Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: So the Pats get another A in the draft

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    not "virtually" KIDD, totally meaningless

All you had to do is watch the third day of the draft and see that Patriot asskissing shill Lombardi awarding them their AAAAA+++++ GRADE two hours before the frigging draft was even completed

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The Jets can be a 12-4 team, they can be that good. They have the potential.

Locking in the Pats at 14 wins is pure comedy and homerism, especially right now, with so much up in the air with the team on offense at WR, with Welker's inevitable holdout, Mankins injury, Brady aging, BGJE's loss, and a defense that was at the bottom of the league last year.

They had a good run last year

Teams will be better prepared this year against the Patriots two TE's.
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    +1

They can be..

They have the potential

You = Fail

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that the infamous post SAR is referencing where RayRay allegedly predicted 12 wins? If so, that's kind of weak sauce...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Is that the infamous post SAR is referencing where RayRay allegedly predicted 12 wins? If so, that's kind of weak sauce...
    +1

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boy Ray really hit the nail on the head.

The Pats sure do miss "BGJE"".

I sure do wish we still had Ben Green Jarvis Ellis.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A+++++++++++++++++ for Jones. Rex and Tanny missed the boat on him.

A for Hightower.

Going back to 2011, Ridley has become an A.

Pats have reloaded. Beli got his groove back.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    A+++++++++++++++++ for Jones. Rex and Tanny missed the boat on him.

A for Hightower.

Going back to 2011, Ridley has become an A.

Pats have reloaded. Beli got his groove back.

A+ for Chandler Jones? Please . . .

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    A+ for Chandler Jones? Please . . .
    Throw the boxscores away and watch him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Throw the boxscores away and watch him.
    I watched a fair bit of him. Plays with a good motor, but has one move on the pass rush. He's a good player - a legit 1st round pick - but an A+, not in my book.

One guy who I thought would suck who has actually impressed me is Courtney Upshaw. Looked slow as molasses in the LSU game last year but has looked like a different player for the Ravens.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watched a fair bit of him. Plays with a good motor, but has one move on the pass rush. He's a good player - a legit 1st round pick - but an A+, not in my book.

One guy who I thought would suck who has actually impressed me is Courtney Upshaw. Looked slow as molasses in the LSU game last year but has looked like a different player for the Ravens.
    Yeah, he's no Coples at this point.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Yeah, he's no Coples at this point.
    If you are trying to make the 'point' - popular these days - that whomever the Jets pick in the draft is a bum and a bust the second the Jets pick them - well, congratulations I guess.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are trying to make the 'point' - popular these days - that whomever the Jets pick in the draft is a bum and a bust the second the Jets pick them - well, congratulations I guess.

I think his point is a little more poignant than that. Pats' picks have looked good. Heck, even much maligned Tavon Wilson has seen more time and been more productive than Coples.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love how people are making these big arguments for Chandler Jones when they couldn't even pick him out of a ****ing lineup before the draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    First, the pats defense is very young with only Mayo and Wilfork with 3 years or more as a starter. It is a very young defense. In 2009 the pats were old on D and had to totally rebuild on the fly. I am thinking by next year the pats have a shot at being in the upper 3rd defensively. What needs to be accounted for is the the pats score a lot and other teams are much more aggresive when playing the pats knowing that they need to score 24 points to have a chance on winning. .

Tavon Wilson has been playing fine and has two int in 4 games.

Chandler Jones is playing well and yes he is a project.

Hightower is starting and flashes but is asked to do a lot and is thinking a lot more than reacting.

The jets D this year are like the 2009 pats D, Samuel/Revis gone and the LBs old and not able to cover. We will see what the Jets D looks like next year when they have young guys playing big minutes.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought Jones was a poor pick at the time but he's definitely proved me wrong. He looks good out there.

The top three picks for the Pats this year are definitely solid and contributing already.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    I love how people are making these big arguments for Chandler Jones when they couldn't even pick him out of a ****ing lineup before the draft.
    Well since he only played 1/2 the year for a team that was rarely on TV why would they? He was only a junior so most don't follow juniors from non BCS schools that closely. They don't have 12 scouts traveling around the country talking to college coaches.

Most draft "experts" had him as a project and by March had him going in the first or 2nd. If a defensive player does not get a lot of Int or sacks and play for a non BCS school, most fans won't know him.

****, before the combine I was unfamilar with Irvin and he played at a big time school. What about Amini Silatolu never heard of him before the senior bowl consideration.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watch a lot of Syracuse football. Knew about him for a while. He definitely was not projected as a first rounder before the season. Then he was hurt so I imagine that hurt his stock even more.

Can't hold fans to the same standards as the Jets FO and scouting dept. It is their job to know about these guys. Not ours. Thus far, he is the real deal. And it is not just the Pat ball washers who are praising him.

Last three Pats drafts have been good. Gronk, Hernandez, Ridley, McCourty (anybody comparing him and Wilson anymore?), Jones and Hightower. All key contributors on a contending team.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    What does any fans' "ability to pick him out of a lineup" have to do with anything? Isn't that kind of the underlying point as to why this entire thread is a joke. Great, Mel Kiper didn't have Tavon Wilson even rated as a draftable player and therefore you had never heard of him. Well, he has outperformed Coples in every respect. Teams employ entire staffs to evaluate players- threads critiquing players before they have even played a snap are absurd.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watch a lot of Syracuse football. Knew about him for a while. He definitely was not projected as a first rounder before the season. Then he was hurt so I imagine that hurt his stock even more.

Can't hold fans to the same standards as the Jets FO and scouting dept. It is their job to know about these guys. Not ours. Thus far, he is the real deal. And it is not just the Pat ball washers who are praising him.

Last three Pats drafts have been good. Gronk, Hernandez, Ridley, McCourty (anybody comparing him and Wilson anymore?), Jones and Hightower. All key contributors on a contending team.
    Yes, they both stink