Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: So the Pats get another A in the draft

Jets Insider VIP
    Today 5:45 PM

PatsFanTX

This message is hidden because PatsFanTX is on your ignore list.

Today, 05:45 PM

Rob0729

This message is hidden because Rob0729 is on your ignore list.

BEST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Though he tried his best, a Brady lead team has never been able to beat a Sanchez lead team in the post season.
    NFL full re-draft, your goal is to win a Super Bowl this year, no teams exist yet... you're on the clock in the first round while QBs are available - who do you take, Sanchez or Brady?
    Last edited by ASG0531; 04-30-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    NFL full re-draft, your goal is to win a Super Bowl this year, no teams exist yet... you're on the clock in the first round while QBs are available - who do you take, Sanchez or Brady?
    In this fantasy world, is video taping defensive signals permitted? Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl without that advantage.

In this fantasy world, is video taping defensive signals permitted? Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl without that advantage.

Let's just say that I don't buy into any part of the idea that the absence of cameras is a reason that the Pats haven't won a recent Lombardi. The Pats have become a little bit like the Marino Dolphins---lots of offfense, especially in the regular season,but not quite enough defense. You can't just dial up replacements for guys like Seymour, McGinest, Bruschi and Law. We'll see how this draft class does, but I think if the Jets can find some consistent offense, the Pats can be had. If, if, if.

Rookie
    The Jets have won more post season games since 2009 then the Patriots*.

Though he's tried his best, a Brady-lead team has never beaten a Sanchez-lead team in the post season.
    Figures don't lie but liars figure.

So I guess by that analysis everyone would want to take Sanchez over Brady as their QB and the Jets over the Patriots as their team?

Actually yes... hell, step it up, the defense knows what's coming every play. Who do you choose to beat them down the field for a TD? Sanchez or Brady?
    Last edited by ASG0531; 04-30-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    enjoy Tammi for the next two seasons, max

because she's coming to an end after that and the Ryan "Leaf" Mullett error will begin

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    enjoy Tammi for the next two seasons, max

because she's coming to an end after that and the Ryan "Leaf" Mullett error will begin
    Two seasons max? Because Brady's skills and competitive desire are waning?

And just curious, what are the comparables you're using to equate Mallet (whom you've never seen play) with Leaf?

Jets Insider VIP
    This message is hidden because GuidoYaztremski is on your ignore list.

This message is hidden because GuidoYaztremski is on your ignore list.
    he said you should GFY.

Jets Insider VIP
    almost time for you to join your pals, fatman

Draft fallout: Are the Jets asking too much, too soon?

By Gregg Rosenthal NFL.com
    Around The League editor
    Published: April 30, 2012 at 01:45 p.m.
    Updated: April 30, 2012 at 02:53 p.m.

Are the Jets asking too much of their first two picks?

After the Seattle Seahawks swiped Bruce Irvin, the New York Jets swung for the fences with their first round pick defensive end Quinton Coples. The kid is a quintessential boom-or-bust pick that is long on talent and short on certainty. Second round pick Stephen Hill is in the same mold. The Georgia Tech product owns terrific measurables, but he's considered raw and difficult to project after playing in a limited passing offense in college.

Taking calculated risks is fine, but this Jets team is counting on these two players to fill major holes immediately. Coach Rex Ryan said he envisioned Coples and Hill starting right away.

New York is desperate for a pass rusher that can win one-on-one matchups. Mike DeVito is apparently not that guy; Coples might be. Hill is a very raw route runner, but he'll have to learn on the fly with Jeremy Kerley as the team's No. 3 receiver and, uh, Chaz Schilens after that. Ryan is making life difficult on his inexperienced quarterbacks and his inexperienced rookie wideout.

(Yet if this was Bill Belicheat, wow, he'd be grooming kid right into Canton, yes gentlemen and Pats fans, Bill Belicheat would get it done!!!)

The Jets expect to make the playoffs. They need their first two picks to contribute a great deal to get there, no matter how much they have to learn. Ryan's comments on the state of his defense after adding Coples says it all.

I dont want to put any undue expectations on our team, Ryan said. So I would expect that wed lead the league.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Yes, we Jets are asking TOO MUCH from our picks.
    Who do we think we are? The Pats? who never rely on any draft pick needing to start and produce. Only those delusional Jets would expect production from these QUESTIONABLE and RISKY picks.
    Hahahahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

what a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Two seasons max? Because Brady's skills and competitive desire are waning?

And just curious, what are the comparables you're using to equate Mallet (whom you've never seen play) with Leaf?
    Then the Pats and Jets will both have horrible QBs and it will at least make the division title race interesting.

almost time for you to join your pals, fatman
    can't handle mean old TX?

What a *****

Jets Insider VIP
    I think I've just about got this entire place fumigated now....

Patriot 86

This message is hidden because Patriot 86 is on your ignore list.

View Post Today, 10:43 PM

FF2

This message is hidden because FF2 is on your ignore list.

All League
    I think I've just about got this entire place fumigated now....

Patriot 86

This message is hidden because Patriot 86 is on your ignore list.

View Post Today, 10:43 PM

FF2

This message is hidden because FF2 is on your ignore list.
    My son used to plug his ears with his fingers and ignore me...when he was 4. Time to buy some internet big boy pants.

Ryan Mallet will likely not be as good as Brady but that can be said for 95% of other QBs. Sanchez has been average up to this point, I'm sure Mallet is capable of achieving that lofty status when he eventually plays.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    My son used to plug his ears with his fingers and ignore me...when he was 4. Time to buy some internet big boy pants.

Ryan Mallet will likely not be as good as Brady but that can be said for 95% of other QBs. Sanchez has been average up to this point, I'm sure Mallet is capable of achieving that lofty status when he eventually plays.
    Average ! not being able to complete 60% passes and never having a QBR over 80 isn't average it sucks.

Today 5:45 PM

PatsFanTX

This message is hidden because PatsFanTX is on your ignore list.

Today, 05:45 PM

Rob0729

This message is hidden because Rob0729 is on your ignore list.

BEST!!!
    Ok, I'll play:

"What is what SG3 would see if he actually put PatsFanTX and myself on his ignore list, Alex?"

Did I win. Sorry, I thought we were playing Jeopardy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot 86 View Post
    Average ! not being able to complete 60% passes and never having a QBR over 80 isn't average it sucks.
    And going 16-0 and 13-3 is a fine season avg for wins but it don't mean squat when you get beat in the Super Bowl from a 10-6, 9-7 team..