Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: So the Pats get another A in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Because it's true.

Pats biggest threat this year in the AFCE will be the Bills and the Dolphins.

A few things:

1.) Who cares about what draft experts say the day after the draft? I am happy people like the Pats' draft, but it means nothing.
    2.) Mayock had Chandler Jones as his 8th best player in the draft (top DE/OLB) before the draft. He didn't suddenly fall in love with him because the Pats drafted him. If the Jets drafted him, he would have said the same thing.
    3.) Coples and Hill are boom or bust type of players. They have the potential to be All Pros, but they both have big question marks. Coples has concerns about his motor and as you guys found out with Vernon Gholston, that can be significant. Hill has 49 career receptions and never has had to learn the route tree or read defensive formations in a triple option offense. Both Coples and Hill could end up being far better draft picks than Jones and Hightower, but Jones and Hightower are safer selections at this point and fit needs better (Looks like Coples will end up replacing a solid, but aging Mike DeVito).
    4.) The Pats addressed their needs on defense with their picks. The Jets have two glaring areas not really addressed - RT and OLB.

Judging a draft the day after the draft is like grading an entire 100 question test based on the results of the first two answers. But there is a lot of reasons why the Pats would get a better grade than the Jets.
    Last edited by Rob0729; 04-29-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Have you ever contributed to this message board?

You are the most pathetic HOMER in the world.

Even Jets fans laugh their ass off at you.

Because it's true.

Pats biggest threat this year in the AFCE will be the Bills and the Dolphins.
    I agree with the Bills, but the Dolphins?

Veteran
    Trophies won by Patsies without cheating

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    I agree with the Bills, but the Dolphins?
    Best QB's in the AFCE:

1) Brady

2) Fitz
    3) Tannehill
    4) Sanchez/Tebow

The Patriots do not need any defending in their draft or any part of their game. Certainly not from a Jets fan

The Patriots OWN the AFCE.

Have you ever contributed to this message board?

You are the most pathetic HOMER in the world.

Even Jets fans laugh their ass off at you.
    BAN THIS LOSER!!

Veteran
    Best QB's in the AFCE:

1) Brady

2) Fitz
    3) Tannehill
    4) Sanchez/Tebow
    Where's the 1A for Ryan Mallet.
    Kraft smeared him just enough to get him to fall where he needed him to last year. Classy
    And Tannehill is a joke. Hogs made him look bad and our defense needed alot of work then. Miami will hate this decision.
    Last edited by RazorJet; 04-29-2012 at 09:33 PM.

Totally agree, who cares what grade the Pats got, they will once again win the AFCE by 5 games over the Bills.
    Bullsh*t, Jets are winning the division by two games over the Patriots this year, book it Bro!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    BAN THIS LOSER!!
    Solid 282 post.

Although I love your username.

Best QB's in the AFCE:

1) Brady

2) Fitz
    3) Tannehill
    4) Sanchez/Tebow
    Now I know you are pulling our jockstrap. Brady has never beaten Sanchez in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAVIS BICKLE View Post
    Trophies won by Patsies without cheating

You beat me to it. At least the Jets won theirs legitimately. Pats haven't won anything.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Bullsh*t, Jets are winning the division by two games over the Patriots this year, book it Bro!
    Pats are easily winning 13/14 games next year.

Do you seriously think Sanchez/Tebow can win 15 or 16 games?

Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Considering the Pats won 5 more games including both head to head games last year that is a bold statement. That is a 7 game swing you are predicting.

I wouldn't put money on that. Anything can happen, but the Pats on paper are better this year with the easiest schedule in the league based on last year's standings. Odds they will win less than 12-13 games barring an injury to Brady is not great.

All Pro
    Hijack complete.

This is so 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    You beat me to it. At least the Jets won theirs legitimately. Pats haven't won anything.
    You're better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    You're better than that.
    It is so cliche of a response by Jets fans I just ignore it at this point.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Considering the Pats won 5 more games including both head to head games last year that is a bold statement. That is a 7 game swing you are predicting.

I wouldn't put money on that. Anything can happen, but the Pats on paper are better this year with the easiest schedule in the league based on last year's standings. Odds they will win less than 12-13 games barring an injury to Brady is not great.
    You just ruined the thread by providing common sense.

The original poster has a totally legit beef about the rating of drafts. All the other stuff aside The Pats could draft all 7th round grades and they would bet a B+ at worst. The inconsistency is the problem, one year the pats act in a certain fashion and are praised for it while other teams are blasted for taking a different tact. The next year they reverse strategies completely and indeed the praise is swapped.