Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: So the Pats get another A in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    To be truthfully, I don't have much of an opinion on Coples. He definitely has the physical ability, but the concerns about the motor scare me. But there has been conflicting stories to why he had a motor problem last year and some do not make it as big of an issue as others.

I hated Stephen Hill before the draft. You can go to Patsfans.com and see I was adamant against the Pats taking him. He might actually be better suited for the Jets' offense espcially if Tebow is going to get 20 plays a game. Hill will definitely benefit from a simplified option offense early in his career. The question will be if he can learn the route tree and how to read defenses presnap to make adjustments on routes. If he does, he could be a force. The problem is not every WR can learn these things.

I think Jones will be a better fit for a Patriots' style of defense than others because they run so many looks and Jones is versatile. He is also still raw and probably be limited to subpackages early in his career. He like Coples has tons of upside, but different question marks.

I agree Hightower is probably the better pick at least early because he can line up anywhere. He has a motor to boot.
    Translation: I don't know anything about Coples, but I'll just say both have potential. but but but but but, of course, the obligatory, my team's pick is a better fit anyway.

You know nothing about Hill, or Coples for that matter. You can read a draft report, good for you. You obviously don't have a clue otherwise.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 04-29-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Jets champiomship trophies in the last 43 years:

I could have sworn that was the Pasts* "Super Bowls Won Against the Giants" trophy case.

Veteran
    I know we are no longer discussing the original post. but I definitely forgot how much the media loves to blow the Pats and BB during the draft.

All Pro
    Yes, because the offense has suffered now that they don't videotape defensive signals.

One last time. The reason why the Pats haven't won a Super Bowl since Spygate is because of the defense which has nothing to do with what they got caught for. This is why this argument is stupid and not worth rebutting.
    How many points did they score against the Giants both times? Both of those losses are on Brady.

And once again, I come away unimpressed with the Pats draft. Hightower can be a beast, but Jones is a project and nobody else they took really scares me.

Given the opportunity they had with all of those high picks, I couldn't be happier. They really need to take the draft responsibility away from Bill. His percentage of hits in the early rounds is embarrassing. How many DBs does he have to select to find one who can actually play?
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 04-29-2012 at 11:51 PM.

You should see some of Robhomer's work over at patsfans.com

He comes here with a muzzle, tries to hold back and pretends to be objective, when deep down, he's nothing but an enraged homer.

Rob0729

Hall of Fame Poster

Re: The 2012 season: the Jets suck

Quote: Originally Posted by randomk1
    So guys...which team are we more afraid of at the start of the new season?

The Jest or Bills?

Personally...a healthy Bills team seems more threatening on paper...better offense and they should do a good job of pass rushing.

The Bills by a mile. They have no depth, but their frontline players are good enough to make them a playoff contender.

The Jets are worse right now than they were last year and they weren't good last year. They have a realistic chance of going sub-500 this year. Their defense is a shell of what it was with an old and bad LB corp outside of Harris. They have no receivers and their o-line is still a mess. The whole Tebow thing could kill Sanchez's psyche.

ROFLMAO

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    How many points did they score against the Giants both times? Both of those losses are on Brady.
    Was Brady on the field with the Tyree catch? When Asante Samuel dropped what would have been the game winning TD?

As for this past time, the Pats might have won if Gronk was close to 100% and Mankins (who was a turnstyle late in the game) wasn't playing with a torn ACL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL, the ONLY time you post on this board is in a thread like this where your precious Pats are being questioned, you can't post fast enough to defend them, your radar goes off every ****ing time somebody dares to suggest the Pats goofed.

I haven't even said anything about the Jets in this thread, haven't said anything about their draft picks, not a single post, just exposing you for the homer you are. Yet, I'm the homer? I'm pathetic? ROFLMAO

Don't be mad because I expose you every single time.
    I post on this board on Patriots related threads. I am a Pats fan and I have no interest in posting on Jets' relate threads.

If I am a homer you are the court jester of this board. All but a select few Jets fans look at you as a source of unintentional amusement and mockery. You are a Jets fan and you have been banned from this board far more times than I have as a Pats fan. That is saying something.

And the only thing you ever expose on this board is your limited intelligence.

Translation: I don't know anything about Coples, but I'll just say both have potential. but but but but but, of course, the obligatory, my team's pick is a better fit anyway.

You know nothing about Hill, or Coples for that matter. You can read a draft report, good for you. You obviously don't have a clue otherwise.
    No one knows a heck of a lot about Hill as a WR. The guy caught 28 balls this season and is more of a blocker.

All Pro
    Was Brady on the field with the Tyree catch? When Asante Samuel dropped what would have been the game winning TD?

As for this past time, the Pats might have won if Gronk was close to 100% and Mankins (who was a turnstyle late in the game) wasn't playing with a torn ACL.
    Don't make lame excuses. Those are the sort of excuses you jump all over people here for when they try to make them for Sanchez scoring 17 points in a loss.

14 and 17 is not good enough. 31 is a decent game for them... and Brady came up small when it counted.

Deep down, you know it's true. You know Brady failed to deliver the performance that was expected of him both times. There is no Tyree catch if Brady tosses his usual 4 TDs.

No one knows a heck of a lot about Hill as a WR. The guy caught 28 balls this season and is more of a blocker.
    Those that evaluate players, have seen the kid perform pre-draft, interviewed and worked out the kid, all know his potential. His work since the CF season ended up until draft have players and people raving down at IMG.

The 28 balls/blocker spin is convenient downplaying the potential of the player, but typical for Pat homers.

He's raw, but he has all the tools, the work ethic, the character, and considering the position he plays, isn't near the diva most players are. His numbers are off the chart.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 04-30-2012 at 12:06 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Solder's still a question mark, TX. He's the Mark Sanchez of tackles in the AFCE. Vollmer I like a lot, actually. The fact that the Pats have the best O-line coach in the business negates a lot of individual weaknesses.

Hightower is a problem for us, 100%. Jones will take a little longer to develop into a difference maker (unless you line him up against Hunter - so there you go, I just gave you the secret).
    Best post in the thread.

No arguements with me.

I post on this board on Patriots related threads. I am a Pats fan and I have no interest in posting on Jets' relate threads.

If I am a homer you are the court jester of this board. All but a select few Jets fans look at you as a source of unintentional amusement and mockery. You are a Jets fan and you have been banned from this board far more times than I have as a Pats fan. That is saying something.

And the only thing you ever expose on this board is your limited intelligence.
    You don't read what I post, and when I'm not putzing around with Patriot homer clowns like you, or not dealing with the SOJF misery that tends to permeate this board lately, I have no problem buckling down and talking football.

But too many take themselves too seriously, like yourself, too many have no objectivity at all, like you, or are complete trolls, like PatsFanTx.

You should see some of Robhomer's work over at patsfans.com

He comes here with a muzzle, tries to hold back and pretends to be objective, when deep down, he's nothing but an enraged homer.

ROFLMAO

I don't think the Jets are very good right now. Many Jets fans will agree with me. I think they will be .500 or 7-9 at this point until they prove otherwise. I never hid that.

I don't think Sanchez is mentally tough either. I think the whole Tebow thing will do wonders with his psyche.

Unlike you though, I try to show respect to other boards when I visit unless I am attacked first. I have been critical of the Jets here, but I will be more respectful to the Jets as a guest on this board. On a Pats' fan's site, I do not have have such filter.

You don't read what I post, and when I'm not putzing around with Patriot homer clowns like you, or not dealing with SOJF misery that tends to permeate this board lately, I have no problem buckling down and talking football.

But too many take themselves too seriously, like yourself, too many have no objectivity at all, like you, or are complete trolls, like PatsFanTx.
    I have read your posts including the ones that get you banned. You have no problem talking football with anyone who is willing to share the Jets' fan's koolaid. Anyone who disagree with, you treat with as much respect as you do any Patriots' fan. Which is why you have been banned twice from this board since the Jets' season has ended.

Rah!Rah! You are nothing but a know it all internet bully who is to immature or ignorant to debate anyone who disagrees with you and needs to resort to insults rather than debating ideas. There are probably more Jets fans on this board who wish you left than me.
    Last edited by Rob0729; 04-30-2012 at 12:09 AM.

BTW, reports are now that the Jets wanted Bruce Irvin, not Coples:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...medium=twitter

Banned
    Those that evaluate players, have seen the kid perform pre-draft, interviewed and worked out the kid, all know the potential of the kid.

The 28 balls/blocker spin is convenient downplaying the potential of the play, but typical for Pat homers.

He's raw, but he has all the tools, the work ethic, the character, and considering the position he plays, isn't near the diva most players are. His numbers are off the chart.
    Seriously, do you really think the Jets can win 15 games next year?

That's what it will take to beat the Pats in the AFCE.

I don't think the Jets are very good right now.

Shocking...

Many Jets fans will agree with me.
    SOJF, sure

I think they will be .500 or 7-9 at this point until they prove otherwise. I never hid that.
    They are a better team than they were 2 years ago when they went to the AFCCG off of an 11-5 season, last year doesn't change that, it was a season that the team fell apart, they lost the confidence in the offensive philosophy, and had some holes with pass protection and injuries, not to mention, changes at the WR and TE positions that hurt. They've gone a long way up until this point to address that, it will be a completely different team, especially on offense. Big believer in Sparano, he'll bring discipline and toughness to the entire unit, and is a good fit for what Rex prefers. His players play hard for him, there are plenty of reasons to believe the Jets offense this year will match the toughness and discipline that Sparano's teams have in the past, it's exactly what the team needed. Talent has been upgraded, and Tebow, despite all the BS spinning about how you and Pats fans, and some Jets fans think he'll affect the Jets locker room, he is still a player can help the Jets in so many ways, and Sparano was a big reason why the Jets made the move, and it has NOTHING to do with Sanchez, or replacing Sanchez as the QB.

I don't think Sanchez is mentally tough either. I think the whole Tebow thing will do wonders with his psyche.

Unlike you though, I try to show respect to other boards when I visit unless I am attacked first. I have been critical of the Jets here, but I will be more respectful to the Jets as a guest on this board. On a Pats' fan's site, I do not have have such filter.
    Then you are blind, you know nothing about Sanchez, and completely underestimate a player that has already won 4 playoff games and has lead a team to the AFCCG twice. It's good to know you buy into the media bull**** that has permeated throughout the national and local media networks as well as social networks.

BTW, reports are now that the Jets wanted Bruce Irvin, not Coples:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...medium=twitter
    And this has already been reported that this was complete BS.

@TheJetsStream Although Jets had interest in West Virginia OLB Bruce Irvin, they would not have selected him at No. 16 if he was still on the board. #nyj

Those that evaluate players, have seen the kid perform pre-draft, interviewed and worked out the kid, all know his potential. His work since the CF season ended up until draft have players and people raving down at IMG.

The 28 balls/blocker spin is convenient downplaying the potential of the player, but typical for Pat homers.

The first no-go route he runs for the Jets will be the first one he has run since at least high school. The guy played in a triple option offense. He had no presnap reads. He was never asked to run routes other than go routes. Those are facts.

Not every WR can learn to run routes and red defenses. He got away without learning those skills in college, but he will need them at the Pro level. He might be able to learn them. Then again, he might not. That is an unknown. There are plenty of option WRs who were great in college and failed in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Seriously, do you really think the Jets can win 15 games next year?

That's what it will take to beat the Pats in the AFCE.
    The Jets can be a 12-4 team, they can be that good. They have the potential.

Locking in the Pats at 14 wins is pure comedy and homerism, especially right now, with so much up in the air with the team on offense at WR, with Welker's inevitable holdout, Mankins injury, Brady aging, BGJE's loss, and a defense that was at the bottom of the league last year.

They had a good run last year

Teams will be better prepared this year against the Patriots two TE's.