Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: So the Pats get another A in the draft

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

If 2010 stinks for the Jets, the last 10 drafts have been collosal busts for the Pats.
    And all the Pats do is keep winning.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    And all the Pats do is keep winning.
    The Jets have more playoff wins since 2009 then the Patriots.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    The Jets have more playoff wins since 2009 then the Patriots.
    Yea, a couple of WC and division round playoff wins.

And if the Colts and Bengals didn't sit all their starters in 2009, the Jets don't even make the playoffs.

Though he tried his best, a Brady lead team has never been able to beat a Sanchez lead team in the post season.

Yea, a couple of WC and division round playoff wins.

And if the Colts and Bengals didn't sit all their starters in 2009, the Jets don't even make the playoffs.
    "If" a losers favorite word.

Considering that the next pick in that draft was a 4th, no 2nd, no 3rd, not really.

See, if you did your research, it would make more sense. The Pats released a bunch of former 1st and 2nd roudn picks in the last 3 years, all from drafts spanning the last 5 years.

The Jets 2008 draft was a bust for one player only, Gholston. Keller was #30 overall, the next pick was Lowery in the 4th round. Not seeing 5th and 6th rounders on the team 4 years later is not that much of a stretch.

Do you research homer. Your never-ending pursuit to justify and defend every negative Patriot slant makes you look silly.

I forgot Lowrey especially since he was such an impact player for the Jets last year. He might be even better for the Jets this year. Seriously has a shot at the Jets MVP.

Seriously, what part of only one player left on the Jets' roster from the 2008 draft do you not understand. In fact, last season (3 season after the draft), Keller was the only player left on the Jets roster.

If I did my research, I would realize I have to seriously dumb down my posts so you can understand.

Jets Insider VIP
    did you know that you can put four or more chowd troll jacka$$es on your ignore list here at JI and never have to see any of their stupid posts again...

except of course when my buddy rayray insists on quoting their sh1tstirring crap in every one of his responses

Rookie
    First and Second round picks that the Patriots have released.

09 Draft : 10-6

Butler (2nd rd #41) - Chung,Brace,Vollmer,Pryor,Edelman still on roster

08 Draft: 11-5

Wheatley (2nd rd #62) Mayo, Slater still on roster.

07 Draft: 16-0

Meriweather ( 1st rd #24) - Nobody still on roster.

06 Draft: 12-4

Maroney (1st rd # 21) - Gostkowski still on roster.
    Jackson (2nd rd #36)

Maroney produced for Patriots but was a disappointment for what he was expected to do. Injured too often.

Meriweather also was productive and was good enough to be a Pro Bowler but couldn't follow instructions and free lanced too much for BB's liking.

Jackson was a workout warrior BUST.

Record 2010 14-2

Record 2011 13-3

LMAO

There is always a "but" when talking about the Pats...

2010 jets netted 4 players for the Jets, 1 starts, another is a key member of the secondary at CB and would be starting on other teams throughout the league, 1 is competing for a starting role this year, and the other is a key member of the rotation at RB, and figures to be the #2 RB this year.

If 2010 stinks for the Jets, the last 10 drafts have been collosal busts for the Pats.
    So the best Patriots' draft in the last 10 years produced one solid BACK UP and several mediocre role players and second round bust.

BTW, no shot in Hell of starting, is techically a shot for Vlad. You might be the only person in the world who thinks Ducasse has a shot at starting. Not even his mother thinks that. If Ducasse winsd the starting role, either the league should do an investigation to see what PED the Jets are pumping into his system or Sanchez better upgrade his insurance policy.

You know what? The Pats have five starters from the 2010 draft (Gronk, McCourty, Hernandez, Spikes, and Deadrick) plus one of the leagues' better punters. Yet the Jets' 2010 draft was better.

This the rational objectivity that everyone on this board and boards you visit throughout the league have come to enjoy. How you haven't gotten media job with such keen insight is truly a crime against humanity.
    Last edited by Rob0729; 04-30-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    First and Second round picks that the Patriots have released.

09 Draft : 10-6

Butler (2nd rd #41) - Chung,Brace,Vollmer,Pryor,Edelman still on roster

08 Draft: 11-5

Wheatley (2nd rd #62) Mayo, Slater still on roster.

07 Draft: 16-0

Meriweather ( 1st rd #24) - Nobody still on roster.

06 Draft: 12-4

Jackson (2nd rd #36)

Maroney produced for Patriots but was a disappointment for what he was expected to do. Injured too often.

Meriweather also was productive and was good enough to be a Pro Bowler but couldn't follow instructions and free lanced too much for BB's liking.

Jackson was a workout warrior BUST.

Record 2010 14-2

Record 2011 13-3
    Hey Trolls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNSgIMQ0L2s

Banned

Record 2010 14-2

Record 2011 13-3
    Guess you haven't read the entire thread.

Won/Loss records are meaningless, it's more important to draft Pro Bowl players.

hmmm...6 slots in that trophy case. when was the last time the patsies won one? maybe they need to cheat more.

Jets champiomship trophies in the last 43 years:

Guess you haven't read the entire thread.

Won/Loss records are meaningless, it's more important to draft Pro Bowl players.
    The Jets have won more post season games since 2009 then the Patriots*.

Though he's tried his best, a Brady-lead team has never beaten a Sanchez-lead team in the post season.
    Last edited by JetsFanatic; 04-30-2012 at 05:33 PM.

All League
    LMAO

There is always a "but" when talking about the Pats...

2010 jets netted 4 players for the Jets, 1 starts, another is a key member of the secondary at CB and would be starting on other teams throughout the league, 1 is competing for a starting role this year, and the other is a key member of the rotation at RB, and figures to be the #2 RB this year.

I think we can all agree that the Jets have been the undisputed Kiper Trophy champs for the past 10 drafts.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    I think we can all agree that the Jets have been the undisputed Kiper Trophy champs for the past 10 drafts.
    Maybe you can give Rah!Rah! that tin foil hat from your avatar. Based on his posts, he may need it.

Jets Insider VIP
    so far I haven't added Patriot Reign, Patswelsherken or Jack Bauer to my ignore list.... but they are still under consideration

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    so far I haven't added Patriot Reign, Patswelsherken or Jack Bauer to my ignore list.... but they are still under consideration
    I complete you Shortbus3...don't fight the feeling.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post

The Jets have won more post season games since 2009 then the Patriots.

Patriots Last 10 years:

125-35, 78%
    9 playoff apps
    9 div titles
    5 AFC titles
    3 SB titles
    16-6 postseason record

What do the Jets numbers look like over the same period of time?

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Thanks for the update. I think I can speak for the rest of the board by saying we are all on the edge of our seats for the latest update of who you added to your ignore list.

Too bad you can't see this post because you are "ignoring" my posts, but I look forward to your rebuttal based on you sensing my response to your post without actually seeing it.

Jackson (2nd rd #36)

Agreed that Maroney was a disappointment but not a true "bust". They even got a 4th round pick for him unlike Jackson, Wheatley and some of the other jokers you listed who were simply cut outright. (As an interesting aside, the Pats packaged that pick from the Maroney trade to Oakland for the 2nd rounder in this year's draft used to select Tavon Wilson, who is already himself being labeled as a "reach" and "bust").