Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: So the Pats get another A in the draft

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    It is so cliche of a response by Jets fans I just ignore it at this point.
    What else can you do, argue that it's not true?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Sanchez/Tebow can win 15 or 16 games
    Can't wait!

All League
    The glaring indictment should be that all the experts "missed" Tayvon pre draft, then, after bb takes him in the 2nd, he's a perfect fit. I'd like to see these guys grade their mock drafts.

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    The glaring indictment should be that all the experts "missed" Tayvon pre draft, then, after bb takes him in the 2nd, he's a perfect fit. I'd like to see these guys grade their mock drafts.

I haven't seen a single draft review that hasn't blasted the Wilson pick. Which ones have you been reading?

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    What else can you do, argue that it's not true?

Yes, because the offense has suffered now that they don't videotape defensive signals.

One last time. The reason why the Pats haven't won a Super Bowl since Spygate is because of the defense which has nothing to do with what they got caught for. This is why this argument is stupid and not worth rebutting.

Pats are easily winning 13/14 games next year.

Do you seriously think Sanchez/Tebow can win 15 or 16 games?

Good luck with that.
    QB rankings for AFC East:

1. Sanchez
    2. Tebow
    Combined Tebow and Sanchez have won five playoff games the last three seasons.

3. Fitz
    4. Brady - unable to beat physical teams. Is afraid of the Giants and has never been able to beat Sanchez in the post-season.
    5. Tannehill - with a little seasoning may surpass Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post

1. Sanchez
    2. Tebow

3. Fitz
    4. Brady - unable to beat physical teams. Is afraid of the Giants and has never been able to beat Sanchez in the post-season.
    5. Tannehill. with a little seasoning may surpass Brady.
    You know, all joking aside, that's a very interesting point. There's a lot of experience there. People can say what they want, but that's a lot of experience right there beating people the likes of Palmer, Manning, Brady, Rivers and Roethlisberger......in the playoffs.

I think we can take Tebow out of that list, as he's not going to be a traditional QB this season.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I haven't seen a single draft review that hasn't blasted the Wilson pick. Which ones have you been reading?
    Me either. The general consesus is that the Pats had a bad second round, but they made seven selections and only one of them was Tavon Wilson. You don't judge an entire draft on one pick.

Jones, Hightower, Bequette, and Dennard were all considered steals/good picks by a large number of analysts, but Wilson was universally panned.

1. Sanchez
    2. Tebow

3. Fitz
    Please name the physical team Sanchez beat last year.

Just a word of advise. Drugs can kill you when abused at the rate you look to be using them.

I give you the Homer Award of the Night.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    You know, all joking aside, that's a very interesting point. There's a lot of experience there. People can say what they want, but that's a lot of experience right there beating people the likes of Palmer, Manning, Brady, Rivers and Roethlisberger......in the playoffs.

I think we can take Tebow out of that list, as he's not going to be a traditional QB this season.
    Well, you got a point there. Brady has never beaten a good team in the playoffs. So clearly he is fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

What kidding? Every point in my post is accurate.

Mark Sanchez is unbeaten against Brady in the post season; Tom Brady is afraid of the Giants and simply cannot beat a physical defense. He was awful against the Ravens, it took a dropped sure TD pass & missed FG from inside the 10 to beat the Ravens.

A few things:

1.) Who cares about what draft experts say the day after the draft? I am happy people like the Pats' draft, but it means nothing.
    2.) Mayock had Chandler Jones as his 8th best player in the draft (top DE/OLB) before the draft. He didn't suddenly fall in love with him because the Pats drafted him. If the Jets drafted him, he would have said the same thing.
    3.) Coples and Hill are boom or bust type of players. They have the potential to be All Pros, but they both have big question marks. Coples has concerns about his motor and as you guys found out with Vernon Gholston, that can be significant. Hill has 49 career receptions and never has had to learn the route tree or read defensive formations in a triple option offense. Both Coples and Hill could end up being far better draft picks than Jones and Hightower, but Jones and Hightower are safer selections at this point and fit needs better (Looks like Coples will end up replacing a solid, but aging Mike DeVito).
    4.) The Pats addressed their needs on defense with their picks. The Jets have two glaring areas not really addressed - RT and OLB.

Judging a draft the day after the draft is like grading an entire 100 question test based on the results of the first two answers. But there is a lot of reasons why the Pats would get a better grade than the Jets.
    ROFLMAO

The draft weekend wouldn't be complete without Robhomer90210's spin about the Patriots taking a UDFA in the 2nd round, peeing away picks, to move down in the draft to take a rugby player.

And of course, Jones is a safer pick to Coples, who was only rated as the #1 defensive player going into CF last season and if not for the scandal at UNC, would have been a top 5 pick, but Chandler Jones, who was not even considered a 2nd day draft pick, moved up the board pre-draft, and is now a "safe" pick

ROFLMAO

What kidding? Every point in my post is accurate.

Mark Sanchez is unbeaten against Brady; Tom Brady is afraid of the Giants and simply cannot beat a physical defense. He was awful against the Ravens, it took a dropped sure TD pass & missed FG from inside the 10 to beat the Ravens.
    And the knock on Sanchez if you hit him early, you can take him out of the game. A clear sign that he can beat a physical defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    ROFLMAO

The draft weekend wouldn't be complete without Robhomer90210's spin about the Patriots taking a UDFA in the 2nd round, peeing away picks, to move down in the draft to take a rugby player.

And of course, Jones is a safer pick to Coples, who was only rated as the #1 defensive player going into CF last season and if not for the scandal at UNC, would have been a top 5 pick, but Chandler Jones, who was not even considered a 2nd day draft pick, moved up the board pre-draft, and is now a "safe" pick

ROFLMAO
    A classic Rah!Rah! response. Everything the Jets do is awesome.

I have said repeatedly on this board that Wilson was a WTF pick. I didn't like the pick, but it is one pick. Unlike you I can be critical of my team. BTW, they used a sixth round pick on Ebner and the trade from the second round was a 3rd and a 5th.

Again, draft grades mean nothing. If I was a homer, I would act like they did since virtually every analyst and the fan vote on ESPN gave the Pats a better grade than the Jets.

Banned

1. Sanchez
    2. Tebow

3. Fitz
    Are you RamRod's kid?

ROFLMAO

ROFLMAO
    To rate Jones above or equal to Coples is beyond stupid!! Unless of course you are one of the idiotic trolls or the ass-licking media.

Are you RamRod's kid?
    I print just facts.

A classic Rah!Rah! response. Everything the Jets do is awesome.

I have said repeatedly on this board that Wilson was a WTF pick. I didn't like the pick, but it is one pick. Unlike you I can be critical of my team.

Again, draft grades mean nothing. If I was a homer, I would act like they did since virtually every analyst and the fan vote on ESPN gave the Pats a better grade than the Jets.
    I wasn't talking about the Jets.

Are you RamRod's kid?
    It must suck to have a QB who is afraid to the Giants!! I guess you have to deal with it though!
    Last edited by JetsFanatic; 04-29-2012 at 10:04 PM.

I wasn't talking about the Jets.
    Sorry, then every thing the Pats do sucks and if they win, it is just luck.

Yes, we all know the Jets were far better than the Pats last year, but the Pats were lucky and the Jets weren't. The only reason why the Pats finished ahed of the Jets.