Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: So the Pats get another A in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Hey RamRod, one quick question?

When was the last time the Jets won more games than the Pats in the AFCE?

The correct answer is more than a friggn' decade.
    In the regular season, you're right, like a decade.

In the playoffs, 2 of the last 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Amani Toomer is another tool, have you ever listened to that idiot?
    I love Amani Toomer. I think he's really good with his commentary whatnot. Carl Banks not so much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Right, we all don't know how they will turn out...

But but but but but..... as you are conveniently quick to point out...

As per YOUR "source," the Pats picks were the safest picks, the lower round picks were steals, while the Jets picks were "risky" picks with potential.

LOL, what is funny is you don't even realize how much of a transparent homer you are.

LOL! I said both Coples and Hill could turn into All Pros and far better picks than either Jones and Hightower. And you call me a homer for that.

Dude, you are pathetic. You are such a blind homer buffoon on this board that if I said the Jets had the best draft ever in the history of drafts, you would attack me for being a blind homer trying to put a rosy Patriots' spin on things.

Seriously, no one knows how any draft pick is going to turn out for sure at this point from Andrew Luck to Mr. Irrelevant. I am not proclaiming that the Pats' draft picks are going to end up being better players than the Jets' draft picks. I am just stating the reasons why analysts would say the Pats had a better draft.

Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    I love Amani Toomer. I think he's really good with his commentary whatnot. Carl Banks not so much for me.
    I always found him unduly harsh on Sanchez. Don't get me wrong, Sanchez did not play well last well year, but he ignores the past playoff success Sanchez has had and also forgets how his own QB, Eli Manning struggled in his first few seasons in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    LMAO

The Trolls actually think you're serious!

Hey dont laugh. The Pats trolls watch TV and they also saw the experts tell them they had an EXCELLENT DRAFT!!!
    Belicheat is the Don King of the NFL Draft, he never loses. He is so amazing.
    GOD. I mean, the Patriots should have their own Division. Like maybe the AFC NorthEast, no one can beat them not in pre-season, regular season, post season, Madden simulation and not even on Draft Day.
    They might change the name to the 2013 Patriots Draft via NFL.
    One more amazing draft class and ESPN will change its #1 show to PatsCenter....da-da- da da. Truth is Belicheat wanted to draft the bulldog from University of Georgia, yeah, the actual bulldog but he was worried the experts would have given his draft a B+ grade and not that A grade.
    Next year he is just gonna draft the Florida State horse, so suck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    LOL! I said both Coples and Hill could turn into All Pros and far better picks than either Jones and Hightower. And you call me a homer for that.

Dude, you are pathetic. You are such a blind homer buffoon on this board that if I said the Jets had the best draft ever in the history of drafts, you would attack me for being a blind homer trying to put a rosy Patriots' spin on things.

Seriously, no one knows how any draft pick is going to turn out for sure at this point from Andrew Luck to Mr. Irrelevant. I am not proclaiming that the Pats' draft picks are going to end up being better players than the Jets' draft picks. I am just stating the reasons why analysts would say the Pats had a better draft.
    Hey! Leave Ray Ray alone.

Yes, he's a complete buffoon. But, he's our buffoon!

LOL! I said both Coples and Hill could turn into All Pros and far better picks than either Jones and Hightower.
    I believe you're right, Rob. I personally think Coples will change the defensive front significantly.

As for the Pats' picks, I like the Hightower pick more than I do Jones. If I were the Pats, I would have chosen a tackle (Reiff) at the first spot, and Hightower in the second spot as is. Hightower's a steal, IMO.

Where did I or anyone say that the picks were definitely going to be even good. All people can say is about their potential. Fact of the matter is no one knows how anyone's draft picks will pan out.

You guys do have to face the truth that all of your mocking of the Pats' drafts doesn't change the fact that the Jets seem to have had more misses than hits in the last few drafts. As of right now, the only good draft pick from the 2010 draft for the Jets was Kyle Wilson and he is inconsistent (started the season strong, but petered out).

Im sorry, i didnt have my translator on....all i read was, blah blah blah blah Patriots blah blah blah Kyle Wilson blah blah blah McToasty Future Hall of Famer blah blah blah

Borrrrriiiinnnnggggg!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    In the regular season, you're right, like a decade.

In the playoffs, 2 of the last 3 years.

Jets Insider VIP
    This thread is slowly becoming gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    The "Louis Friend" of gold threads.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I believe you're right, Rob. I personally think Coples will change the defensive front significantly.

As for the Pats' picks, I like the Hightower pick more than I do Jones. If I were the Pats, I would have chosen a tackle (Reiff) at the first spot, and Hightower in the second spot as is. Hightower's a steal, IMO.
    To be truthfully, I don't have much of an opinion on Coples. He definitely has the physical ability, but the concerns about the motor scare me. But there has been conflicting stories to why he had a motor problem last year and some do not make it as big of an issue as others.

I hated Stephen Hill before the draft. You can go to Patsfans.com and see I was adamant against the Pats taking him. He might actually be better suited for the Jets' offense espcially if Tebow is going to get 20 plays a game. Hill will definitely benefit from a simplified option offense early in his career. The question will be if he can learn the route tree and how to read defenses presnap to make adjustments on routes. If he does, he could be a force. The problem is not every WR can learn these things.

I think Jones will be a better fit for a Patriots' style of defense than others because they run so many looks and Jones is versatile. He is also still raw and probably be limited to subpackages early in his career. He like Coples has tons of upside, but different question marks.

I agree Hightower is probably the better pick at least early because he can line up anywhere. He has a motor to boot.
    Last edited by Rob0729; 04-29-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Round: 5, Pick: 28 (Overall: 163)
    Traded to Packers: If using the trade value chart as a guide, the Patriots come up short again in this exchange, but it's not a major spread (minus 11.6 points). Also, the spread is negated by the three-for-one exchange as the Patriots get three picks in return -- a sixth-rounder (197) and two seventh-rounders (224, 235). The difference in player between 163 and 235 isn't huge, and this gives the Patriots a few more darts to throw against the board in an area where they've had some recent success.

----------------------

Wow even the NON-PICKS are AMAZING!
    What an organization. What a team. How do they do it?
    Imagine if they had a HOF coach and HOF QB....they would end world hunger and global warming, maybe during next year's Draft.

Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    Im sorry, i didnt have my translator on....all i read was, blah blah blah blah Patriots blah blah blah Kyle Wilson blah blah blah McToasty Future Hall of Famer blah blah blah

Borrrrriiiinnnnggggg!!!!
    Sorry, I forgot to translate my post from English to moron for you before I clicked the post button.

The Pats lose the off-season battle once again.

Even though they have been to 5 of the last 10 Super Bowls (losing 2 of them by a hair's breath) there are always a few posters here that think if they were the GM of the Pats , then they would have 5 SB wins.

Conversely, I don't know a Pats homer alive that believes the team should be 5-0 in SBs, even though it almost happened.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 04-29-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Absolutely, I just hope the Jets win the big game for all the long-time posters on this board who understand the game of football.

The ug-uns kind of ruin it.

They have no clue what it is be like to be a Jets fan.
    I count the days because i'm gonna be "whitney" merciless...

To be truthfully, I don't have much of an opinion on Coples. He definitely has the physical ability, but the concerns about the motor scare me. But there has been conflicting stories to why he had a motor problem last year and some do not make it as big of an issue as others.

I hated Stephen Hill before the draft. You can go to Patsfans.com and see I was adamant against the Pats taking him. He might actually be better suited for the Jets' offense espcially if Tebow is going to get 20 plays a game. Hill will definitely benefit from a simplified option offense early in his career. The question will be if he can learn the route tree and how to read defenses presnap to make adjustments on routes. If he does, he could be a force. The problem is not every WR can learn these things.

I think Jones will be a better fit for a Patriots' style of defense than others because they run so many looks and Jones is versatile. He is also still raw and probably be limited to subpackages early in his career. He like Coples has tons of upside, but different question marks.

I agree Hightower is probably the better pick at least early because he can line up anywhere. He has a motor to boot.

Lets face it.....

Patriots draft picks = Amazing potential, very very very little risk (if any).
    Jets draft picks = hot garbage that has fallen down a port-a-potty
    on a 120 degree day in Mumbai, India.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen Reed View Post
    Hey! Leave Ray Ray alone.

Yes, he's a complete buffoon. But, he's our buffoon!
    Nice.

I knew a poster named Roger Vick that said stuff like this.

Welcome to the board Owen Reed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Really, Pats versus the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    Round: 5, Pick: 28 (Overall: 163)
    Traded to Packers: If using the trade value chart as a guide, the Patriots come up short again in this exchange, but it's not a major spread (minus 11.6 points). Also, the spread is negated by the three-for-one exchange as the Patriots get three picks in return -- a sixth-rounder (197) and two seventh-rounders (224, 235). The difference in player between 163 and 235 isn't huge, and this gives the Patriots a few more darts to throw against the board in an area where they've had some recent success.

----------------------

Wow even the NON-PICKS are AMAZING!
    What an organization. What a team. How do they do it?
    Imagine if they had a HOF coach and HOF QB....they would end world hunger and global warming, maybe during next year's Draft.
    It was a lopsided trade no doubt. But it might have been the best trade offer they were given. The choice was probably take someone they didn't want that high to take the trade. I will slam the team for the Wilson pick, but many times in trades outside the first round you gotta take what you get.

The Pats have been on the other side of a lot of lopsided trades, but I bet you never gave them credit for them.