Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: So the Pats get another A in the draft

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Shocking...

SOJF, sure

They are a better team than they were 2 years ago when they went to the AFCCG off of an 11-5 season, last year doesn't change that, it was a season that the team fell apart, they lost the confidence in the offensive philosophy, and had some holes with pass protection and injuries, not to mention, changes at the WR and TE positions that hurt. They've gone a long way up until this point to address that, it will be a completely different team, especially on offense. Big believer in Sparano, he'll bring discipline and toughness to the entire unit, and is a good fit for what Rex prefers. His players play hard for him, there are plenty of reasons to believe the Jets offense this year will match the toughness and discipline that Sparano's teams have in the past, it's exactly what the team needed. Talent has been upgraded, and Tebow, despite all the BS spinning about how you and Pats fans, and some Jets fans think he'll affect the Jets locker room, he is still a player can help the Jets in so many ways, and Sparano was a big reason why the Jets made the move, and it has NOTHING to do with Sanchez, or replacing Sanchez as the QB.

Then you are blind, you know nothing about Sanchez, and completely underestimate a player that has already won 4 playoff games and has lead a team to the AFCCG twice. It's good to know you buy into the media bull**** that has permeated throughout the national and local media networks as well as social networks.
    LOL! And you call me a homer. Where do I start with this rosy Jet green puke? Better than 2010? How? They have lost several key components of 2010 and many of their defensive pieces are starting to get long in the tooth (Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Bryan Thomas).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    The first no-go route he runs for the Jets will be the first one he has run since at least high school. The guy played in a triple option offense. He had no presnap reads. He was never asked to run routes other than go routes. Those are facts.

Not every WR can learn to run routes and red defenses. He got away without learning those skills in college, but he will need them at the Pro level. He might be able to learn them. Then again, he might not. That is an unknown. There are plenty of option WRs who were great in college and failed in the NFL.
    Hill has been working out at IMG for the past 3 months, he's been working with NFL players the entire time, and every report I've read, they are amazed at Hill's ability, his character, his work ethic, AND his ability to run NFL routes, so right off the bat, your main spin against Hill is WRONG.

He's raw, we all know this, but from the reports I've read, is that he is ascending quickly, and can develop quickly enough to be a factor in his first year. The fact that he is a physical WR, and loves to block, and is damn good at it, is a plus, given the style of play the Jets plan to deploy this year.

His size and speed alone adds a threat and a dynamic to the middle of the secondary, and forces the safety position to adjust, and taken out of the play. This will be especially beneficial in the Jets running game, the wildcat, and in play action, all of which will be staples of the Jets offense under Sparano. This is something the Jets didn't have last year with Burress. In Schilenz and Hill, they have two players that can be very effective at the X position.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 04-30-2012 at 12:31 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The first no-go route he runs for the Jets will be the first one he has run since at least high school. The guy played in a triple option offense. He had no presnap reads. He was never asked to run routes other than go routes. Those are facts.

Not every WR can learn to run routes and red defenses. He got away without learning those skills in college, but he will need them at the Pro level. He might be able to learn them. Then again, he might not. That is an unknown. There are plenty of option WRs who were great in college and failed in the NFL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

You REALLY don't know what you're talking about.

Just because a player was not asked to run routes in school does not mean he cannot.

In fact, it was reported by several different people who follow draft prospects that Hill actually has some route running ability, as was shown in his many pre-draft workouts.

And there are not many WRs with Hills triangle numbers who have completely failed. Many of them can get by and contribute on sheer athletic ability.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! And you call me a homer. Where do I start with this rosy Jet green puke? Better than 2010? How? They have lost several key components of 2010 and many of their defensive pieces are starting to get long in the tooth (Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Bryan Thomas).
    Shocking, you have NOTHING of substance to refute it.

Love the "age" spin, you never seem to have the same angle for the Pats when they are usually the older team on the field.

Scott, Pace, and Thomas aren't the main cogs of this defense, not anymore

Pace is still in his prime, Scott, with less weight can still be a very good player, Thomas is a stop gap, the Jets will be a lot younger at OLB this year with Maybin and potentially Sapp, not to mention a very talented and deep, and YOUNG, DL.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Don't make lame excuses. Those are the sort of excuses you jump all over people here for when they try to make them for Sanchez scoring 17 points in a loss.

14 and 17 is not good enough. 31 is a decent game for them... and Brady came up small when it counted.

Deep down, you know it's true. You know Brady failed to deliver the performance that was expected of him both times. There is no Tyree catch if Brady tosses his usual 4 TDs.
    BAM!

Looks like I'm not the only one who sees right through Robhomer90120!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Don't make lame excuses. Those are the sort of excuses you jump all over people here for when they try to make them for Sanchez scoring 17 points in a loss.

14 and 17 is not good enough. 31 is a decent game for them... and Brady came up small when it counted.

Deep down, you know it's true. You know Brady failed to deliver the performance that was expected of him both times. There is no Tyree catch if Brady tosses his usual 4 TDs.
    If the Pats stopped Manning on the last drive in February of 2008, everyone would be talking about Brady and his miracle comebacks.

BTW, the Pats beat the Greatest Show on Turf in February 2001 scoring 13 points on offense. Apparently 13 points was good enough to outscore one of the best offenses in NFL history.

The Pats' losses in the Super Bowl were a team effort. It wasn't all Brady's fault. He played a part in the loss, but it was the defense not being able to stop Manning that cost the games in the end of both games. This past February, the Pats were up by three points with 57 left in the game. In the first meeting, the Pats were up by 4 with 2:07 left.

Out of the five Super Bowls Brady was in, he one scored like the Brady you suggest in one where he threw for 354 yards and 3 TDs vs. the Panthers.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    BAM!

Looks like I'm not the only one who sees right through Robhomer90120!
    How do you see anything with Jet green colored glasses 3 miles thick?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the "age" spin, you never seem to have the same angle for the Pats when they are usually the older team on the field.

Pace is still in his prime, Scott, with less weight can still be a very good player, Thomas is a stop gap, the Jets will be a lot younger at OLB this year with Maybin and potentially Sapp, not to mention a very talented and deep, and YOUNG, DL.
    Pace and Scott are declining. I doesn't necessarily have to do with age. Scott wouldn't be on the team if the Jets didn't guarantee him his salary.

Maybin disappeared down the stretch because teams probably figured him out. Sapp has not done much in his career and his "potential" means very little right now. A weakness that the Jets did not address in free agency thus far or the draft.

Fact of the matter is two years ago, the LB corp was a strength of the defense and now it is a weakness.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do you see anything with Jet green colored glasses 3 miles thick?
    LOL, so any post I put up, you can't spin your doom and gloom about the Jets, I'm a homer, but of course, the mantra you spew about the Pats, that should mean something, and the Jets are just a mess.

You really don't realize how big of a joke you are?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, so any post I put up, you can't spin your doom and gloom about the Jets, I'm a homer, but of course, the mantra you spew about the Pats, that should mean something, and the Jets are just a mess.

You really don't realize how big of a joke you are?
    I guess not. I am too busy laughing with the rest of your fellow Jets fans at you.

I have have some homer in me, but I have proven I can be objective at least at times and give credit to the Jets and criticize the Pats at least at times. You have never criticized the Jets and you always attribute any success for the Pats to luck.

You do realize that you are such a blind homer and so obsessed with me that I have let you highjack this thread making this board a less enjoyable experience for your fellow Jets fans.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pace and Scott are declining. I doesn't necessarily have to do with age. Scott wouldn't be on the team if the Jets didn't guarantee him his salary.

Maybin disappeared down the stretch because teams probably figured him out. Sapp has not done much in his career and his "potential" means very little right now. A weakness that the Jets did not address in free agency thus far or the draft.
    Scott played 15 lbs above weight last year. Pace is declining based on what?

Maybin didn't disappear, he was always a situational player, he played less against physical offenses that ran the ball a lot.

The Jets didn't need to address in FA, they have young players that have potential. Maybin is already up 10 lbs this off-season and the team believes and is banking that he will be a more effective player this year and will play more with the base defense.

Stop spewing your garbage, you don't know what you're talking about.

Fact of the matter is two years ago, the LB corp was a strength of the defense and now it is a weakness.
    The Jets will be playing a lot more 4-3 this year, it's obvious they are shifting some of their defensive philosophy. They hired the DL coach from the Vikings, a team that ran the 4-3, the Jets are stocking up at DL, especially at DE in Wilkerson and now Coples. Coples can still play some 3-4 OLB. Maybin is putting on weight and will be a bigger part of the rotation. Pace is still in his prime. The team is very high on the kid they drafted in the 3rd round, and his speed at inside LB will be a much needed fusion of talent. The Jets added several players in the secondary at S with Landry, and the kids they drafted, adding more speed at a position of need.

Stop, you don't know what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 04-30-2012 at 12:45 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Pats stopped Manning on the last drive in February of 2008, everyone would be talking about Brady and his miracle comebacks.

BTW, the Pats beat the Greatest Show on Turf in February 2001 scoring 13 points on offense. Apparently 13 points was good enough to outscore one of the best offenses in NFL history.

The Pats' losses in the Super Bowl were a team effort. It wasn't all Brady's fault. He played a part in the loss, but it was the defense not being able to stop Manning that cost the games in the end of both games. This past February, the Pats were up by three points with 57 left in the game. In the first meeting, the Pats were up by 4 with 2:07 left.

Out of the five Super Bowls Brady was in, he one scored like the Brady you suggest in one where he threw for 354 yards and 3 TDs vs. the Panthers.
    Again, all excuses. The same excuses you would criticize Jets fans for making.

Brady threw for 50 TDs in 2007 and managed only 14 points in the SB. Fail.

Threw for 5,000 yards and 40 TDs in 2011. 17 points in the SB. Fail.

The lousy Pats defense played a fine game. Brady did not.

I know you won't admit you're wrong, you never do. That's fine. Everybody can see the truth, except you of course.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess not. I am too busy laughing with the rest of your fellow Jets fans at you.

I have have some homer in me, but I have proven I can be objective at least at times and give credit to the Jets and criticize the Pats at least at times. You have never criticized the Jets and you always attribute any success for the Pats to luck.
    ROFLMAO

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey RayRay, when was the last time the Jets finished with more wins than the Patriots?

Oh yea, it was more than a friggn' decade ago with Vinny at the helm.

Pats have new compition in the AFCE with the Bills and the Phins.

Spin your 44 years.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    ROFLMAO
    Yeah, it is funny because it is so true especially about you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it is funny because it is so true especially about you.
    It's funny because you try so hard to be objective, and you aren't anything of the sort.

You also pretend you know what you're talking about, and you are clueless.

Yeah, that is ROFLMAO worthy!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's funny because you try so hard to be objective, and you aren't anything of the sort.

You also pretend you know what you're talking about, and you are clueless.

Yeah, that is ROFLMAO worthy!
    LOL! I did love how you tried to argue that the Jets are all set on the o-line and it is questionable if the Jets need to upgrade Hunter. Really shows you know your stuff.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Hey RayRay, when was the last time the Jets finished with more wins than the Patriots?

Oh yea, it was more than a friggn' decade ago with Vinny at the helm.

Pats have new compition in the AFCE with the Bills and the Phins.

Spin your 44 years.
    Beat it troll, the adults are talking football.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! I did love how you tried to argue that the Jets are all set on the o-line and it is questionable if the Jets need to upgrade Hunter. Really shows you know your stuff.
    First, I never said anything about the OL in this thread, the current starting OL is the same unit that took them to the AFCCG two years ago. Hunter may or may not be the starter, Ducasse could develop and be an emerging player this year, the team still feels this way. Sparano alone, the offensive philosophy, better protection schemes with an emphasis to protect the QB unlike last year figure to play a factor in addressing the pass protection problems of last year, as well as upgrades and better play at TE.

Once again, stop posting, you don't have any clue of what you're talking about.