Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Anyone out there heard anything new about Revis?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone out there heard anything new about Revis?

OK, now that the draft is done and over with, has anyone out there heard anything new about Revis maybe holding out?
    I for one, would be really angry if he does follow through with his threats.
    Part of me understandings where hes coming from, but as a fan, i cant see how this situation ends up well. As a closet GM, I say package him with the other cancer (S Holmes) and ship em both out of town!
    what say you?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, get rid of your best player.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Besides the huge cap hit and gaping hole left by Revis if we were dumb enough to trade him and no one wants Holmes with the contract we gave him....good idea.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, he's taken up juggling, RachelRay Recipes and told Cro to stop having so many Damn kids.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;4454079]Besides the huge cap hit and gaping hole left by Revis if we were dumb enough to trade him and no one wants Holmes with the contract we gave him....good idea.[/QUOTE]

Dammit Tokyo, I love your sig. Only one that I stare at. I watch it twice, everytime.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;4454087]Dammit Tokyo, I love your sig. Only one that I stare at. I watch it twice, everytime.[/QUOTE]

agreed, best sig on this site!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;4454087]Dammit Tokyo, I love your sig. Only one that I stare at. I watch it twice, everytime.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=canadianjetsfan;4454093]agreed, best sig on this site![/QUOTE]

Lol I changed it once, but got so much sht for it I put it back after an hour.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually remember that. To funny

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4454075]Yes, get rid of your best player.[/QUOTE]

Not just best current player, but best player the Jets have ever had.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let him holdout it just adds 3 years at 5-6 mil a year onto his current contract. Tanny was smart in anticipating Revis being a tool.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4454123]Not just best current player, but best player the Jets have ever had.[/QUOTE]

And therein lies the problem. he is the best player we have ever had. I wish he was the best leader and slightly less all about the money.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dunno. He'll probably be a douche and holdout again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=canadianjetsfan;4454067]OK, now that the draft is done and over with, has anyone out there heard anything new about Revis maybe holding out?
    I for one, would be really angry if he does follow through with his threats.
    Part of me understandings where hes coming from, but as a fan, i cant see how this situation ends up well. As a closet GM, I say package him with the other cancer (S Holmes) and ship em both out of town!
    what say you?[/QUOTE]

He can't not this year anyway. If Revis holds out he loses the ability to void the contract after 2013. So by holding out he doesn't help his self. The only way he "holds out" is if the front office is already giving him a new deal and they don't want to risk an injury like his last deal. Will he pull a CC or ARod next year likely. Either way he doesn't miss one game this year he'd have too much to loose.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TheMo;4454136][B]Let him holdout it just adds 3 years at 5-6 mil a year onto his current contract.[/B] Tanny was smart in anticipating Revis being a tool.[/QUOTE]

Is this accurate?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;4454353]Is this accurate?[/QUOTE]
    yes. But Revis isn't going to be scared by the 3 extra years added. He knows wed cave once and would again. His against would have him sit a yea and force a trade

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;4454103]Lol I changed it once, but got so much sht for it I put it back after an hour.[/QUOTE]

I had it as a sig years ago and someone complained so a mod asked me to take it down.. That Mod is no longer here and he never said who complained.. Vive your sig pick..:rockon:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    "It's gunna take this much money."

[IMG]http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.461541!/img/httpImage/image.jpg[/IMG]