Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 539

Thread: So the Pats get another A in the draft

  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    You have NO surviving non kickers from TWO drafts 2006 & 2007....and with 24+ draft picks for mumbles to pee away

    Jets drafted ONE HOF PLAYER IN EACH OF THOSE TWO DRAFTS

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    Congratulations! Apparently Tannenbaum did so well in 2006 and 2007, he threw darts against the board in 2008 because he couldn't have done much worse if he just picked names out of a hat,

    No one is denying the Jets drafted spectacularly in 2006 and 2007, but that was 5 and 6 years ago. I am talking what they have done since those drafts and you can argue not much and less than what the Pats have done. Since that draft the Jets have drafted no potential HOFers at this point (some guys it is too soon to tell). The Pats have at least one (Gronkowski).

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Seriously?!? The sixth overall pick vs. the 26th pick in the 3rd round. Price was a draft bust for sure, but Gholston is one of the biggest draft busts in NFL history.
    I'll rattle off 10 bigger busts from guys you've probably never even heard of... There's been worse picks bro, much much worse picks...

    He's bad. Awful. Nowhere near the front of the line... Although he probably slides into the top 100 somehow...

    Cade McNown
    Patrick Bates
    Jack Thompson
    Kelly Stouffer
    David Clingler
    Joe Profit
    Bo Matthews
    Heath Shuler
    Art Schlichter
    Lawrence Phillips

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Since that draft the Jets have drafted no potential HOFers at this point (some guys it is too soon to tell). The Pats have at least one (Gronkowski).
    One great year and he's a potential HOFer?

    The f v c k is wrong with you?

  4. #344
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,191
    I officially give up

    The only way to deal with these chowd gnats trying to destroy the Jets Insider Landing Strip...


    Ignore List

    DeanPatsFan GuidoYaztremski PatsFanTX Rob0729

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I'll rattle off 10 bigger busts from guys you've probably never even heard of... There's been worse picks bro, much much worse picks...

    He's bad. Awful. Nowhere near the front of the line... Although he probably slides into the top 100 somehow...

    Cade McNown
    Patrick Bates
    Jack Thompson
    Kelly Stouffer
    David Clingler
    Joe Profit
    Bo Matthews
    Heath Shuler
    Art Schlichter
    Lawrence Phillips
    Some of those names are bigger busts. Others (such as mcnown and klingler, who were both drafted later than #6) are not IMO. Mike Junkin and Akili Smith are two other names that fit nicely on your list.

    But, tbh, all these pieces of crap all smell really bad. Tough to say that some of the foul-smelling stink smells worse than the rest of it.

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    But, tbh, all these pieces of crap all smell really bad. Tough to say that some of the foul-smelling stink smells worse than the rest of it.
    No need to pile on TX and Robo.

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I'll rattle off 10 bigger busts from guys you've probably never even heard of... There's been worse picks bro, much much worse picks...

    He's bad. Awful. Nowhere near the front of the line... Although he probably slides into the top 100 somehow...

    Cade McNown
    Patrick Bates
    Jack Thompson
    Kelly Stouffer
    David Clingler
    Joe Profit
    Bo Matthews
    Heath Shuler
    Art Schlichter
    Lawrence Phillips

    Cade McNown - Drafted 12th overall, Gholston was 6th overall. McNown at least started.

    Patrick Bates - Drafted 12th overall, had 18 starts in career. 18 starts more than Gholston

    Jack Thompson Yes drafted higher (3rd), but had 33 TDs. He sucked, but at least he contributed in some way

    Kelly Stouffer - Drafted the same spot as Gholston. Was a bust for the Cardinals because he refused to sign his contract and then they traded him a way. So at least they got something out of him.

    Joe Profit - Drafted seventh. Had three career rushing TDs. Three more TDs than sack master, Gholston, got in sacks.

    Bo Matthews - Drafted second overall. Got 1566 rushing yards, 11 career TDs, and 488 receiving yards. Yes, he sucked, but more productive than Gholston.

    Heath Shuler Second overall. He sucked. One of the biggest all time busts.

    Art Schlichter - A huge draft bust and one of the only players with a lifetime ban for gambling.

    Lawrence Phillips - He was a huge bust too, but he did play two mediocre seasons for the Rams. He was far more productive than Gholston and they were both drafted sixth overall.

    I am sorry, but Gholston ranks right up there with most of these guys.

  8. #348
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I officially give up

    The only way to deal with these chowd gnats trying to destroy the Jets Insider Landing Strip...


    Ignore List

    DeanPatsFan GuidoYaztremski PatsFanTX Rob0729
    Am I going on your superduper ignore list because you already put me on your ignore list already. And it hasn't stopped you from responding to my posts.

  9. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Mike Junkin and Akili Smith are two other names that fit nicely on your list.
    Most names were included for some sense of obscurity to them...

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Some of those names are bigger busts. Others (such as mcnown and klingler, who were both drafted later than #6) are not IMO. Mike Junkin and Akili Smith are two other names that fit nicely on your list.

    But, tbh, all these pieces of crap all smell really bad. Tough to say that some of the foul-smelling stink smells worse than the rest of it.
    I agree. He did also miss Ryan Leaf. I would put Gholston in the top ten. Probably the low end of the top 10, but there are worst bust and he arguably wasn't even the worst bust of his own draft. JaMarcus Russell probably deserves that honor.

  11. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Most names were included for some sense of obscurity to them...
    Man, I thought Mike Junkin fit that bill!

  12. #352
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,191
    this place is much, much, much better already with robot, tx, dean and guido no longer posting here

  13. #353
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    I agree. He did also miss Ryan Leaf. I would put Gholston in the top ten. Probably the low end of the top 10, but there are worst bust and he arguably wasn't even the worst bust of his own draft. JaMarcus Russell probably deserves that honor.
    Russell and Leaf are the poster-boys of the modern NFL bust.

  14. #354
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Man, I thought Mike Junkin fit that bill!
    Perfectly, I just didn't want to acknowledge that I missed him

  15. #355
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    this place is much, much, much better already with robot, tx, dean and guido no longer posting here
    Ummm scroll up

  16. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    LOL! How many times did I say the only player still on the team was Keller. You gotta love a draft that four years later the only player left from a draft is a slightly above average TE.
    Considering that the next pick in that draft was a 4th, no 2nd, no 3rd, not really.

    See, if you did your research, it would make more sense. The Pats released a bunch of former 1st and 2nd roudn picks in the last 3 years, all from drafts spanning the last 5 years.

    The Jets 2008 draft was a bust for one player only, Gholston. Keller was #30 overall, the next pick was Lowery in the 4th round. Not seeing 5th and 6th rounders on the team 4 years later is not that much of a stretch.

    Do you research homer. Your never-ending pursuit to justify and defend every negative Patriot slant makes you look silly.

  17. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Brace is a bust at this point too, but he had a few good games in 2010. That is more than Gholston or Duccasse who was drafted in the same round as Brace had thus far in their careers.
    LMAO

    There is always a "but" when talking about the Pats...

    2010 jets netted 4 players for the Jets, 1 starts, another is a key member of the secondary at CB and would be starting on other teams throughout the league, 1 is competing for a starting role this year, and the other is a key member of the rotation at RB, and figures to be the #2 RB this year.

    If 2010 stinks for the Jets, the last 10 drafts have been collosal busts for the Pats.

  18. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    this place is much, much, much better already with robot, tx, dean and guido no longer posting here
    You can't see this post from sg3 because he is officially on your ignore list.

    Best feature on JI bar none!



  19. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Russell and Leaf are the poster-boys of the modern NFL bust.
    You missed Akili Smith, Matt Leinart, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch, Brady Quinn, and Byron Leftwich.

    All first rounders. All absolutely terrible.

    Smith is probably the closest to being on par with Leaf and Russell as far as sheer bustedness.

  20. #360
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

    The Pats released a bunch of former 1st and 2nd roudn picks in the last 3 years.
    Do you just make things up to feel good?

    Name a few of these 1st and 2nd round picks the Pats have released in the last 3 years.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us