats haven't done well in recent years. You can point to their record, but that's due almost entirely to Brady and Belichick.
    I disagree. The Pats have done fairly well in recent years. Not between 2006-2009. But then again, the Jets haven't done well between 2008 and 2010. Jets fans are quick to point out the Pats' draft blunders, but refuse to admit the Jets' draft blunders.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Brace is a bust at this point too, but he had a few good games in 2010. That is more than Gholston or Duccasse who was drafted in the same round as Brace had thus far in their careers.
    Gholston and Robertson were the two worst busts in the last decade for the Jets.

Duccasse gets another shot, as far as I'm concerned, before I deem him a bust. Although I'm not overly optimistic about him, in fairness, the lockout hurt his development last year. I think he should get one more shot this season, just my opinion.