Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: So the Pats get another A in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    To be truthfully, I don't have much of an opinion on Coples. He definitely has the physical ability, but the concerns about the motor scare me. But there has been conflicting stories to why he had a motor problem last year and some do not make it as big of an issue as others.

I hated Stephen Hill before the draft. You can go to Patsfans.com and see I was adamant against the Pats taking him. He might actually be better suited for the Jets' offense espcially if Tebow is going to get 20 plays a game. Hill will definitely benefit from a simplified option offense early in his career. The question will be if he can learn the route tree and how to read defenses presnap to make adjustments on routes. If he does, he could be a force. The problem is not every WR can learn these things.

I think Jones will be a better fit for a Patriots' style of defense than others because they run so many looks and Jones is versatile. He is also still raw and probably be limited to subpackages early in his career. He like Coples has tons of upside, but different question marks.

I agree Hightower is probably the better pick at least early because he can line up anywhere. He has a motor to boot.
    Hightower's a starter from day 1. He should be.

Jones is undersized. He's going to get eaten up 1 on 1, BUT we all know BB is smarter than putting him in positions to fail.

We're going to find out. Damn those pesky Patriots!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Nice.

I knew a poster named Roger Vick that said stuff like this.

Welcome to the board Owen Reed.
    Now that's a classic post.

Sorry, I forgot to translate my post from English to moron for you before I clicked the post button.
    You are cute when you are angry, girlfriend.
    Are you single?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Really, Pats versus the Jets.
    More like Pats versus Ray Ray versus Jets divided by Ray Ray..

Tom Brady's gay!

Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    Lets face it.....

Patriots draft picks = Amazing potential, very very very little risk (if any).
    Jets draft picks = hot garbage that has fallen down a port-a-potty
    on a 120 degree day in Mumbai, India.
    It was generally accepted that both Coples and especially Hill were boom or busts prospects. Hill had 49 career receptions. You guys are comparing him to Calvin Johnson who had 48 receptions his rookie year.

Coples' ceiling is higher than Jones, but you have already seen with Vernon Gholston that if football isn't a priority that all the physical talent in the world doesn't mean much. I am always concerned about a draft prospect when they question his priority to football. Coples may not be that guy, but that is a concern right now.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Hightower's a starter from day 1. He should be.

Jones is undersized. He's going to get eaten up 1 on 1, BUT we all know BB is smarter than putting him in positions to fail.

We're going to find out. Damn those pesky Patriots!
    Jones will ultimately be the elephant (assuming he pans out) just like Willie McGinest was back in the day (they both are basically the same height and weight). Jones will be a OLB in the 3-4 and a DE in the four man fronts. If he is anything like McGinest in that area, he will have his hand on the ground by off the line where an OLB would stand in a 3-4.

It was generally accepted that both Coples and especially Hill were boom or busts prospects. Hill had 49 career receptions. You guys are comparing him to Calvin Johnson who had 48 receptions his rookie year.

Coples' ceiling is higher than Jones, but you have already seen with Vernon Gholston that if football isn't a priority that all the physical talent in the world doesn't mean much. I am always concerned about a draft prospect when they question his priority to football. Coples may not be that guy, but that is a concern right now.
    Gholston was an elite athlete playing at the college level, and successful that way. Coples is talented AND a physical freak. Gholston didn't possess much football prowess like Coples AND Jones do. Coples needs motivation, and it sounds like he's fine. Jones needs the right situation, and I believe he'll be fine on BB's team (unfortunately for the NYJ).

Jones will ultimately be the elephant (assuming he pans out) just like Willie McGinest was back in the day (they both are basically the same height and weight). Jones will be a OLB in the 3-4 and a DE in the four man fronts. If he is anything like McGinest in that area, he will have his hand on the ground by off the line where an OLB would stand in a 3-4.
    That would be a good fit, but he needs to control his pass rush. Remember John Abraham? No one was better than getting to the QB and missing the sack than Abraham (on the NYJ, anyway).

I call it operating in the black. It's like going 200 mph with no brakes. Jones has the ability, he needs some kind of control.

Are they going to bulk him up?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

Jets fans said the exact same thing about Vollemer and Solder.

Both are better tackles than the Jets have on their roster minus DBrick.

Jones and Hightower will be the Jets worst nightmare for the next 5 yaears

Not unless one of them can play QB as well as Cindy...

It was a lopsided trade no doubt. But it might have been the best trade offer they were given. The choice was probably take someone they didn't want that high to take the trade. I will slam the team for the Wilson pick, but many times in trades outside the first round you gotta take what you get.

The Pats have been on the other side of a lot of lopsided trades, but I bet you never gave them credit for them.

Give Pats credit?

that would be like taking you seriously, Mr. Pats Fan.
    I gave them credit when they CHEATED. Lots of it. TONS!!!
    Oh and i also gave them credit during that AMAZING TUCK RULE PLAY!!!

NFL OFFICIALS bailing those amazing Pats since 2002

Right, since the Patriots drafted Jones....there is ZERO chance he becomes a Gholston.

Wake me when Jones is getting his yellow coat in Canton, i guess.

Solder's still a question mark, TX. He's the Mark Sanchez of tackles in the AFCE. Vollmer I like a lot, actually. The fact that the Pats have the best O-line coach in the business negates a lot of individual weaknesses.

Hightower is a problem for us, 100%. Jones will take a little longer to develop into a difference maker (unless you line him up against Hunter - so there you go, I just gave you the secret).

Shhhh...did you hear that?

Jones already got an NFL sack!

Coples you suck.

Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    Shhhh...did you hear that?

Jones already got an NFL sack!

Coples you suck.
    Aaah, it's all opinions anyway. You never know when a player, who has never gotten a sack, gets signed by a rival team and posts like 6 sacks or something.

When that happens then the year after will be huge.

I looked up the term "Homer" in the encyclopedia, and your picture was there.

All League
    Who cares? They've been getting praised for all the 5th and 6th round picks they were adding in order to drop a few spots in the 1st/2nd round and missing out on many pro bowlers. Let the media continue to praise them. It's not like it's helping them out on their woeful drafting, and instead is just encouraging it in the future.

How can anyone possibly grade the draft? It's idiotic...

Grade the 2007 draft. That would make sense. Give players 5 years in the league to show who they are.

LOL! I said both Coples and Hill could turn into All Pros and far better picks than either Jones and Hightower. And you call me a homer for that.

Dude, you are pathetic. You are such a blind homer buffoon on this board that if I said the Jets had the best draft ever in the history of drafts, you would attack me for being a blind homer trying to put a rosy Patriots' spin on things.

Seriously, no one knows how any draft pick is going to turn out for sure at this point from Andrew Luck to Mr. Irrelevant. I am not proclaiming that the Pats' draft picks are going to end up being better players than the Jets' draft picks. I am just stating the reasons why analysts would say the Pats had a better draft.
    LOL, the ONLY time you post on this board is in a thread like this where your precious Pats are being questioned, you can't post fast enough to defend them, your radar goes off every ****ing time somebody dares to suggest the Pats goofed.

I haven't even said anything about the Jets in this thread, haven't said anything about their draft picks, not a single post, just exposing you for the homer you are. Yet, I'm the homer? I'm pathetic? ROFLMAO

Don't be mad because I expose you every single time.